Windows 10: Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot

Discus and support Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; There have been multiple rumours claiming that Google is planning to enable Windows 10 dual boot support on its own Google Pixelbook. The company could... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Sep 30, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot

There have been multiple rumours claiming that Google is planning to enable Windows 10 dual boot support on its own Google Pixelbook. The company could allow the Pixelbook to be Windows 10 certified meaning that Google Pixelbook could soon run Microsoft’s Windows 10.

If reports are found true and accurate, then we could soon see a Google Pixelbook running Windows 10. By the looks of things, Google’s device might pass Windows Hardware Certification Kit (WHCK) and Windows Hardware Lab Kit (HLK) certifications. If the certifications are passed, then you might soon see the Pixelbook running two Operating systems on one device.

Google’s “AltOS” a.k.a. Project Campfire might be an internal name for the project that is supposed to create a dual-boot environment on Chrome OS.

A little bit of digging by Windows Latest revealed the Campfire Project has been updated and Google has quietly renamed “AltOS” to “dual boot”, confirming that the project is indeed related to dual-booting of two OSes.

Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot Chrome-dual-boot-AltOS.jpg

9to5Google today also discovered a commit from July that confirms the Google’s Pixel Slate “Nocturne” will also support Windows 10 dual-boot.

Chromebook’s growth in the education market

Chromebooks are currently seeing an increased sale especially in the education sector in several markets in the United States. Microsoft also has its share of the education market with the Redmond Giant introducing Windows 10 in S Mode which limits users to install only Microsoft Store apps.

We are currently not sure if Google would actually put in practice the idea of a dual boot device and release its Pixelbook with Windows 10 dual-boot support. But if this happens it would definitely be big news for both the tech giants. There is, however, no exact timeframe given as to when Google plans to introduce Windows 10 on its Pixelbook.

The post Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Sep 30, 2018

2. Dual Booting

Please follow the steps in the tutorial for how to post the screenshot. I cannot even see Disk 0, 1 and 2 on the drive map, and the columns were not spread so i can see the labels in the listings above even though it lllustates how to do this.

As long as you don't have a UEFI install then you can move the boot loader to Windows 10 so that it manages the Dual Boot using it's menu, add the Dual Boot back from there. These same steps using EasyBCD should do it:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/209885-boo...

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Sep 30, 2018
  3. Dual Boot

If your intention is to dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 7 with Windows 10 installed first, did you go through these steps?

How to: Dual Boot Windows 7 or Windows 8 with Windows 10 Installed First

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki...

Andre for Directly, Sep 30, 2018
  4. Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot

dual boot windows xp with uefi windows 10

Hi,

It definitely is possible to do a dual boot of Windows 10 with a older version of Windows. There are several steps involved to successfully achieve your objective. For us to resolve your concern, we suggest you follow the step by step process provided by
    Andre Da Costa in the article:
    How to dual boot Windows 10 and older versions of Windows

This covers installing different versions of Windows alongside Windows 10 in a dual boot environment. Take note though to backup any important files that you have before proceeding with any of the steps to prevent any data loss.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot

1. Google Pixel Slate might support Windows 10 dual-booting, project AltOS renamed to dual-boot - Similar Threads - Google Pixel Slate

2. Dual boot.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dual boot.: Hi and thanks for the many helpful articles on here. Many are similar to my query but don’t seem to give the complete answer. My existing system running Windows 10 Pro 32bit has all my apps some 16bit installed and running well. Now my new system with similar hardware just...
  3. dual booting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dual booting: So i have a dell laptop running windows 10 home and i want to dual boot windows 8.1 can someone tell me how to do this. thank you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-booting/395dc945-8287-40ad-a71e-0bf8ff3afe7c
  4. Dual Boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Boot: This a fairly new system 10 months and a clean install 1 week of Windows 10 Pro. I have several drives available for Windows 11, but after the install of 10 and all the drives unplugged to get a good install, How should I go about the install of 11 and save myself the hassle...
  5. Dual boot

Dual boot: Hi All, Been searching for a clear answer but haven't found one yet. A few days ago I installed Win11 Pro preview on a spare drive with Win10 Pro already on my main m.2 drive. All worked fine for dual booting. The next day I was having some bugs in Win10 with right-clicking...
  6. dual boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    dual boot: how do i remove a dual boot to make it single boot system w/Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/1f4d89b9-3e50-4e91-97b5-f8589935661c
  7. Dual Booting

Dual Booting: I have Windows 10 set in msconfig as my default operating system. When I turn on the computer I get the black Boot Manager screen and if I want Windows 7 I have to use the up arrow and hit enter. my question is how do you get that blue screen with both operating systems in a...
  8. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: Can I dual boot, Windows 10 and Ubuntu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dual-boot/302b7f69-68b0-4eb7-8a83-5b181a481eba
  9. Dual booting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dual booting: I have set up a VHD and loaded it with ubuntu 18.04.1 LST. The problem is I can't make the VHD visible so I can't dual boot my laptop. If I go to This PC and look, all I see is C:. If I open C: then I can see the VHD but can't access it. What did I do wrong? How can I fix...
  10. Dual Boot

Dual Boot: This is a two part question, and please note I do not have Win10 myself. In fact I do not have direct access to the computer I am talking about although I do have the full technical details of it, including all drivers, etc. Firstly, If Win10 is already installed on a...