Windows 10: Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem

Discus and support Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has had enough of its long-running legal battle with Oracle over whether application programming interfaces (API)s can be copyrighted. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Jan 11, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem

More

labeeman, Jan 11, 2015

2. Yep Google really hates copyrights *Biggrin

:)

ThrashZone, Jan 11, 2015
  3. Java error code 1603 in windows 10

Seems to be lots of "fixes" for this on the net. This one worked for me.

Opened the directory C:\ProgramData\Oracle\

Deleted the sub directory in there called JAVA.

Ran the installer and it re created it but still failed.

Ran the takeownership context menu setting to get full rights to the JAVA directory.

Search for takeownership in google.

https://www.howtogeek.com/howto/win...ership-to-explorer-right-click-menu-in-vista/

Ran the installer again and it worked , filling a few entries into the Java directory.

Obviously a permission issue.

MikeWatson99, Jan 11, 2015
  4. BulldogXX Win User

frustrating

Microsoft didn't create Java and doesn't maintain it. Java is maintained by Oracle.

BulldogXX, Jan 11, 2015
  5. Arelem Win User
    Not really a case of hating copyrights, but a company trying to own an long running accepted practice. Its like those medical research companies trying to patent your DNA.

Arelem, Jan 12, 2015
  6. Personally I hate Oracle but I'm not all that fond of Google either,
    Pay the royalties instead of the lawyers *Wink

I doubt the supreme court is even qualified to evaluate the issue.

ThrashZone, Jan 12, 2015
  7. groze Win User
    If api's are copyrightable won't that make all operating systems illegal? Aren't all api's reverse engineered anyways? What will happen with wine for Linux that installed on a lot of systems?

groze, Jan 13, 2015
  8. rvbfan Win User

Not to mention apps. This could have repercussions. People building free apps would be at risk too if I'm not mistaken.

rvbfan, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Google pushes to take Oracle Java copyright case to Suprem - Similar Threads - Google pushes Oracle

2. Supreme Commander 2 fixes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supreme Commander 2 fixes?: So I just got an Acer predator and downloaded a rts game called Supreme Commander 2 that I grew up playing and have always loved, I have been very excited to finally play the dlcs. I am on windows 10, every time the game runs for more than 20 minutes it gives a "commit...
  3. Google Drive in case of two computer's users

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Drive in case of two computer's users: I use Google Drive GD from now on.Until today I was the only one using the PC as admin and the letter assigned to GD is "G:"Today I have created a new user for my wife still admin and she's using GD as well and for her the letter assigned to GD is "H:".Problem is that now...
  4. Google Drive in case of two computer's users

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Google Drive in case of two computer's users: I use Google Drive GD from now on.Until today I was the only one using the PC as admin and the letter assigned to GD is "G:"Today I have created a new user for my wife still admin and she's using GD as well and for her the letter assigned to GD is "H:".Problem is that now...
  5. Oracle

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Oracle: Im trying to use oracle vm to test a virus one question is will it infect my host and what do i do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oracle/796761ad-8f27-40f8-ab1c-1a3bba9882d6
  6. Oracle

Oracle: Im trying to use oracle vm to test a virus one question is will it infect my host and what do i do about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/oracle/796761ad-8f27-40f8-ab1c-1a3bba9882d6
  7. Java Oracle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Java Oracle: I would like to know if "Java" and "Java Oracle" are safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/java-oracle/bde3461e-6f1d-4eb9-a97b-dae335f5e463
  8. Java Oracle

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Java Oracle: I would like to know if "Java" and "Java Oracle" are safe https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/java-oracle/bde3461e-6f1d-4eb9-a97b-dae335f5e463
  9. Supreme Commander Resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Supreme Commander Resolution: So I finally was able to redownload an old game of my past. Supreme Commander 2. Immediately when I launch my game the screen resolution went down very low and the aspect ratio also changed. The game runs slow and terrible and any overlay such as the Xbox game bar also looks...
  10. Oracle ordered to blitz users with Java security warnings

Oracle ordered to blitz users with Java security warnings: What's worse than stale coffee? Stale Java, says the US Federal Trade Commission. Oracle has been ordered to warn users if they're running an outdated version of Java SE, under a settlement with the US Federal Trade Commission (FTC). The agreement settles claims by...