Windows 10: Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10

Discus and support Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are trying to access the microphone in Google Meet, but it is […] This article Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10 first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Nov 11, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10

WinClub, Nov 11, 2020

2. Google Meet is automatically adjusting my microphone volume in Windows 10. I'd like it to stop.

I use Google Meet for work. There's no getting around this, as my company uses it for every meeting. However, I've had issues where my microphone volume will go silent or peak at 100 seemingly randomly during
    meetings. I went to check my settings in Windows and sure enough the microphone's volume slider was at 0 or 100. Out of curiosity, I left the Microphone Properties window open during a Google Meet meeting and I could see the volume slider move as
    I spoke.

Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10 058e7f2a-fffc-4c01-aeef-d776f5a015b9?upload=true.png

• There is no setting on Google Meet to disable automatic gain.
    • I've unchecked "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" under the Advanced tab in Windows.
    • I've updated my microphone's drivers.
    • I've uninstalled and reinstalled the microphone in the Device Manager.
    • I used my Logitech webcam's microphone to see if I had the same issue there (I did).
    • I used Google Meet in Opera, Firefox, and Edge to see if it was a Google Chrome issue (it isn't; the issue happened on each browser, for both mics).
    • I installed a script using nircmd to set the microphone volume to 50 every second, which is a band-aid fix for the slider moving around, but...

Now I have issues where my microphone volume will drop to a very low volume, and turning the volume slider to 100 doesn't fix it. In fact, nothing resets it except doing a system restore. But a system restore doesn't prevent these issues from happening again.
    I'm guessing adjusting the volume slider at the same time Google Meet adjusts the volume causes an issue, but this is just a guess.

I really need help. I'm stuck using Google Meet, and I'd prefer to continue using this Windows 10 machine as it makes life easier (minus this specific issue). Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

Here are some general specs:

• Windows 10 Home 64-bit
    • AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
    • 32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
    • Micro-Star International Co. Ltd X370 GAMING PRO CARBON (MS-7A32) (AM4)
    • 3071MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti (MSI)

Recording Device:

• Microphone (Scarlett Solo USB)
    • Device Name: USB Audio 2.0
    • Vendor: Risq Modular Systems
    • Comment: Scarlett Solo USB
    • Driver: Date 6-20-2019, Version 10.0.18362.207
    • Physical Microphone: Audio Technica AT2035

Dingdingler, Nov 11, 2020
  3. ReedC42 Win User
    Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc

My microphone is working properly, I have gone through all of the steps recommended by all of the apps and articles online. Multiple times.

The microphone will work for 2 or 3 seconds and then stop working in both zoom and google hangouts. I used zoom several times earlier this week without any issue. I didn't change any settings. Just. stopped. working.

ReedC42, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10

1. Google Meet microphone not working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google Meet microphone

2. Google chrome microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google chrome microphone not working: My windows test mic works perfectly fine, but anytime I go on google chrome or any other browser and use their web microphone it does not work, it seems to work when I actually have the app installed. I have audio interface that I use PLEASE HELP ME...
  3. Google meets not working with surface pro8 and windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google meets not working with surface pro8 and windows 10: I have a surface pro 8 using windows 10. I can use teams and zoom, but google meets does not work. When I click the meeting link I get to the page where it says getting ready, and the waiting "wheel" just turns, where normally the camera is turned on or there is a pop up...
  4. Google meets not working with surface pro8 and windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google meets not working with surface pro8 and windows 10: I have a surface pro 8 using windows 10. I can use teams and zoom, but google meets does not work. When I click the meeting link I get to the page where it says getting ready, and the waiting "wheel" just turns, where normally the camera is turned on or there is a pop up...
  5. Google meets not working with surface pro8 and windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Google meet is not working properly

Google meet is not working properly: Hi,Hi I am not able to connect with the google meet, i have tried all the possible troubleshooting which is advice by people, now i have been asked that it might be because of windows 10. please tell me best possible way to trouble shoot.other person is not able to see me,...
  7. Google Meet camera failed or not working in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Meet camera failed or not working in Windows 10: Google Meet is one of the popular video conferencing software in the market. It has a simple and intuitive UI, Google’s support, and most importantly it is free. However, many Windows 10 users have reported that they are not able to access the camera when using Google Meet....
  8. AN-VC550 webcam not working in google meet.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AN-VC550 webcam not working in google meet.: Hello, This camera is really weird. I can run it on my main pc in camera app, can run it in microsoft edge google meet, but cant in either firefox and mozilla. Same on other pc that is windows 10. Hope you can help me to troubleshoot this. My windows version is - 20H2...
  9. Microphone not working with web meetings

Microphone not working with web meetings: My micophone is working but when I try to log into web based meetings...the microphone does not work. ie Webex, gotomeeting? I've looked at my privacy settings with the app as well as the computer and that does not seem to fix the problem. Please Help! Thanks!...
  10. Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone not working with meeting apps, zoom and google hangouts etc: My microphone is working properly, I have gone through all of the steps recommended by all of the apps and articles online. Multiple times. The microphone will work for 2 or 3 seconds and then stop working in both zoom and google hangouts. I used zoom several times earlier...