Windows 10: Google Photos app

Discus and support Google Photos app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So I had the Google Photos app installed in my computer and I loved when I discovered that it was available in the store, recently I formatted my PC... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rafaelhsmelo, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Google Photos app

So I had the Google Photos app installed in my computer and I loved when I discovered that it was available in the store, recently I formatted my PC and while reinstalling all my apps I noticed that it's no longer there. What happened?

:)

rafaelhsmelo, Aug 5, 2018
  2. kormath Win User

Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done *Smile I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Aug 5, 2018
  3. Photos are opening with Paint instead of Photos app

Hello,

It's likely that your default application for opening photos is Paint. To change your default program in Windows 10 from
    Paint to the Photo app, we suggest that you perform the following steps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Go to System, then go to Default apps.
    • Select Photos or any app that you like to be the default under
      Photo viewer.

Update us if the steps above helped you in resolving your concern.

Angela Pun, Aug 5, 2018
  4. Google Photos app

WINDOWS 10 MICROSOFT PHOTO APP

Hello,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

The Photos app brings together pictures from all your devices using OneDrive, so that you can browse them by date, album or folder. It also automatically enhances photos, and creates albums for you, to showcase your best shots.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to change the Default apps in the setting app and verify the result. You may follow the steps in the below:

• Go to settings and system.
    • Click on Default Apps and select the appropriately.

Method 2:

I suggest you to reinstall Photo app using the PowerShell command
    and reinstall using the Windows store. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu, type Windows PowerShell in the search bar.
    • Right click on the Windows PowerShell and select Run as administrator.
    • Enter the below command to uninstall the Photo app.

•   get-appxpackage  *Microsoft.Windows.Photos* | remove-appxpackage

More reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-10/photos

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 5, 2018
Thema:

Google Photos app

1. Google Photos app - Similar Threads - Google Photos app

2. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  3. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  4. Transfer Photos from Google Photos APP to 'Photos' on my lap top

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transfer Photos from Google Photos APP to 'Photos' on my lap top: Hi I can get the photos from my Motorola phone to the Google Photo App on my laptop but want to add them to the 'Photos' on the laptop but don't know how I tried 'dragging'them no joy !!!help please....
  5. Transfer Photos from Google Photos APP to 'Photos' on my lap top

Transfer Photos from Google Photos APP to 'Photos' on my lap top: Hi I can get the photos from my Motorola phone to the Google Photo App on my laptop but want to add them to the 'Photos' on the laptop but don't know how I tried 'dragging'them no joy !!!help please....
  6. Google photos

Google photos: Not sure if this can be done but I'll try. My son was in a wedding yesterday and he sent 20 pictures to my phone, I have an android, can these pictures be somehow put into google photos? I have windows 10, version 10.0.19041 Build. 180318
  7. New video editor in Google Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    New video editor in Google Photos app: [ATTACH] Last year, we launched a new, more helpful photo editor in the Google Photos app on Android with easy-to-use granular adjustments and smart suggestions to help perfect your shots. Today, we’re adding even more editing capabilities to Google Photos so...
  8. Google Photo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Photo: Why are the recent photos I took with my android, not passing over to my google photo on PC. Up until this morning it was not a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/4b683b18-c259-45ec-9b02-3e618684695b
  9. google photo

google photo: could not see photo by Google Photo after downloaded by MS Store. will you tell me how to get them to see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photo/288fcbf7-d3a9-4f98-9c35-73ec3fc65543
  10. google photos

google photos: Im trying to make a new folder for all my pictures that are saved in google photos and cannot figure it out! can someone help me??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-photos/17693e6c-4795-4286-accf-8a611c46d8b9