Windows 10: Google Maps is black screen on Map or Satellite Setting Since upgrade

Discus and support Google Maps is black screen on Map or Satellite Setting Since upgrade in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I open Google Maps, I get the street view photos at the bottom of the screen, but the map itself is a black screen in both street map and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by therealsimpsons, Aug 12, 2015.

1. Google Maps is black screen on Map or Satellite Setting Since upgrade

When I open Google Maps, I get the street view photos at the bottom of the screen, but the map itself is a black screen in both street map and satellite settings. *cry

Any ideas?

Thank you,

TRS

Edit: Latest Win10 64 drivers are installed; Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ti

:)

therealsimpsons, Aug 12, 2015
  2. simond3 Win User

Nokia Maps and Google Maps side by side?

I have just got an N82 Black and have had :

Nokia Maps

Google Maps

Geocache Navigator

All open at the same time and they all work seamlessly.

Use Geocache Navigator to find the geocache and its details.

Google Maps set to satellite view to seek signs of trails and landmarks (trees, river etc) to assist in locating myself and direction finding.

Nokia Maps to assist with streets and roads to save having the hybrid map set in Google Maps (covers too many features in the satellite image.

Hope this helps.

simond3, Aug 12, 2015
  3. Nikitas10 Win User
    N86 8MP Ovi Maps and GPS not working

I’ve been happily using my N86 8MP since September. The GPS was working fine and the Maps application was quite handy. Then, as suggested I’ve upgraded to the latest OVI Maps and the GPS stopped working. The Maps application loads fine, but I cannot seem
    to see any satellites to get a location. I know it is not a hardware issue since Google Maps installed works perfectly.Is this something that will be fixed with the next software upgrade? It’s been like that for almost a month!

Nikitas10, Aug 12, 2015
  4. elbmek Win User

Google Maps is black screen on Map or Satellite Setting Since upgrade

Exactly the same with me, all other online maps work fine. I posted this 2 days ago and no takers. You have same card as me too!!

elbmek, Aug 12, 2015
  5. Upgraded to Win10 last night and today noticed the same problem. I have an nVidia GTX 560 Ti. Also upgraded to latest drivers with no fix.

Two fixes / workarounds I found:

As a workaround, the map worked fine in lite mode ... full mode gave the black screen after about 5 seconds.

The full fix I uninstalled the nVidia 3D vision drivers from my system as I don't do 3D. Now Google Maps work in full mode.

If you need the 3D drivers, I did note it put addins into Firefox (which is what prompted me to remove the drivers) ... you may be able to just disable those addins.

SomeBrokeDude, Aug 13, 2015
  6. SBD,

Disabled the 3D plugin on Firefox and voila! All is good. Thank you.

therealsimpsons, Aug 13, 2015
  7. elbmek Win User
    Mine is working now after installing Nvidia drivers for 10

elbmek, Aug 13, 2015
  8. maranna Win User

My black screen is on my galaxy s5 not a computer

maranna, Feb 6, 2016
  9. elbmek Win User
    I have S5 but have observed no problems there (yet!!)

elbmek, Feb 8, 2016
  10. maranna Win User
    The problem is fixed on my phone. It lasted a day

maranna, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Google Maps is black screen on Map or Satellite Setting Since upgrade - Similar Threads - Google Maps black

2. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  3. Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error Loading Maps in Google Maps, Petal Maps and All Logo Maps: Zr5fd5iuiyhr5fdi7yhu45feeih7iyt34fie https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-loading-maps-in-google-maps-petal-maps-and/40b21d8c-409d-4b96-a0f2-d0b5dd926086
  4. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  5. Google maps and weather maps display black screen

Google maps and weather maps display black screen: This morning, these and other apps involving maps now show instead a black/blank area. This is on Windows 11 Home, an HP AIO PC using Intel UHD Graphics 770.Any ideas on what's going on here?...
  6. Black screen, mapping table

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black screen, mapping table: Hello, today I turn on my pc and, instead of the home screen, my pc showed me a black screen, on it it is written "running mode 1.1.2" and "mapping table" like in the photo. I really need some help because I honestly don't know how to reapair this. Thank you in advance.[IMG]...
  7. Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers: hi guys, i cant get Google Maps Satellite view to render properly. i have tried different browsers but they all show poor rendering - as per the attached screen print. street view is okay, just not satellite view. i have also provided my PCs specs for your perusal. thanks...
  8. Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers

in Windows 10 Support
    Poor Rendering in Google Maps - Satellite view in all browsers: hi guys, i cant get Google Maps Satellite view to render properly. i have tried different browsers but they all show poor rendering - as per the attached screen print. street view is okay, just not satellite view. i have also provided my PCs specs for your perusal. thanks...
  9. Google Maps on PC

Google Maps on PC: Everytime I do a google search for a business/resturants in my chrome browser and I open them in google maps the site shows the content for a short period and then the content goes blank... What's the solution? Carol...
  10. Google Maps

Google Maps: Trying to use google maps and map details are 'blacking out' - the screen is still on as are some buttons but the map vanishes. Is this happening to anyone else. 15576

Users found this page by searching for:

1. google maps satellite is black