Windows 10: Google drive

Discus and support Google drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have decided to use google drive instead of the Microsoft system This what I have done so far. Got the google drive up and running. Open the drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dafydd, May 8, 2019.

1. dafydd Win User

Google drive

I have decided to use google drive instead of the Microsoft system
    This what I have done so far. Got the google drive up and running.
    Open the drive then have drag and drop some documents into the drive just for a test run.
    My question is how can I setup the drive to auto update a folder that I have added further documents.How to set this method as a auto backup.
    Thanks very much in advance.
    .*Confused

:)

dafydd, May 8, 2019
  2. 2workit1 Win User

where is google drive?

Downloaded google drive; clicked open in the DL folder; it listed it in the : Programs on this computer. Went to desktop to look for the google drive icon; but it doesn't exist. Went back to the: programs on this computer; list; and now it is not listed
    in the list. Any ideas? Thanks.

2workit1, May 8, 2019
  3. Google Drive

Hi,

Compatibility issues can result to challenges in uploading files to your Google Drive using Internet Explorer 11. In order for us to effectively help you in resolving the concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you tried using other browsers to verify if the same thing occurs?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Feel free to leave any additional information necessary to rectify your issue.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 8, 2019
  4. Google drive

Google Drive backup and sync icon in the taskbar is missing in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern and we truly appreciate time and effort that you have taken to research and work on this issue. However, we would suggest you to try following the steps mentioned below and check if it helps.

1. Navigate to C:\ Program Files (x86)\google\googledrivesync.exe
      OR
    2. Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk (C).
    3. Look for Program Files and open.
    4. Then navigate to Google > Drive.
    5. Double click on the googledrivesync.exe file and check.

If the issue still persists, please refer
    Fix problems syncing to your computer
    and also please post your query in

Google Drive Forum Support
    for better assistance.

Regards,

Manjunath_H, May 8, 2019
Thema:

Google drive

1. Google drive - Similar Threads - Google drive

2. Stopping Google drive launching site at startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stopping Google drive launching site at startup: My son sent me a link to photographs he had loaded on Google Drive - which I have never used myself. I found the photos OK and downloaded the ones I wanted and then deleted the page in my browser, DuckDuckGo. Now, every time I start up the page is loaded again and needs to be...
  3. Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported

in Windows 10 News
    Google Drive also marks Chromium-based Microsoft Edge as unsupported: After Google Meet and Google Doc, Google Drive is also marked as unsupported in Chromium-powered Microsoft Edge. Microsoft Edge uses Chromium that also powers Google Chrome, but due to Google’s whitelisting policy, the new browser has been marked as unsupported. If you...
  4. Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Google Chrome bookmarks to a thumb drive.: I have a crashed Windows 10 HDD that is connected as a slave on a good working PC. I want to transfer my Chrome Bookmarks from my bad HDD to a thumb drive. Thank you in advance for your help. 131252
  5. Google drive plug-in for MS Office?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Google drive plug-in for MS Office?: Hello, I had the google drive plug-in for MS office products like word, excel which allowed me to access my google drive files directly from excel, word etc, edit and save them in Gdrive. There used to be a tab named 'Google Drive' in the tool bar...pls refer...
  6. Google drive plug-in for MS Office?

in Windows 10 Support
    Google drive plug-in for MS Office?: Hello, I had the google drive plug-in for MS office products like word, excel which allowed me to access my google drive files directly from excel, word etc, edit and save them in Gdrive. There used to be a tab named 'Google Drive' in the tool bar...pls refer...
  7. Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive: Hi. I have a lot of photos on my laptop and use Google Drive to back them up, but this means they are saved twice on the laptop - in the original folder and the Google Drive folder using up a lot of space. I'd like to back them up to my PC. How is it best to do this? Can I...
  8. Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Back Up Folders/Files from Laptop to PC and Google Drive: Hi. I have a lot of photos on my laptop. I currently back them up using Google Drive, but it seems that means they are all duplicated on my hard drive using up a lot of space - once in their folder and once in the Google Drive folder. I'm not sure if that's right or I'm using...
  9. Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office

in Windows 10 News
    Drive File Stream to replace Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office: What’s changing We’re updating Drive File Stream to replace the functionality of the “Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office.” As a result, the outdated plugin will be shut down on June 26, 2019. This only impacts users of the Google Drive plug-in for Microsoft Office....
  10. Google One Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google One Drive: My Google One Drive is full at 15GB. It tells me I cannot send or receive email because it is full. How do I move all data from Google One Drive to an external drive? How do I stop Google One Drive from syncing with anything from and to my laptop....