Windows 10: Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API

Discus and support Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Many software projects process data which is externally generated, and thus potentially untrusted. For example, this could be the conversion of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API

Read more: Google Online Security Blog: Open-sourcing Sandboxed API

:)

Brink, Mar 20, 2019

2. open source software

ok guys i seriously need some help on this one. *Eek! Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API :eek: at school i took a programing class with having no previous programming knowledge. any ways the teacher told us to pick a open source program and make a presentation about it.*Mad Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API :mad:

i have no idea about any programs besides Mozilla, and limewire.
    i tried googleing but not many useful results.

can you help make a list of popular open source programs?*Smile Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API :)

thanks guys.

i nEeD HeLp, Mar 20, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    HP to Contribute webOS to Open Source

HP today announced it will contribute the webOS software to the open source community. HP plans to continue to be active in the development and support of webOS. By combining the innovative webOS platform with the development power of the open source community, there is the opportunity to significantly improve applications and web services for the next generation of devices.

webOS offers a number of benefits to the entire ecosystem of web applications. For developers, applications can be easily built using standard web technologies. In addition, its single integrated stack offers multiplatform portability. For device manufacturers, it provides a single web-centric platform to run across multiple devices. As a result, the end user benefits from a fast, immersive user experience.

“webOS is the only platform designed from the ground up to be mobile, cloud-connected and scalable,” said Meg Whitman, HP president and chief executive officer. “By contributing this innovation, HP unleashes the creativity of the open source community to advance a new generation of applications and devices.”

HP will make the underlying code of webOS available under an open source license. Developers, partners, HP engineers and other hardware manufacturers can deliver ongoing enhancements and new versions into the marketplace.

HP will engage the open source community to help define the charter of the open source project under a set of operating principles:
    • The goal of the project is to accelerate the open development of the webOS platform
    • HP will be an active participant and investor in the project
    • Good, transparent and inclusive governance to avoid fragmentation
    • Software will be provided as a pure open source project
    HP also will contribute ENYO, the application framework for webOS, to the community in the near future along with a plan for the remaining components of the user space.

Beginning today, developers and customers are invited to provide input and suggestions here.

btarunr, Mar 20, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code

Source: How to create accessible apps and immersive game experiences with new eye tracking APIs - Windows Developer Blog

Brink, Mar 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Open-sourcing Sandboxed API - Similar Threads - Google Open sourcing

2. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  3. WinAppDriver open source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WinAppDriver open source: For test automation of Windows applications, there is only one option as far as I know: WinAppDriver. This component is however severely lacking support from Microsoft. Would it be possible to open source WinAppDriver? That would immediately revive it and probably solve many...
  4. Kaizala Open source

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  5. Kaizala Open source

Kaizala Open source: Is Kaizala open source and why not? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kaizala-open-source/a5517f8e-2d13-4745-a5ed-a6e21dc56475
  6. Google API subtitle translator

Google API subtitle translator: Hi folks anybody tried this yet ---- Machine translations seem to be getting better as the A.I improves -- probably a lot easier to do a machine rough translate and then fix manually than try the whole thing. The only problem seems to be that it's an "online" translate--...
  7. Open Source Project

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Open Source Project: Hello ! I have created a new file format with compressed animation. This is an Open Source project. I have an editor and viewer written. I have an Open Source certificate. Can I put my editor and viewer in the MicroSoft Store ? Of course for free ;-...
  8. New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API

in Windows 10 News
    New policies for Google Chrome extensions and Google Drive API: Third-party apps and websites create services that millions of people use to get things done and customize their online experience. To make this ecosystem successful, people need to be confident their data is secure, and developers need clear rules of the road. That’s why...
  9. Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing Windows eye tracking APIs and open-source code: Last year in the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update, we introduced Eye Control, an experience that allows customers to control Windows using only their eyes. We continue to design with individuals like Steve Gleason in mind, and always challenge ourselves to build products that...
  10. Windows App Studio new REST API Data Source

in Windows 10 News
    Windows App Studio new REST API Data Source: There are two things we love most here on the Windows App Studio team: First, we love adding new features that increase the capabilities of the apps you can create. Second, we love when we can deliver on your requests. With that in mind, we’re quite excited about today’s...