Windows 10: Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera

Discus and support Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Photos often represent our most important memories—from everyday moments to the biggest events in our lives—and it should be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera

Source: Easy Wi-Fi backup from your Canon camera to Google Photos

:)

Brink, Aug 26, 2020

2. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Aug 26, 2020
  3. When I take a photo of myself with my laptop camera, what directory is it placed in?

By default, your pictures should appear in your Pictures\Camera Roll folder. If they aren't there, follow these steps to figure out where they are being saved:

1. Take a picture with the camera app.
    2. Click the thumbnail of the picture you just took at the bottom right of the app.
    3. When the photo viewer opens, click the three dots (...) at the top right and select "File Info".

A panel will then appear and it will tell you the directory where your picture is located.

If you created your account picture by going to your account settings and then selecting "create your picture -> camera", then the picture will not have been stored in your camera roll. It will be located in %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\AccountPictures as mentioned by @kicken.

Alex Myers, Aug 26, 2020
  4. Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera

upload pictures to windows 10 from canon a2600

Can't upload pictures to my one day old windows 10 udgrade of Photos from my canon a2600.

Two days ago I was uploading pictures from my camera to my windows 8.1 Photos program simply by plugging in the cable to the computer and camera, selecting shots and done. New file created.

Now, with the upgrade to windows 10 yesterday, I get a 'select items to import from canon powershot a2600' window in front of the Photos home window with every thing disabled on the background window and the ability to include or exclude camera contents
    from the pending import in the active window. From this window I can see the pictures, but I find no input to proceed with the the importing process, only the files to include in the import. Now, my pictures are held hostage in my camera. I looked at canon
    drivers and got a new one, the camers is in the devices list, I'm missing something. HELP!

Rdud

rogerdudra, Aug 26, 2020
Thema:

Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera

1. Google Photos can now automatically back up pictures from Canon camera - Similar Threads - Google Photos automatically

2. Downloading photographs from Canon camera into Pictures

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Downloading photographs from Canon camera into Pictures: I have Windows 10. Previously when I downloaded photos from the camera via USB into Pictures, Windows created files for the pictures by date. Now the pictures are just dumped into the general Pictures file. Can't figure what changed. Same camera, same cable, etc, etc......
  3. I can no longer download pictures from my Canon camera in Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can no longer download pictures from my Canon camera in Windows 10.: I used to be able to download using the Canon Image browser, but today it "failed" to import. Tried using Windows Camera - it wouldn't connect to the device....
  4. Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photo app automatically grabs photos from My Pictures: The Photos app has an archive of photos from the past and present. When I open the photo app, I see photos from 2007 to present 2020 and can't download them. I sign in to my Microsoft OneDrive account and don't see the photos. Three questions: How can I download the...
  5. Cannot stop onedrive from automatically backing up photos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot stop onedrive from automatically backing up photos: I am trying to change the location of my photos folder to my external drive. Within the one drive settings, I have gone into backup and made sure that the photos folder is not selected. However, this appears to not make a difference, when I go back onto backup it is selected....
  6. You can now transfer Facebook photos and videos to Google Photos

in Windows 10 News
    You can now transfer Facebook photos and videos to Google Photos: [img] At Facebook, we believe that if you share data with one service, you should be able to move it to another. That’s the principle of data portability, which gives people control and choice while also encouraging innovation. Today, we’re releasing a tool that will enable...
  7. How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?

How to disable Photos from automatically opening pictures?: Every time I download a picture from the internet, the Photos app insists on automatically opening it and displaying it to me. If I download many photos, it opens many times. How do I disable photos from automatically opening pictures that I download? If I want them opened,...
  8. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder: I keep all my photos in the Windows Pictures folder (in many sub-folders). I have noted that there are numerous pix in Google Photos that are NOT in the Windows Pictures folder. I have been researching the Web to determine how pix in Google can be transferred to the Windows...
  9. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library: I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders. However, I want to be able to work with these files in the...
  10. How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos

How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos: Hi to all, I'm fairly incompetent with my Windows 10, so I found a set of photos from years ago in Google photos and want to combine them in the Microsoft photos app. Please someone tell me how in simple terms....