Windows 10: Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85

Discus and support Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has tried on and off for years to hide full URLs in Chrome's address bar, because apparently long web addresses are scary and evil. Despite the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85

Source: Google resumes its senseless attack on the URL bar, hides full addresses on Chrome 85

:)

Brink, Jun 14, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 14, 2020
  3. mlupple Win User
    Google Plans a Web-browser, To be called Google Chrome

Firefox 2's built in address bar suggestion is an exact rip-off of google desktop search.

mlupple, Jun 14, 2020
  4. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Jun 14, 2020
Thema:

1. Google now hiding full addresses in the URL bar in Chrome 85 - Similar Threads - Google hiding full

2. Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 90 will default to HTTPS for incomplete URLs: Starting in version 90, Chrome’s address bar will use https:// by default, improving privacy and even loading speed for users visiting websites that support HTTPS. Chrome users who navigate to websites by manually typing a URL often don’t include...
  3. Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome's Homepage centrally located search bar is gone. Only URL is there.: The Google search bar has disappeared when I click on my Google Chrome desktop icon. The URL bar is still there at the top but only that. Also in the top right corner was 1 click access to my Gmail account. That too has gone. Does anyone know how I can restore that...
  4. Google Chrome full screen goes out?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Google Chrome full screen goes out?: Hi I have a problem; whenever I go to Google Chrome and put a YouTube video or Netflix movie in full screen mode and then quit, the full screen is off and the taskbar is over it. How can I fix this? Photo: [ATTACH]...
  5. Menu/Tool bar on Google Chrome

Menu/Tool bar on Google Chrome: I had the tool bar," file, print, edit, view, ect." on Google Chrome, now it's gone. How do I retrieve? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/menutool-bar-on-google-chrome/1b69f504-3cb3-4175-9d31-d5860dbfd5b9
  6. After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw...

After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw...: After clicking Google Chrome short cut, and typing URL on address bar, I get message Aw snap. What could be the solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-clicking-google-chrome-short-cut-and-typing/28e37dc0-7579-4f90-950a-e0b33ec2522d
  7. Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge: Paste URL into address bar: Been using browsers since 1994's Netscape and never thought I would be asking such a question *Biggrin But... I am unable to paste a URL into the Microsoft Edge address bar. It appears the issue goes back > 4 years; and although I have searched extensively for a solution,...
  8. Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Nasty URL bug brings Google Chrome to a screeching halt: If you use Google Chrome, you’ll want to watch out for this bug: According to VentureBeat, a specific character string of text could bring your browser crashing to the ground. According to VentureBeat, merely appending “%%30%30” to the end of a URL will cause Chrome to...
  9. Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome: How to: Hide or Show WWW Subdomains of URLs in Address Bar of Google Chrome Hide or Show Scheme and WWW Subdomains of URLs in Google Chrome Address Bar Starting with Google Chrome 69, Google has decided to hide the scheme (ex: "HTTPS:") and trivial subdomains (ex" "WWW"...
  10. Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Cast is now built-in to Chrome: Two years ago we launched Google Cast, an extension for Chrome that allowed you to show content from your favorite websites on the best screen in your home — your TV — using Chromecast. Whether watching your favorite show on Netflix, or sharing a photo slideshow at a family...