Windows 10: Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

Discus and support Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So right now on my Surface laptop i have Google drive backup and sync installed. The problem is my laptop's storage is only 128gb and i'm about to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/babygorilla90, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

So right now on my Surface laptop i have Google drive backup and sync installed. The problem is my laptop's storage is only 128gb and i'm about to upgrade my drive storage to 200gb to make room for my 150gb worth of files so all this can no longer be stored on my laptop.

So i have a 500gb portable ssd and i was wondering if there is anyway i can add Google drive's backup & sync to that ? or will that be a problem since it sometimes gets disconnected ?

Thanks.

submitted by /u/babygorilla90
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/babygorilla90, Jan 12, 2020

2. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Jan 12, 2020
  3. Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we truly appreciate time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to try following the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Navigate to C:\ Program Files (x86)\google\googledrivesync.exe
      OR
    2. Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk (C).
    3. Look for Program Files and open.
    4. Then navigate to Google > Drive.
    5. Double click on the googledrivesync.exe file and check.

If the issue still persists, please refer
    Fix problems syncing to your computer
    and also please post your query in

Google Drive Forum Support
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, Jan 12, 2020
  4. Hockster Win User

Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

what sync backup program is good for windows 10? do I need an external drive?

Start -> Settings -> Update and Security -> Backup

You can select which folder to backup, how long to keep copies, and select a destination. An external drive would make this much easier and safer. Flash drives aren't exactly durable. It won't sync the way to want, I don't have any experience with any software that can do that.

Hockster, Jan 12, 2020
Thema:

Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ?

1. Google Drive backup & sync to an external SSD ? - Similar Threads - Google Drive backup

2. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  3. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hello all, How do I backup windows 10 unto a hard drive? What am I looking for and cant see my dive displayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-drive-backup/ecc6172e-9317-4fa9-8755-7ee6726e446f
  4. Ridiculous Google backup and sync times

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ridiculous Google backup and sync times: So i got a new laptop and i wanted to back up my Google drive to it like i do on my desktop. Simple task, it's almost 300gb, but I'm on gigabit internet... Nope. I decided to make it easy and copy it directly from my desktop to my laptop then just sync it so it's all tied...
  5. backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    backup to external drive: I want to backup my computer to an external drive. I have windows 10 in a partition on my MacBook Pro. when I go to backup it says "no usable drive found" even though I have my i-Portable plugged in...What do I need to do to make this work?...
  6. Backup/Sync to Usb external drive without Logging In

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup/Sync to Usb external drive without Logging In: Good day, This i my first post on this forum, hope i make a good job. I have a very simple network setup made up of three PCs running windows 10. One could be caller "Server" and the other two are "Drone1" and "Drone2" The drone PC's have a software that references to a...
  7. Backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Backup to external drive: In the Backup section of settings, I click "backup now" and it doesn't back up. I have requested daily backups but my last one was 1 month ago. I am attempting to back up to an external drive. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  8. External drive backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External drive backup: Hi, recently I bought a new computer dell Inspiron small desktop, I also own a "Toshiba external hard drive USB 3.0 USB devise", which I used to backup my previous desktop computer for years where I saved valuable files and documents. Now when I tried to open this devise in...
  9. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync: Hello, I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house. It started around the April updates. All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot. I tried many methods (registry cleanup,...
  10. Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling an app in Google Backup & Sync: I have just installed Google Backup & Sync - the new replacement for Google Drive. In the drive I downloaded and installed the Cloud ePub Reader app. I now wish to uninstall this app but I cannot see any way of doing this. Does anyone know how to uninstall it? 92185