Windows 10: google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar

Discus and support google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Regular websites in browser are not in black but as they should be. I don't recall chagning any light/contrast settings. When i turned on laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by paulaE., Dec 28, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar

Regular websites in browser are not in black but as they should be.

I don't recall chagning any light/contrast settings.

When i turned on laptop today it was like this? Desktop is normal. I just picked ethat in case it is personalization.

What should I check? Thanks

:)

paulaE., Dec 28, 2020

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Dec 28, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 28, 2020
  4. google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar

Search bar appears as a black box

After I power on my laptop and log in, I would normally use the search function to pull up Steam or Instagram. Though recently I've noticed that when I type anything into the search bar, the box above it which should display the results is a black box. It
    does not show any results and will not load with any given time frame. I've done the following to attempt to fix it:

- Disable Bing and Cortana in the System Registry and restarting my computer.

- Ended the search tasks via Task Manager and restarting my computer.

- Used PowerShell in an attempt to fix the problem, following the appropriate steps, and restarting my computer.

- Running the troubleshooter, regularly and as administrator, yielding no results.

As far as I know those are all of the changes I've made; nothing more, nothing less. If there's a solution to this you will have my blessing. Thank you!

Vincent_DelCotto, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar

1. google home screen is all in black as in url search box as are all the thumbnails and task bar - Similar Threads - google home screen

2. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  3. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently: My browser search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently and prevents me from accessing information or logging in to anything. I have replaced the keyboard twice and performed a clean reboot, There seems to be very little information about this, can anyone...
  4. search bar and all search boxes fill up with # intermittently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Search box doesnt search at all

Search box doesnt search at all: My search box dont search anymore. I dont know when it happen since im just using this computer for 2 days after vacation. The search is not functioning at all. you can type and search but no results. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version maybe that will help....
  6. Search box doesnt search at all

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search box doesnt search at all: My search box dont search anymore. I dont know when it happen since im just using this computer for 2 days after vacation. The search is not functioning at all. you can type and search but no results. I have Windows 10 Pro 21H1 version maybe that will help....
  7. Search Box in Task bar not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  8. Search Box in Task bar not working.

Search Box in Task bar not working.: The Search box in my Task Bar suddenly stopped working. It won't let me type anything. does not even show the curser. I tried restarting and it still does not work. I am running Windows 10. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated....
  9. Search Box in Task bar not working.

10. search box on task bar

search box on task bar: i have no search box on my taskbar and no "show hidden taskbar button" when i right click on the taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-on-task-bar/25f599a6-b4b1-4f2c-b981-a63516008d53