Windows 10: Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster

Discus and support Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Researchers will this week demonstrate a newly-refined data-transmission technique that can deliver one terabit per second (Tbps) over an optical... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster

Read more: Think Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster | ZDNet

:)

Brink, Sep 15, 2016

2. Ethernet speed problem

Computer is a Lenovo P70 running Windows 10 connected through an Ethernet cable to a 1Gbps Google Fiber Network box.

When computer is reboot, SpeedTest.net reports > 900Mbps. After a few minutes, the speed begins to drop. It drops to as low as 30Mbps before I give up watching it. Performance monitor shows that the Ethernet, memory, and cpu are at idle. Ping responses
    are nominal. Websites are accessible through browser (Chrome or IE).

A Dell Latitude E5550 running Windows 7 and the Google Fiber Tech's Apple laptop computer connected simultaneously did not experience this slowdown.

Any ideas as to what is going on? Any ideas as to how to fix it? Any ideas as to how to troubleshoot it?

Thanks!

Cantankerous1, Sep 15, 2016
  3. 'Mike P Win User
    Google Fiber Internet Problem

Might type Date and Time into the Cortana search box & make sure times and time zones and dates are correct and also maybe check and set 'Region' correctly in settings.

'Mike P, Sep 15, 2016
Thema:

Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster

1. Google Fiber's fast? Nokia to show off tech that's 1,000 times faster - Similar Threads - Google Fiber's fast

2. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off: This problem arose after I took out the CMOS Battery for a minute and put it back in as instructed to fix a past error. I have already reseated the RAM, taken out 1 then the other, unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back in, and reset the CMOS using the button various...
  3. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off: This problem arose after I took out the CMOS Battery for a minute and put it back in as instructed to fix a past error. I have already reseated the RAM, taken out 1 then the other, unplugged the hard drive and plugged it back in, and reset the CMOS using the button various...
  4. Computer Beeps 1 Time and Turns Off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    laplink - with fiber optic usb 3 SHARE FILES FAST ?: So I am thinking on taking this cable : a driverless usb 3 [ATTACH] and then getting this : USB 3.0 Fiber Optic Cable 95ft, CableCreation Active USB 3.0 A-Male to A-Female Extension Cord with Micro USB Power Supply Port, High Speed 5Gbps, Zinc... Size:95ft [ATTACH] That...
  6. Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber

Windows 10 internet issues with google fiber: I recently bought a hp Pavilion x360 about a month ago. Everything has been working fine accept my laptop has issues with google fiber at my apartment. But the weird thing is that when i go to my family's home and use their google fiber WiFi, it works great. My apartment WiFi...
  7. Windows time "goes faster" when laptop off while BIOS time is correct.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows time "goes faster" when laptop off while BIOS time is correct.: I am dealing with an absolutely ridiculous problem so please bear with me. I have a new laptop on which I run Windows 10 Pro 1909. I also immediately set up dual boot with a Linux Mint distro. The time on the Windows OS has been wrong after a restart unless time sync is on....
  8. Refund for 1 year of tech support

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Refund for 1 year of tech support: My bank account shows a $134 charge from MSBILL.INFO for a year of tech support I didn't intend. I do not need this support and want a refund. I have completed the steps for cancelling reoccurring billing on this but it appears the support will continue until about a year...
  9. Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time

Fiber speed internet, same Pageload time: Strange to me that after upgrading to a blistering fast fiber line with ATT , with tested download speeds around 150mbps, the actual time a page loads is STILL as slow as it was before I upgraded (and am paying more for) faster internet....I've double checked settings in my...
  10. Boot time faster?

in Windows 10 Support
    Boot time faster?: Hi there, a question to all the testers out there: Are boot times of Win 10 installed on an SSD faster than on 8.1? With and without fast startup....?! Thanx for anwering 1989