Windows 10: Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please...

Discus and support Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, I uninstalled Google Drive from my computer, but it stayed behind in File Explorer. I can't open the file, can't delete, can't move. It's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChrisjBergen, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please...

Hi there,

I uninstalled Google Drive from my computer, but it stayed behind in File Explorer. I can't open the file, can't delete, can't move. It's just there. Anyone know how I can get rid of it? See screenshot for error message:

Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please... ff99b525-e2c9-485e-871e-d619bc6df34f?upload=true.jpg

:)

ChrisjBergen, Apr 20, 2021
  2. J Sim Win User

Can't use file explorer to locate files in Google Drive

After upgrading to Windows 10 ( free) , Whenever I go into my local google drive folder ( synched with Google Drive on the net ), and do a File Explorer Search, I cannot locate ANY file , even typing the obvious file like "tobefound.bmp" . But an idea came
    to me, when I copied Google Drive contents to say my Desk top and did the same thing...I could find the file.

Is there a remedy to this.?

Also, with Media Player and Live TV Gone, may I know is there a way to watch Live TV from the Antenna like before and to locate /watch all those recorded TV from before?

J Sim, Apr 20, 2021
  3. Ch3zGr8r Win User
    Overwrite file location with storage drive (file explorer)

Tried as suggested, receive some error message.

Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please... [​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

ah, didn't read the link - fixed from option 2.

Ch3zGr8r, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please...

Quick Access - "Location is not available"

Have just done Windows 10 update from 8.1 - very smooth well done MS!

Have encountered one small problem. In Windows Explorer have discovered "Quick Access" list. Clicking on one folder gives pop-up box "Location is not available" . Displays path which does not exist plus some suggestions as to what might have happened. If
    I right click on folder in list and select "Remove from Quick Access" nothing happens.

How do I get rid of this folder from the list?

Adagio-of-Wight, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please...

1. Google Drive is in File Explorer, can't get rid of it, 'Location is not available', please... - Similar Threads - Google Drive File

2. Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available: I have a couple folders and shortcuts including the Documents folder that are showing up in the file explorer but when I try to open them it is not able to locate the files. System File Checker does not detect any problems so I'm not sure how to fix the problem.-Thanks!...
  3. Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available: I have a couple folders and shortcuts including the Documents folder that are showing up in the file explorer but when I try to open them it is not able to locate the files. System File Checker does not detect any problems so I'm not sure how to fix the problem.-Thanks!...
  4. Files showing up in file explorer but the location is not available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Adding google drive to File explorer

Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  6. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding google drive to File explorer: how do I add my google drive to my file explorer so i can save files to it like i do to One drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-google-drive-to-file-explorer/1a8bcfe5-7efc-4203-8517-937286c5e67d
  7. Adding google drive to File explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't get rid of a drive

Can't get rid of a drive: I have a drive that I can't get rid of. It is not listed in the Disk Management app, but it is still listed in the "This PC". How do I get rid of it? It was a drive at one point in time....
  9. How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get rid of "Location not available" nag?: For several weeks I continue to get the "Location not available" nag shown in the attached screenshot whenever I start windows or file explorer. I likely did move the file, but how do I get windows to stop reminding me? [img] 132928
  10. Can't get rid of temporary files

Can't get rid of temporary files: I have 13.0 GB left in temporary files after doing a cleanup. This all happened after having usual problems following an update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-get-rid-of-temporary-files/87a43279-8f1b-457f-976c-8efcecdfb15e"