Windows 10: Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan

Discus and support Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google announced an expansion of Google Play Games on PC today, noting that more PC gamers could soon play Android games on their computers. Google... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 15, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan

Google announced an expansion of Google Play Games on PC today, noting that more PC gamers could soon play Android games on their computers.

Google Play Games on PC was launched by Google in 2021 to bring Android games to Windows PCs. Microsoft launched the Windows Subsystem for Android on Windows that year, which brought Android application supports to Windows 11. Microsoft selected Amazon as its partner, and rolled out the feature to select regions in an initial beta test.

Google, in the meantime, cooked up its own solution to bringing Android games to PCs. The company's solution included official Google Play Services support, which Microsoft and Amazon could not offer.

Google started Play Games on PC in 2022 as a beta test in select regions, including the United States, Canada, Singapore, Mexico, Brazil, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.

One year later, Google announced an extension of the service to more regions. Japan and "countries in Europe" are mentioned specifically by Google. The expansion happens in the "next couple of months" and several new games will be added to the list of available games.

Google Play Games on PC supports a small selection of games only, especially when compared to the games that are available directly on Android devices.

The user experience of Google Play Games on PC is improved as well, according to the announcement. Google, in partnership with Intel, has developed a solution to use "an existing mobile build". Game developers may now submit their mobile builds for participation in the program to "reach players faster". Google notes that fully optimized games "offer the best experience for users" and that only these games "qualify for unique cross-platform marketing and promotion".

Developers have also access to a new Google Play Games on PC developer emulator. It is a build of Google Play Games specifically for developers, giving them the ability to help in debug and build processes. The new emulator allows developers to deploy games directly, for instance through sideloading or by using Android Studio, and to adjust graphics and hardware settings, to test different configurations.

Google has updated its release checklist, which developers may use for verification before submitting a build. The checklist covers key requirements, such as "supporting Windows aspect ratios, and implementing mouse and keyboard input" according to Google. Google published five videos on YouTube about the update.

Google plans to roll out Next Generation Player IDs to all users to "keep a user's Player ID consistent across surfaces for any given game".

Windows gamers who plan to join Google Play Games for PC should take note of the changed minimum system requirements. It now requires a gaming-class GPU and 8 logical cores of CPU; previously, 4 physical CPU cores.

Google has not revealed yet how popular Google Play Games for PC is.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 15, 2023
  2. petrib Win User

Nokia phone for Japan and Europe

All the WCDMA (3G, UMTS) phones sold in Europe should work in Japan (at least on the SoftBank - formerly Vodafone KK, and J-Phone before that - network).

petrib, Mar 15, 2023
  3. Lumia 820/920 used in Europe and Japan

Hello everybody,

Do you think a Lumia 820/920 bought in Europe (specifically in Italy) can be used with a japanese SIM in Japan?

I travel a lot between Italy and Japan and I need a SIM for each country.

Thank you,

-Fra

smeeagain---01, Mar 15, 2023
  4. Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan

Can't play my pes13 game on my windows 10 professional PC desktop

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to play game.

I will certainly help you with this.

Did you check the game compatibility with Windows 10?

I would suggest you to go through the below steps:

Steps: Try to run the program in compatibility mode:

• Right click on the game icon through which you launch the game.

• Click on properties.

• Click on compatibility tab.

• Check the box, run this program in compatibility mode and select the previous operating system.

• Click on apply and then ok.

I hope this helps. Please post back with the status of the issue and we will be glad to assist you further.

Shubham Chaubey, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan

1. Google Play Games on PC launches in Europe and Japan - Similar Threads - Google Play Games

2. No space on google play games beta?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No space on google play games beta?: When trying to install a game through google play games beta it says no space on c drive even though there is 7gb free and the game is only 130mb. Is there anything you can suggest?Many thanks...
  3. No space on google play games beta?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No space on google play games beta?: When trying to install a game through google play games beta it says no space on c drive even though there is 7gb free and the game is only 130mb. Is there anything you can suggest?Many thanks...
  4. No space on google play games beta?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC randomly launching shutdown protocol while playing games: Hi, I've got a very strange problem on my computer : whenever I play a fullscreen game, the PC is randomly shutting down. Actually, it shuts down in the "standard" way : it closes all applications and then shuts down. (or sometimes go to sleep). And sometimes, it acts as if...
  6. Unable to launch Google Earth on PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to launch Google Earth on PC: [ATTACH]why do i see this when opening gg earth ***Original title: GOGGLE EARTH*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-launch-google-earth-on-pc/79c8b377-d5f7-4af8-aa51-3152f35a501c
  7. Google play games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google play games: Can i download google play games on a acer laptop with windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-play-games/1f86c660-fcd9-4c57-aff8-e613bb99ebd0
  8. Google Considering Pulling News Service From Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Google Considering Pulling News Service From Europe: Google is considering pulling its Google News service from Europe as regulators work toward a controversial copyright law. The European Union’s Copyright Directive will give publishers the right to demand money from the Alphabet Inc. unit, Facebook Inc. and other web...
  9. Updates to Google Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Updates to Google Terms of Service and Privacy Policy in Europe: Today, we started notifying our users in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland about some changes we’re making to how we provide our services. These changes will be reflected in updates to our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy that you can read now, but that will...
  10. Xiaomi launches Mi Notebook Air in Europe

in Windows 10 News
    Xiaomi launches Mi Notebook Air in Europe: Xiaomi seems like a promising manufacturer which seems to be able to produce high-quality hardware at an affordable price. Other than smartphones, Xiaomi also makes laptops powered by Windows 10 to compete with Apple’s offering. Xiaomi’s Mi Notebook Air is quite popular in...