Windows 10: google photos

Discus and support google photos in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Im trying to make a new folder for all my pictures that are saved in google photos and cannot figure it out! can someone help me???... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ChristineMikulski, Oct 30, 2019.

1. google photos

Im trying to make a new folder for all my pictures that are saved in google photos and cannot figure it out! can someone help me???

:)

ChristineMikulski, Oct 30, 2019

2. Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 30, 2019
  3. kormath Win User
    Lost default photo viewer after profile rebuild

Thanks Brink. I've tried those steps before i started searching Google. After the profile rebuild i don't have the Photo app listed to choose to make it default in either the system settings for default apps or the Open With option.

I can't even find it doing a search. Seems to have been removed somehow with the profile rebuild, which doesn't make sense.

Might be helpful to list what i've done google photos :) I've done the open with check, the choose default program in the system menu, tried that in device manager default programs also. I've checked the programs and features Turn windows features on/off and it's not listed there (never thought it was but that was a suggestion), searched the MS Store, it's not listed there either.

I don't like playing in the registry unless i have defined steps and haven't found anything for this yet, just the Win7 version like in my OP.

kormath, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

google photos

Google changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

Source: Changing how Google Drive and Google Photos work together

See also: G Suite Updates Blog: Google Photos will stop syncing to Drive on July 10, 2019

Brink, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

google photos

1. google photos - Similar Threads - google photos

2. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account: Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-photos-currently-in-my-google/245bda57-7356-4bb3-bb51-218c30ca87bc
  3. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account: Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-transfer-my-photos-currently-in-my-google/245bda57-7356-4bb3-bb51-218c30ca87bc
  4. Can I transfer my photos currently in my google account to my yahoo account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?: I have,Onedrive, 365 sub, and also google one sub.Google drive itself, is not used.I have multitude of panorama material etc, I have google photo albums that are created to sort things, enjoy, etc.My ask: How do I - point - win 11 - personalize - background anything, to a...
  6. How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?

How do we use google photos as a personalized background for windows 11?: I have,Onedrive, 365 sub, and also google one sub.Google drive itself, is not used.I have multitude of panorama material etc, I have google photo albums that are created to sort things, enjoy, etc.My ask: How do I - point - win 11 - personalize - background anything, to a...
  7. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  8. Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.

Add Google photo and google drive support to the photo app.: Hello, dear developers! I apologize for my English.I wanted to suggest that you add integration with Google photos and google drive services into Photos App. This will be convenient for policyholders using android smartphones. Thanks!...
  9. If I delete all photos on One Drive, they will still stay in Google Photos correct?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If I delete all photos on One Drive, they will still stay in Google Photos correct?: If I delete photos in One Drive to get more space, this will not affect the photos I have stored in Photos on my computer or on Google Photos will it? Thank you!...
  10. If I delete all photos on One Drive, they will still stay in Google Photos correct?

If I delete all photos on One Drive, they will still stay in Google Photos correct?: If I delete photos in One Drive to get more space, this will not affect the photos I have stored in Photos on my computer or on Google Photos will it? Thank you!...