Windows 10: Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

Discus and support Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello recently my pc has been having this problem where any program the mouse cursor is on takes tons of CPU usage, making the pc very unusable. the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jason Road, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

Hello recently my pc has been having this problem where any program the mouse cursor is on takes tons of CPU usage, making the pc very unusable. the programs are also using higher cpu usage than normal, how do we fix this this problem came out of no where please help!

specs:

windows 10

amd radeon hd 7520G

12 gb ram.

:)

Jason Road, Feb 21, 2019

2. High cpu usage - CPU Spikes when moving mouse...

Hi everyone - I've built my own custom pc, it has worked wonders for about 2 years now.

I've rebuilt some of the pc because of upgrades, so my current specifications is as follows...

I7-7700k (I JUST replaced this 2 hours ago more on this down below)

Asus strix 1070 oc

2x 2400MHz 8GB ram Corsair Vengeance

Corsair AX 860 PSU

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Motherboard.

I have had some problems with my old PCU (I5-6600K) where it had high cpu usage, literally spiking from 10-15% idle to 60-70% just by hovering over icons on the desktop. Also running a steady 100% whenever
    I used any programs.

Did a bunch of testing to figure out what was wrong with it, but gave up in the end after about 8-10 hours of work on it. Decided to buy a new CPU to see if that helped (i already wanted a new one so i thought
    why not...)

The problem that is happening was not persistent after I put the new cpu in today. But after about 2 hours of run on the pc it began having troubles again. It first began while playing world of warcraft. The
    FPS was lowered even though both cpu and gpu was running on about 50-80% power. Whenever i would move the mouse my game would just lag out and if i kept moving it continuously it would completely stop showing frames and just freeze until i stopped moving it
    again.

After that i noticed that whenever i moved my mouse on the icons on the desktop or move my mouse around on google chrome it begins spiking up again like last time. Also it uses a lot of CPU power for small
    jobs which it really shouldn't. Like having discord, 5 pages of chrome and steam open it can use around 30-40% on a i7-7700k??

I know you like when people try to do it themselves first. And I am not a 'noob' at troubleshooting and googling my way through problems, but this one is a tough nut to crack.

Problem: High cpu usage overall and high cpu spikes whenever i move the mouse. Literally can't play games because whenever i have to move the mouse it begins to do lagspikes.

What i've tried so far:

• Reinstalled windows 10 3 times and updated all drivers afterwards.
    • Wiped the entire SSD with the windows 10 and the games on twice.
    • Reapplied thermal paste and even replaced the cpu to a newer and stronger edition
    • uninstalled various drivers from the device manager and reinstalling them.
    • Fiddling around in safe mode without much knowledge of what to look for.
    • benchmarked the cpu to see if it was lacking behind (it wasn't)
    • Done a malware system scan through malware bytes
    • Done a ccleaner scan
    • done a antivirus scan through avira.
    I am out of ideas and i cant seem to find any help on google and i really hope any of you guys are able and willing to help me with this pesky issue... It's not fun to have a 'strong' computer if it can't even
    handle browsing or simple games...

madshøiberg, Feb 21, 2019
  3. reflex224 Win User
    CPU spikes on foreground programs when moving mouse

I am getting the exact same problem as You, did you get it working at all?

CPU spiking to 15-30% above normal, youtube videos stuttering, if i move my mouse in games the framerate drops from 120+ to 15fps, mouse gets choppy and i can't aim properly in the few games that the fps doesn't drop so much

In some games without even moving the mouse it's gone from an average of 120+ to 10fps and if i move my mouse or click the game freezes completely.

PC Specs are:

CPU: Intel I7 7700K @ 4.20Ghz(I've noticed this one is clocking at 4.50GHz, Even though i haven't overclocked)

CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H110i 280mm Liquid cooler

Ram: Corsair Vengeance LED 16GB DDR4

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 3TB

SSD: Samsung 850EVO 1TB

Monitor: Acer XB280HK 28" 4K G-Sync Gaming Monitor

Fans: 5x Corsair High Airflow 140mm

PSU: Corsair RM750i 750W Modular Power Supply

GPU:Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1080TI Founders Edition.

I have tried every single fix listed across over a dozen websites and none of them have changed a thing.

reflex224, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

Bruce Hagen ~ MVP, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it.

1. Google or any program uses 100% cpu when moving mouse on it. - Similar Threads - Google program uses

2. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  3. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disk and CPU 100 % use: Can u help me this problem solve https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-and-cpu-100-use/a8c26f3f-83ae-4832-ba0a-b83519d50802
  4. Disk and CPU 100 % use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. CPU spikes on foreground programs when moving mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CPU spikes on foreground programs when moving mouse: Hello! when i move my mouse,(when idle my cpu is at 1%) the cpu goes up to 50%. When i have google opened and move my mouse google uses a lot of cpu and if i close it and open another app and move my mouse that app uses high cpu. I have tried: -scanning for malware -i tried...
  6. Cpu Not Boosting When Using Google

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cpu Not Boosting When Using Google: Hello! My problem is simple: I want to play games on Google, but the CPU is not boostingI have hardware acceleration on since I have a 6 core CPU, so it's bearable but the frames are haywire. my CPU is at 0.6 gigahertz when I am gaming on google. the funny thing is that the...
  7. 100% cpu on any program it decides (intel 9900ks, shouldn’t 100% on any single task)

100% cpu on any program it decides (intel 9900ks, shouldn’t 100% on any single task): [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Colbis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gjksvx/100_cpu_on_any_program_it_decides_intel_9900ks/
  8. Moving the mouse makes the cpu shoot to 100% causing stuttering in videos and headphones...

Moving the mouse makes the cpu shoot to 100% causing stuttering in videos and headphones...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/98Phoenix98 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gj038u/moving_the_mouse_makes_the_cpu_shoot_to_100/
  9. High CPU usage when moving my mouse.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    High CPU usage when moving my mouse.: Basically, whenever I move my mouse in a window or program, the cpu usage of that program spikes significantly. I've also noticed that videos stutter a lot whenever i move my cursor as well. One thing I have noticed is that while using the touchpad does increase the cpu usage...
  10. CPU usage spikes when moving mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU usage spikes when moving mouse: specs: Cpu: i7-7700 Graphics card: gtx 1060 6 GB 16 GB DDR4 ram Motherboard: ASUS B250F gaming I just encountered this problem today but I cannot find any useful resolve method online for this. When I open any application and move my mouse within it, its CPU usage...