Windows 10: Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping

Discus and support Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Web giants are collaborating to fix some of the problems that expose STARTTLS to attacks that downgrade encrypted connections to insecure ones.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping

Read more: Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping by fixing these encryption flaws | ZDNet

Brink, Mar 20, 2016
  2. davidhk Win User

Great to know there is some sort of cooperation among competitors.

:)

davidhk, Mar 20, 2016
  3. Create a Microsoft Account with a Private Domain

Background

When you have an existing domain such as www.myprivatedomain.com with existing email accounts using Google apps for business, and you purchase a surface pro for work purposes, you want to be able to sign in using the Microsoft id not a local account. usually,
    we go to account.live.com and create a new Microsoft account using an existing email ie: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***... Microsoft emails a verification code, and BAM, a new Microsoft ID is created which you can use for onedrive, onenote, office 365 etc.

The Problem

Microsoft just set out a policy where you need a gmail, yahoo, hotmail or outlook email to create a Microsoft account. When you try using your own email address it says "You cannot create a Microsoft Account using this email, please try again with a gmail,
    yahoo or outlook.com email address"

In my case, the domain is a godaddy domain, and the email is through Google Apps for business. We are NOT using azure but we do want to use 365 for office. We are paying for 365 accounts using the aforementioned google app email users and have never had
    any issues using a google app managed email account as a Microsoft Account.

Question

How can I create a microsoft account using a private domain

AndroidMids, Mar 20, 2016
  4. Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping

Sync E51 with Yahoo Calendar

Yahoo Go! used to do this but this has been dropped from the new 'Improved' Yahoo Go 3.

All I can suggest is you move to Google Calendar and use the GooSync mobile utility. The limitation with this is that it doesn't sync automatically, but at least does work over the air using any mobile data connection. Google's web calender app is much better
    than Yahoo's with click and drag to create or change events.

Other than that, just hope that someone out there develops a Yahoo to Nokia sync application. Maybe Yahoo will reintroduce calendar syncing when they realise that we want this. I've just migrated my calendar and email from Yahoo to GMail, just so I can get
    an integrated Calender, Email and Contacts.

I won't be renewing my paid-for Yahoo Plus email account so maybe they'll get the message when it costs them.

chrispulfree, Mar 20, 2016
Thema:

Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping

1. Google, Microsoft, Yahoo: We want to stop email snooping - Similar Threads - Google Microsoft Yahoo

2. Yahoo email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Yahoo email: I would like to have two yahoo emails listed in one browser, so I can switch back and forth between the two, but when I add a second one, the first one disappears. I'm told both can be listed and I can do what I want to do, but I'm not able to have more than one email at a...
  3. Yahoo email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Yahoo email: I would like to have two yahoo emails listed in one browser, so I can switch back and forth between the two, but when I add a second one, the first one disappears. I'm told both can be listed and I can do what I want to do, but I'm not able to have more than one email at a...
  4. Yahoo email

Yahoo email: email to sync I'm changing from desktop to laptop and can't get my Yahoo Help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-email/e19647c2-6d7f-42a9-be48-d04ffeb05f9b
  5. yahoo email

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    yahoo email: When I open my yahoo email there is a yellow strip at the top saying my account is out of date and two options "Fix Account" or "Dismiss." I've updated my windows 10 as it said it was out of date but that did not help. I changed my password and PIN and no help either. This...
  6. Google and Yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google and Yahoo: So I'm searching something like what is 2+2 on Google and while it is loading and the search at the top says coolnewtabtheme and then goes straight too Yahoo here is the link what can I do to fix it here's the...
  7. Yahoo email

Yahoo email: I have been unable to load my yahoo emails. Spoken to the tech guys who say I need to get an app password. I have seen that this is generated via the security on yahoo. Problem is on my system it doesn't allow this. Please any suggestions cheers...
  8. YAHOO EMAIL

YAHOO EMAIL: THERE IS NO EMAIL PROGRAM https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-email/b2c12adc-7a65-442c-acb0-e8b66caec94f
  9. Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo email: Hi When I open yahoo email. I keep getting a pop up saying the browser is not supportive from 31st January The pop up only offers Firefox & Chrome. I'm using and prefer IE as I find this simple enough for me Is it possible I can get yahoo email to work with IE without...
  10. Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email

in Browsers and Email
    Yahoo Mess. and Yahoo email: I have lost both of these. I have chatted with them and they say its good to computer and they have giving me a new code and also a temp password but it still come with error that says no internet connection or when I put in temp password it says they don't match (password...