Windows 10: Google email takeover

Discus and support Google email takeover in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I posted a problem and later found that the answer concerns the EBay site. using Windows 10 and Google Chrome email. When opening Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaymondGoehring, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Google email takeover

I posted a problem and later found that the answer concerns the EBay site.

using Windows 10 and Google Chrome email.

When opening Google Chrome email and then using it to open Outlook,

upon trying to return to the Chrome email home page it insisted on

a search page coming from www.smartpackpackagetracker.com that

would not clear unless the whole computer was powered off and restarted

in order to get the Google Chrome email home page again .

In Google, the 3 dots, in Settings, it showed that the "smartpack" was

EBay's colorfully presented recommendation for tracking progress of

an order. In Settings, there was a box near "show home button" to

choose to defeat it. That made it OK again.

(Couldn't find the "smartpack" in search or apps or my computer search)

So, beware of using that emphasized and recommended route for checking

orders.

:)

RaymondGoehring, Nov 5, 2018

2. email

My system is Windows 10, my browser is Google Chrome and my email is Windows live. When I open a hyperlink I get a blank/black page listed as "Untitled". Any suggestions?

HELPlucy2016, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Google Email Scam?

So I received this email from 'Google' it looks and I can't tell if this is legit or not...
    The Google Protection Team? Are you freaking kidding me? lol
    All this seems a bit off to me.

BondExtreme, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Xylee Del Win User

Google email takeover

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

Google email takeover

1. Google email takeover - Similar Threads - Google email takeover

2. Google Email on Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Email on Security: Received this email from Google <*** Email address is removed for privacy ***>Is it real, do I click on the "Take Action" linkChange 1 compromised passwordOne of your passwords was exposed in a non-Google data breach. You should change it now. Any recent password changes may...
  3. Delete current account for new user takeover

Delete current account for new user takeover: Hi everyone, I hope you can help me out. I'm leaving my job and my work computer is going to be taken over by someone else. I don't know that person or his/her email. Question: How can I delete my account, name, password, but leave all files/folders accessible for the...
  4. One Drive Takeover

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive Takeover: Hello, One Drive has totally taken over my laptop. if I unlink or remove one drive in any way my files disappear with it. I would like to keep my One drive totally separate from my pc. no links, no backup. I will save or back up anything that I think needs to be saved. How...
  5. Cursor not showing up in Google email

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor not showing up in Google email: My mouse prompter was working fine on all screens. All of a sudden it stopped appearing in my Google email. I shows on Facebook and Microsoft word. I checked and change my mouse battery - still not no mouse prompter in Google email. Please advise. Thank you...
  6. my room takeover russian

my room takeover russian: THINKfully https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/my-room-takeover-russian/ed05811a-019d-4d21-a15b-34d5d8955344
  7. prevent fake microsoft security browser takeovers

prevent fake microsoft security browser takeovers: I've read lots of posts on how to recover from the fake MS security nuisance. But I have not seen a solution on how to prevent this nuisance from occurring. Suggestions? Thanks. I'm using Win 10 home, version 1903. Also, I use the Edge browser most of the time, but I know...
  8. Google Email Problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Google Email Problem: I have lost emails on Google. I called up ALL emails & noted that from April 14 - May 18, 2019 there were no emails. I do not know how to contact Google for help. Does anyone in Community know how to get support from Google?...
  9. Hostile Takeover WDAGUtilityAccount

Hostile Takeover WDAGUtilityAccount: Has Microsoft become no better then the common hacker, or are they just handing people's systems over to any want-a-be hackers that come along? I am owner and administrator of my system. I disabled and will not allow Windows Defender to run on any system I own. these...
  10. google emails settings re microsoft

in Windows 10 Customization
    google emails settings re microsoft: Keep getting emails from Microsoft ??? It looks like we don't have permission to get emails from your google accounts https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-emails-settings-re-microsoft/0d7f250e-056f-40b5-bff3-6680a9c95def