Windows 10: Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022

Discus and support Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google revealed this week that it decided to extend support for Google Chrome on Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system until at least January 15,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Nov 21, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022

Google revealed this week that it decided to extend support for Google Chrome on Microsoft's Windows 7 operating system until at least January 15, 2022.

Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020 officially for all Home systems while Enterprise and business customers could extend support by up to three years. The organizations and companies had to pay Microsoft for the privilege of receiving up to three years worth of security updates for the operating system.

While Microsoft gave Home users no option to extend the life of the operating system, browser makers and other software companies decided to extend support of their products because large numbers of users were still using devices with Windows 7 when official support ended.

Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022 windows_7_professional.png

Google announced that it would support Windows 7 until at least July 15, 2021 initially. The company revealed that it could extend the period, and that is what it did. The new support end has been moved to January 15, 2022 so that Windows 7 users get an additional six months of Chrome support.

The new end of Chrome support for Windows 7 is still a year short of Microsoft's own maximum end of support for paying customers. Microsoft will provide support until January 2023 for companies and organizations that pay the company for three full years of extended security updates.

Another extension is not out of the question according to Mac Christoff, Chrome Engineering Director; this would depend on a number of factors including the speed of migration and usage numbers. It is therefore at least in theory possible that Chrome will also be supported after January 2022 if the figures justify it.

Google's announcement focuses on Enterprise customers and the challenges that some of these companies faced in 2020. According to Christoff, 21% of organizations are still in the process of migrating devices to Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system, and 1% of Enterprise customers have not even started the process.

Now You: are you still on Windows 7?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022 appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Nov 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 21, 2020
  3. StatCounter Says Chrome 15 is the Most Popular Browser Version, But it Won't Last

Chrome 16 gave a step back in terms of CSS3 support. In this particular case, Chrome 15 was better... damn you Google! *Bang Head :banghead:

enikmaster, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Google extends Chrome support for Windows 7 until January 15, 2022 - Similar Threads - Google extends Chrome

2. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022: When Upgrading using Media Creation Tool I am having problem -Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x2 0000Then I tried to install it with ISO file I download PowerISO for extracting ISO fileBut after the second reboot it is showing the error - "The system registry contains invalid file...
  3. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022: When Upgrading using Media Creation Tool I am having problem -Error code: 0x80072F8F - 0x2 0000Then I tried to install it with ISO file I download PowerISO for extracting ISO fileBut after the second reboot it is showing the error - "The system registry contains invalid file...
  4. UPGRADING WINDOWS 7 TO WINDOWS 10 After 14 January 2022

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Is Google Chrome supported

Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  6. Is Google Chrome supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  7. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  8. Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys

Activate Windows 7 Extended Support licenses MAK Keys: Dears,We facing issue while tying to activate Windows 7 Extended support key. Its showing still Unlicensed and Error Product not found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-7-extended-support-licenses-mak/419fc5c7-8fc5-4bb9-aeb5-5437e799c967
  9. Microsoft to support new Edge browser until July 15, 2021 on Windows 7

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to support new Edge browser until July 15, 2021 on Windows 7: Microsoft released the first stable version of the company's new Chromium-based Microsoft Edge web browser one day after it ended support for its Windows 7 operating system. Support for Windows 7 ended on January 14, 2020 for Home customers. Business and Enterprise customers...
  10. Google Chrome to support HDR videos in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to support HDR videos in Windows 10: Every day, people watch 30,000 years worth of video in Chrome. That’s a lot of video! Watch time grew significantly over the last year—not only because of viral YouTube hits, but also because of the creation of new video experiences around the world. For example, Jio...