Windows 10: Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

Discus and support Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Earlier this year we had reported that Google is testing support for native Windows 10 notifications for its Chrome browser. There was no confirmed ETA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

Earlier this year we had reported that Google is testing support for native Windows 10 notifications for its Chrome browser. There was no confirmed ETA given as to when the company plans to roll out the feature to its Chrome browser.

Today we report that Google has now started to roll out the feature to its Chrome users with version 68 installed on the PCs. The news was confirmed by Google employee Peter Beverloo via his official Twitter account.

The feature is currently available for more than 50% of Chrome users running Chrome 68 and should be available for all users soon. If you don’t want to wait then you can manually get the feature by accessing ‘chrome://flags’ and enable native notifications.

With the integration of Chrome notifications in Action Center, Chrome becomes the first browser apart from Microsoft Edge to get support for native notifications in Windows 10. The Chrome notifications will not make any changes to the already existing Windows 10 Quiet Hours and any other system settings in the Action Center.

Native Notifications support for Google Chrome was expected to be launched with the arrival of Anniversary update for Windows 10 users but Google took time to roll out the feature to its Chrome browser on Windows 10 since it was found to be not suitable for public roll out due to issues found during internal testing.

The notifications feature is currently rolling out only for Windows 10 users and we have no confirmation if Google plans to roll out the feature to Windows 8.1 users also. For Windows 7 users the native notifications feature will not be made available since Microsoft has already ended support for the operating system.

If any of our users are using Google Chrome version 68 on their Windows 10 PCs then make sure to check out the notification feature if already available. Do let us know the first impressions in the comments below.

The post Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Aug 9, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Aug 9, 2018
  3. Google Chrome download

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to uninstall the application and download the setup files or install directly from Internet explorer by following the steps below:

• Open Internet explorer and type ‘www.google.com’ in the address bar.
    • To will get a notification on the right side of the browser to download and install Google Chrome.
    • Click on the notification and follow the prompts to download and install the Google Chrome application.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Aug 9, 2018
  4. Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Aug 9, 2018
Thema:

Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version

1. Google pushes out native Windows 10 notifications support in Chrome 68 version - Similar Threads - Google pushes native

2. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  3. Virus Notifications On Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus Notifications On Google Chrome: I kept receiving VIRUS notification from a site "rqstz.titaniumveinshaper.com" and it says i have to buy a plan to make a scan and for remove the viruses,,,I opened any website which show redirect like something and ask for allow and i mistakenly allowed it and after that I...
  4. Is Google Chrome supported

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  5. Is Google Chrome supported

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is Google Chrome supported: Is Google Chrome supported? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-google-chrome-supported/548a28ef-7194-4233-9f1e-ef30328c786f
  6. Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications: Hey guys, this is my last resort. I've recently installed Win 10 Pro: http://prntscr.com/n0cniw I am working with Slack and before this, on Windows 7 I had a popup showing up when someone was writing me. After installing this Windows, they are not showing up. No YouTube...
  7. Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Pro Chrome Native Notifications: Hey guys, this is my last resort. I've recently installed Win 10 Pro: http://prntscr.com/n0cniw I am working with Slack and before this, on Windows 7 I had a popup showing up when someone was writing me. After installing this Windows, they are not showing up. No YouTube...
  8. Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox is getting support for Windows 10 native notifications: Just like any other web browsers, Mozilla Firefox has support for push notifications built in. Windows 10 has a notification system called Action Center, but Firefox doesn’t utilize it. It appears that we can soon expect to see Firefox notifications delivered through Windows...
  9. Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure'

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 68 will now mark HTTP as 'not secure': Security has been one of Chrome’s core principles since the beginning—we’re constantly working to keep you safe as you browse the web. Nearly two years ago, we announced that Chrome would eventually mark all sites that are not encrypted with HTTPS as “not secure”. This makes...
  10. Enable or Disable Native Notifications for Google Chrome in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Native Notifications for Google Chrome in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Native Notifications for Google Chrome in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Native Notifications for Google Chrome in Windows 10 Starting with Google Chrome 68, you can set a flag for an experimental feature to enable or disable support for...