Windows 10: Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Discus and support Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Today we’re announcing that Chrome will gradually ensure that secure (HTTPS) pages only download secure files. In a series of steps outlined below,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Brink Win User

Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Source: Chromium Blog: Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

:)

Brink, Feb 8, 2020

2. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 8, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 8, 2020
  4. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Feb 8, 2020
Thema:

Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome

1. Google Protecting users from insecure downloads in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Google Protecting users

2. Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome: How do I switch to S mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/76f3fb96-9af4-4c8a-a47a-3a93b9462798
  3. google chrome searches showing as insecure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    google chrome searches showing as insecure: I've been noticing that when I search for pretty much anything on chrome in windows 10 the searches are showing up as insecure with the exclamation icon in the URL instead of the lock symbol. This is happening on 2 devices and I just got them fully scanned for viruses at...
  4. google chrome download

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    google chrome download: Is there a google chrome app download in the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-download/5b4fb292-2493-4ea0-a047-441a8154bbc7
  5. Google Chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Google Chrome: Can you download Google Chrome in Windows 10 Home? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome/ca314897-9b67-457b-965e-8f866ec5c23f
  6. Better password protections in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Better password protections in Google Chrome: Many of us have encountered malware, heard of data breaches, or even been a victim of phishing, where a site tries to scam you into entering your passwords and other sensitive information. With all this considered, data security has become a top concern for many people...
  7. Trouble downloading Google Chrome

Trouble downloading Google Chrome: Trying top set up a new Surface Go. Want to download Google Chrome and make this my primary browser but Windows messages keep getting in the way. Any ideas??...
  8. Google Advanced Protection Program expands to Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Google Advanced Protection Program expands to Google Chrome: The Advanced Protection Program is our strongest level of protection for the personal Google Accounts of anyone at risk of targeted attacks — like journalists, activists, politicians and business leaders. It offers an evolving list of security offerings to protect our users...
  9. Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome

Issue with Downloading files from Google Chrome: Hey everyone I'm having an issue with downloading files from Google Chrome. Whenever I try to download a file to somewhere other than the downloads folder I get the error message shown below [ATTACH] If I download files to my downloads folder, it works. I should mention...
  10. Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Expanding user protections on the web: One of the advantages of the web is that it allows developers to create any type of experience they can imagine, which has led to the rich diversity of content available on the web today. While most content producers are interested in providing excellent experiences for their...