Windows 10: Google drive running in the background and increasing latency.

Discus and support Google drive running in the background and increasing latency. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; If there is something that botters me the most are those malware apps that runs in the background without you launching them or without your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DumitruCozma, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Google drive running in the background and increasing latency.

If there is something that botters me the most are those malware apps that runs in the background without you launching them or without your permision.I was playing a game,getting ridiculous latency,like 6000-8000 on a 1000mbps fiber optic conection and 13ms when there is no malware running in the background,that is... then i realised there was a one drive file running in the background that caused it...i never used one drive i thried it once,it was awful,never launched it again,i will definetely never use it in the future but WHY was it running in the background now?By the way,i unintalle

:)

DumitruCozma, Sep 12, 2021
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 12, 2021
  3. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Sep 12, 2021
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Google drive running in the background and increasing latency.

Apps only run as background pocesses

Hi Carmine,

To manage background apps in Windows 10, you can follow these steps:

• Go to Start menu and select Settings.
    • Click on Privacy on the Settings window.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select Background apps.
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an
      On/Off toggle.

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

Google drive running in the background and increasing latency.

1. Google drive running in the background and increasing latency. - Similar Threads - Google drive running

2. After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After Windows Cumulative Update - Google Chrome will only run in background without a...: [Note::I tried to attach a photo of the Update History but I don't think is stuck]Problem: After a windows update, which was automatically done remotely, and a forced reboot on Windows 11, Google chrome.exe will only run two ways: 1 While Windows 11 is booted normally -...
  3. PowerShell running in background.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    PowerShell running in background.: I don't know why but PowerShell runs in the background...I reinstalled the windows many times but after a while it runs in the background. I'm very scared...I don't know what to do...I think I'm hacked or something...please help....
  4. White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    White backgrounds increases brightness slowly, dark backgrounds lower brightness: As of yesterday, my HP EliteBook 840 G6 laptop started to exhibit the same undesirable fluctation of brightness tha my Acer laptop does. Since I never saw this on the EliteBook before, it must be a Windows update occuring 2021-06-13 unluck 13. I tried to follow the...
  5. Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification

in Windows 10 News
    Google increasing transparency with advertiser identity verification: We’re committed to giving our users transparency, choice and control when it comes to the ads they see on our platforms. That’s why we’ve long offered tools like Ad Settings which allows people to control how ads are personalized or even...
  6. Mail not running in background

Mail not running in background: So the Mail app has stopped checking for new messages in the background. Now it only gives me new mail notifications AFTER I open the app. Kind of defeats the point of notifications. Anyone know why it could have stopped working and how to fix it?...
  7. Apps running in background .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Apps running in background .: I would like to stop the possibility of certain programs to run in the windows background. How can I do that? I stopped everything from Task Manager - Startup, but it did not work. Always when I open the computer or give it a restart, the same programs run in the...
  8. Apps Running in Background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Apps Running in Background: Recently, I've had a lot of Windows apps running in the background- photos, calculator, and the store app, just to name a few- despite the fact that I have my computer set to not run apps in the background. Well, recently I found out that every time I turn on my computer, my...
  9. Edge running in background

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge running in background: Why is Microsoft Edge running in the background? Is this necessary or a virus? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/edge-running-in-background/3f945703-6d88-4779-a8c2-e5ff74accc2e
  10. Apps running in Background

Apps running in Background: HI, I'm new to Windows 10 and need some advice. Is it safe to turn off background apps or do I need some running? What about 'mixed reality viewer,' I don't know what it is? I do use MS Edge but do I need it running all the time. ? I like to keep my Gmail, Microsoft, outlook,...