Windows 10: Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Discus and support Google Photos not visible in Pictures library in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by jdmuratore, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

I have set-up the Google Drive app, and I can see the contents in Windows Explorer. It includes the Google Photos folder. In the Photos App, I have successfully added the Google Photos folder to the list of folders.

However, I want to be able to work with these files in the file explorer as well. Specifically, I want them in my Pictures library, but they are not there even though I've tried to add the Google Photos folder to my Pictures library.

In File Explorer, I open Google Drive, right-click on Google Photos, and select "Include in Library...Pictures". A pop-up says:

Google Photos is already included in the library.

In the Pictures library, I can try to search for a filename from Google Photos, and it is not there.

How do I view my Google Photos folder in the Pictures library?

:)

jdmuratore, Jun 1, 2019
  2. wallace99 Win User

Problem with location of Pictures library after making pictures available on OneDrive

Thanks Rhina

I did what you suggested but it ended up making OneDrive the Pictures library. This may have something to do with the way i originally moved the Pictures folders to OneDrive. I probably should explain:

Because there already was a (fairly empty) Pictures folder under OneDrive (automatically set up I think when transferring a few Ipad photos to PC via OneDrive) I had moved the top level Pictures folders into D/users/myname/OneDrive rather than moving
    the Pictures folder itself. This was probably a bit stupid but I subsequently moved the top level Pictures folders into that pre-existing Pictures folder on OneDrive and that's how we got to where we are today.

To continue after that diversion. Following the restore you suggested, the pictures folder under Libraries was still wrong but it looked a lot better ie it was no longer offering me a choice of locations for Pictures folders and, instead was just showing
    me all the top level folders for what it (wrongly) thought was the Pictures folder. But it was still not appearing directly under This PC.

My next step was to go into Properties option for Libraries/Pictures. Here I simply added the correct location D/users/myname/OneDrive/pictures and deleted the location D/users/myname/OneDrive which at that time was the current location.

So, on the Positive side:

• Libraries/Pictures now shows what I would expect ie my top level Pictures folders

But, on the negative side:

• Pictures still does not appear under This PC, unlike Documents, Videos, Music etc
    • in the Photos app, if I go to Folders option, it shows the folder as OneDrive, not OneDrive/Pictures even though, if i go into "choose where to look" it is correctly showing OneDrive/Pictures as the location. Obviously i can still get to the photos I need
      but it's an extra unnecessary step
    That's where i am currently.

wallace99, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Mohan B P Win User
    Picture User Folder vs Library Picture Folder / Add to User folder

Hi,

Form the issue description, I realize that you are trying to view your pictures in the default pictures library. To do so, you have to change the location of the folder that contains your pictures to the default pictures library folder.

To view your pictures in the default pictures library, I suggest you to follow the steps below.

• Right-click on the default Picture folder
      and click on Properties.

• Navigate to Location tab.

• Click on Move…. and select the folder that contains your pictures and click on
      Apply and then click on Ok.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further information on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Webcam doesn't show pictures in photos

Hello Gerrit,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

As per the above description, I understand that the photos taken in the camera are not visible in the Photo App.

There are a couple of reasons photos and videos you expected to see in the Photos app aren't showing up. For example, if your files aren't in the Pictures library, the Photos app won't find them. Here are a couple of things to try so that you can see them
    in the app.

Move the files to the Pictures library:

• Press Start.

• Type File Explorer and then tap or click
      File Explorer
      in the results.

• Browse to the folder that contains your photos. (If your files are on an external drive, connect the drive to your PC.)

• Tap or click the File menu, and then tap or click Open new window.

• Drag or copy the folder or photos you want to see in the Photos app
      from the original folder into the Pictures folder.

If you have photos in another folder or drive and don't want to move them to the Pictures folder, you can add them to the Pictures library. To learn how, see “How do I add a folder to a library?” in
    Libraries: FAQ.

Hope it helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

1. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library - Similar Threads - Google Photos visible

2. 3D Library not visible in Paint 3D

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3D Library not visible in Paint 3D: I saw a video showing what amazing things we can do in Paint 3D. I wanted to try it but according to the video in the Microsoft Website, there is supposed to be a "3D Library" option on the top. I can't see any option like that....
  3. "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Photos" app shows all pictures in selected folders; "Pictures" library shows...: I want my Pictures library to show me all of my pictures. I assume that's part of the point of the library. When I go into the Library and add my folders, it adds the entire folder and everything in it. On a previous topic, one user suggested clicking "Optimize for...
  4. windows photos app not automatically loading photos into My Pictures library on pc

windows photos app not automatically loading photos into My Pictures library on pc: The photos app on windows used to automatically upload photos into the My Pictures library on the pc. No longer. I have noted that I have no photos uploaded for all of 2020. How do I reinstate this function. I load photos from my camera/phone into the windows app with no...
  5. Picture preview no longer visible?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Picture preview no longer visible?: Hi, so for some time now it's been like this with me, that on my win10 the pictures are shown in folders and on the desktop only as this blue photo file icon. it's just extremely annoying because I was once again too lazy to number all the photos, and now I have to search...
  6. Hidden picture are visible in default photos app

Hidden picture are visible in default photos app: when I tried making some photos hidden using the " attrib +s +h 'path' ", they're still visible in the photos app. I don't understand why it is happening but this makes no sense of making the files hidden or making them invisible. e.g. Trying to hide the directory...
  7. Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day

Picture Library - Arrange photos by Day: Dear Windows Community, One of the most useful tools I utilise to view and arrange photos is through the Pictures Library. By right clicking any space other than the folders in the library and selecting "Arrange by Day", I was able to view all of my photos by day/ date...
  8. Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder

Transfer pictures in Google Photos to Windows Pictures folder: I keep all my photos in the Windows Pictures folder (in many sub-folders). I have noted that there are numerous pix in Google Photos that are NOT in the Windows Pictures folder. I have been researching the Web to determine how pix in Google can be transferred to the Windows...
  9. How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos

How to send photos from Google Pictures to Microsoft photos: Hi to all, I'm fairly incompetent with my Windows 10, so I found a set of photos from years ago in Google photos and want to combine them in the Microsoft photos app. Please someone tell me how in simple terms....
  10. Can I upload google photos to my microsoft library?

Can I upload google photos to my microsoft library?: having trouble uploading google photos to my Microsoft library https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-upload-google-photos-to-my-microsoft-library/253f3dfa-961f-40ba-ab84-ccf1849e86fc"