Windows 10: Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes

Discus and support Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have this peculiar problem: When i use Google Maps in my browser, i can click around, search and zoom but after a few minutes Google Maps becomes... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Damun, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Damun Win User

Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes

I have this peculiar problem:

When i use Google Maps in my browser, i can click around, search and zoom but after a few minutes Google Maps becomes unresponsive and just "hangs". The browser tab indicates that the page is loading. Sometimes the problem goes away after a few minutes, but in most cases i am forced to close the tab (or even the browser). If i then quickly open up a new tab and go to google maps it takes a while to load, and then i can use it for a few minutes and so on.
    If i just open google maps without having it opened before in the current browser session, it loads instantly and i can use it for a few minutes, and then it hangs.

- It only happens with google maps.
    - It happens with all my browsers: Firefox (standard), Chrome and Edge.
    - It only happens on my PC, the other computers in our household does not have this problem (note: my pc is the only one connected by cable to a switch and then to the router, the others are on WiFi).
    - Cleaning cookies, history and cache does not prevent/solve the problem.
    - Everything is updated (and this problem was also there in v. 1909, so it's not a 2004 problem).

My sons PC has a similar configuration to mine: Same motherboard, same processor, same antivirus/internet security, same Windows, but different RAM and different graphics card, and he uses a WiFi USB dongle.
    My ISP recently exchanged my router (the old one just stopped working), but i had this problem on the old router too, so it does not seem to be router-related.

Any suggestions or ideas to how i can troubleshoot this?

:)

Damun, Aug 13, 2020

2. Google maps isn't working in symbian belle

For those who have updated to Belle FP1, is Google Map working for you? If not, have you tried a full reset? Settings > Phone Management > Factory Settings > Delete data and restore. This worked for me before FP1, nothing else worked. I have not updated
    to FP1.

Quick steps:

• Backup phone if needed
    • Uninstall Google Map
    • Full reset
    • Resinstall Google Maps from m.google.com
    • Keep Wifi & Data on
    • Launch Google Map
    • Worked for me before FP1. Don't know about FP1.

xyn19---01, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Debz Lee Win User
    google maps accelerator in IE 11

I was unable to add Google Maps as an add-on using the method you described. I got an error box saying the add-on could not be installed for a variety of listed reasons with the suggestion to try again later. This is beyond frustrating.

Debz Lee, Aug 13, 2020
  4. NeilT999 Win User

search defaulting to Google maps

If I type anything on the search bar, it seems to add - 'Google maps search' to the end of everything.

For instance if I type:-

abc

the underlying suggestion shows

abc - Google Maps Search

and dumps me into Google Maps.

If anyone has any suggestion on how to get rid of this Google Maps default it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks Neil T

NeilT999, Aug 13, 2020
Thema:

1. Google Maps becomes unresponsive after a few minutes - Similar Threads - Google Maps becomes

2. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  3. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot: Whenever I boot my pc, after a few seconds, the entire start menu stops working, alt tab and win tab stops working and i cannot interact or open any applications or programs, and the only way to fix this is by restarting the pc, but again, this just works for a few seconds...
  4. PC becomes partially unresponsive few seconds after boot

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.: HiMy config is:i9 9900K GPU GTX 1650 32GB RAM Motherboard GL10CS PSU-500W Windows 11.My system recently started this new issue in which system hangs unresponsive and black screen appears and after few minutes it restarts itself.This happens when I play games like EAFC24,...
  6. System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.

System is freezing unresponsive and restarts after few minutes while playing games.: HiMy config is:i9 9900K GPU GTX 1650 32GB RAM Motherboard GL10CS PSU-500W Windows 11.My system recently started this new issue in which system hangs unresponsive and black screen appears and after few minutes it restarts itself.This happens when I play games like EAFC24,...
  7. Workstation becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Workstation becomes unresponsive: Hello Everyone,So we have a workstation that now from time to time without faile becomes unresponisive, the full deal:Black screen, no pining, SNMP down and not a single input working.It is still running, and after a restart if works again for some time.After scouring the...
  8. Computer becoming unresponsive

Computer becoming unresponsive: So, a couple of days ago my computer started to wig out a bit. Whenever I were to use my computer the windows and clicking the windows will become unresponsive, as well as the hot bar. I have tried troubleshooting myself, restarting it, checking for viruses or errors and...
  9. Applications becoming unresponsive

Applications becoming unresponsive: I purchased a Dell i7-Gen 8 laptop over a year ago and moved my applications from my old laptop, including two database applications: Family Tree Maker 2019 and Microsoft Money 2007. Both programs worked flawlessly until an update in early September 2020. Since then, I am...
  10. Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 randomly becomes completely unresponsive for a couple of minutes: Hello! I have had this problem for a couple of days where my system suddenly becomes completely unresponsive for 1-2 minutes. I have only noticed it happening when opening a new tab in Google Chrome. What happens is that the page I open doesn't load (loading thingy just...