Windows 10: Google making visual content more useful in Search

Discus and support Google making visual content more useful in Search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When Search first began, our results were just plain text. But on February 24, 2000, something changed. It was the day after the Grammy Awards, and we... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Google making visual content more useful in Search

Source: Making visual content more useful in Search

:)

Brink, Sep 24, 2018
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Search Content of MHT files

Hi David,

Most probably, this is a problem with the search and indexing of your Windows 10 computer. For us to provide the best resolution possible, we would like to clarify the following:

• Are you trying to search the content of MHT files using Cortana?
    • Have you tried searching it using the File Explorer?
    • Are you using a third-party app to search for the content of MHT files?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for search and indexing. To run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Click the Start button and select the Settings
      icon.
    • Choose Update & Security from the list.
    • Click Troubleshoot in the left pane of the window.
    • Under Find and fix other problems.
    • Select Search and Indexing and click Run the troubleshooter.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Gerard Qui, Sep 24, 2018
  4. Google making visual content more useful in Search

Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Google making visual content more useful in Search

1. Google making visual content more useful in Search - Similar Threads - Google making visual

2. How to make the search bar use Google?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to make the search bar use Google?: How do i use google for both image and text search? I already have google Chrome as the default browser but it keeps using bing on edge, setting google to default engine on edge doesn't work I'm fine with using edge but is there a way to use google for the search bar? If...
  3. Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure

in Windows 10 News
    Google making Chrome extensions more private and secure: [ATTACH] Every day 4 million Chrome extensions are downloaded, and with more than 250,000 extensions and themes available on the Chrome Web Store, no two Chrome browsers are alike. From productivity and learning tools to entertainment and shopping, extensions on Chrome open...
  4. Stop Google Search use Google Account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stop Google Search use Google Account: How do I stop Google opening with Gmail when I don't use it any longer? [Original Title: gmail] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/stop-google-search-use-google-account/fffb9249-827a-4a62-a089-e86b12c9b5dd"
  5. New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    New algorithm for more useful featured snippets in Google Search: Sometimes when you use Google, you’re seeking information when timeliness matters, even if your query doesn’t spell that out. For example, when you search for something like “income brackets,” it’s likely that you’re looking for this year’s tax information, not last year’s....
  6. How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to make Cortana search in Google then Bing: Hello, I would like to know how to make Cortana search in Google rather then Bing. I have changed the default browser to Firefox. Used the EdgeDeflector program to use Firefox instead of Edge. Added Google to Bing Firefox addon. If I make a search via Cortana and I...
  7. Make Google Default Search in IE??

in Browsers and Email
    Make Google Default Search in IE??: I've been trying to figure out how to add google search to IE and make it my default search engine. When I go to the add on gallery here: http://www.iegallery.com/en-us/addon...&featuretype=2 and click google, then add to IE, nothing happens. I just found this...
  8. Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Easy way to make Cortana use Google for (Chrome) browser searches: If like me, you prefer to use Google for searching (and if your default browser is Chrome), there are a couple of extensions that will redirect Cortana's Bing search to Google. Seems to work well so far. The one I've tried is called "Bing2Google." I would assume there...
  9. windows search not able to search content of pdf when search more

in Windows 10 Support
    windows search not able to search content of pdf when search more: Windows search is not able to search the content of pdf files when searching more than 4 digit number. I have pdf files in a folder when I try to search a content eg 7349, it shows the files which are having this number but if I increase the digits to one more e.g 73495, the...
  10. Google making search results more local and relevant

in Windows 10 News
    Google making search results more local and relevant: When you’re searching on Google, we aim to provide the most useful results for your query. Today, around one in five searches on Google is related to location, so providing locally relevant search results is an essential part of serving you the most accurate information....