Windows 10: Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline

Discus and support Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In January 2020, we announced that we are expanding our phased approach for ending the support of Chrome Apps. That announcement was made due to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 10, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline

Source: Chromium Blog: Changes to the Chrome App Support Timeline

:)

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps

Source: Chromium Blog: Moving Forward from Chrome Apps

Brink, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline

1. Google making changes to the Chrome app support timeline - Similar Threads - Google making changes

2. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  3. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  4. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Is Google Chrome supported

Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  6. Is Google Chrome supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  7. Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces timeline for phasing out support for Chrome Apps: The web platform has made substantial progress since the launch of Chrome Apps in 2013. As community members, we continue to work with other browsers and invest to bring rich new capabilities to the platform, as seen in the announcements made at the Chrome Developer Summit...
  8. How to make Google Chrome automatically run

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to make Google Chrome automatically run: I set that Google Chrome starts running at the particular time while my computer is in the sleep mode. It works fine but my display doesn’t turn on when Chrome starts running. So I need to touch the Touchpad. Can I adjust settings or something else so that Google Chrome...
  9. Google Chrome in Xbox app.

Google Chrome in Xbox app.: Hi. I have Google Chrome installed on my PC. I accidentally set it to recognize as a game. Now, I un-ticked the "remember as game" (or something like that), and I even tried right clicking on it in the Xbox App and hitting, "remove from my games". But that button literally...
  10. Change Theme in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Theme in Google Chrome: How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome...