Windows 10: Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free

Discus and support Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Movie nights just got better! Now you can enjoy your favorite movies in the highest quality possible on Google Play Movies & TV—without ever leaving... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free

Source: More 4K, more fun with Google Play Movies TV

:)

Brink, Oct 23, 2018
  2. Yaqub K Win User

Movies & TV app not working properly.

Hi,

I suggest you to un-install and re-install Movies & TV App and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key.
    • Type Windows Powershell.
    • Right click on it and select Run as administrator.
    • Type in the following command to un-install Movies & TV App.
    get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneVideo* | remove-appxpackage

Note: The Movies & TV App can be reinstalled using the Store App or by following the link mentioned below. You will need to exit the Store app if it is already open before reinstalling the app.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/movies-tv/9wzdncrfj3p2

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Oct 23, 2018
  3. Cannot play Google purchased movies on Explorer

Hi,I

Using Windows explorer, (not Internet Explorer) go to the file folder where you downloaded the google 'movie' to, right click on the downloaded file and select "Open with>Chrome" from the context menu.

The google 'movie' should play on their web browser as it will be in webm format. But you cannot use any Windows apps to play those types of files. When you make a purchase from the google movies, it will supply you with a copy in the format that your current
    web browser supports.

for help with google products visit support.google.com

Regards.

IECUSTOMIZER, Oct 23, 2018
  4. Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free

Cannot play Google purchased movies on Explorer

I have both the Google and latest IE browsers on my desktop.

I do prefer IE better because I'm more used to it and it's set up the way I like it. However, I cannot play purchased moves from Google on it! I can play Amazon movies, but not Google.

The error I get is the following: An unknown error occurred, please try later. OR, it just keeps rotating and says if you movie won't start, restart device. And of course that doesn't work.

Is their an app. that I can get out of the app store that will play all the different formatted films?

Note: I can play the previews of Google films, but I cannot play the purchased.

Thanks!!

TOMSHOTCASH, Oct 23, 2018
Thema:

Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free

1. Google Play Movies & TV upgrading your purchased movies to 4K for free - Similar Threads - Google Play Movies

2. Movies And TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies And TV: Hello There, Since I Have Reinstalled My Movies And TV App Whenever I Play A Video It Says "Cant Play Please try again. If the problem continues, visit https://support.microsoft.com to check for guidance.Error 0x800700ea I Watched The Same Video On Other Players Like...
  3. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV: I have windows 10. Why are all the movies I rent EXPIRED on the same day as I rent them??? It all began on Dec. 07, 2019. The registry fix is impossibe> How do I get what I have PAID for??????...
  4. Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.

Movies & TV will not play the movies I have paid for.: Can't play Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password. 0x80190191 But, you know, I am already signed in...otherwise how could I possibly be looking at the movies I have paid for on the "purchased" dashboard. And...I have signed...
  5. Can't Play Purchased Movies

Can't Play Purchased Movies: For some reason this morning I can't play any of my purchased movies on the Films & TV App (Windows 10). I get the message: CAN'T PLAY - Can't perform the requested action because access requires a user name and password - 0x80190191. I have logged in and out several...
  6. Tubi-Free TV & Movies

Tubi-Free TV & Movies: I can't get the Tubi app to download from the store, it says I already own it and then keeps asking what device to install to??? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tubi-free-tv-movies/ce4f292b-ab85-4d76-96ed-48683d2edaac
  7. Movies & TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Movies & TV: How do I stop Movies & TV application from starting alone when I put it into Pause? I stopped auto play in the Microsoft Store settings and it stills plays around 10 seconds after I put it in Pause. Thanks...
  8. Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset

Movies and TV app not playing movies in vr headset: The app shows a black screen in my HTC Vive headset when trying to play movies. Plays fine on my monitor. In headset only sound, subtitles and the pop up showing what the film is when loading, but no film. Can watch Netflix fine, Youtube fine. Unsure if this has always been a...
  9. 4K UHD Movies won't play

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    4K UHD Movies won't play: Where do I get the SGX driver for Windows 10 so I can run my 4K UHD movies on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/4k-uhd-movies-wont-play/8b5b904b-502a-470a-bd0c-558e50cee10d
  10. Movie & TV

Movie & TV: Hello, Movie & Tv do not read .mov video. It works on VCL, windows media player, itunes, Quicktime, but not Movie & Tv. Do you have a solution ? Thank you 27617