Windows 10: Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region

Discus and support Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; For years I have used the same search settings in Google. 1: Display 30 results per page and 2: region should be the USA (even though I now live in... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zvit, Mar 20, 2020.

1. zvit Win User

Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region

For years I have used the same search settings in Google. 1: Display 30 results per page and 2: region should be the USA (even though I now live in Israel.)

I use Google Chrome and have the latest version. Version 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

For the past few days, after a few visits to my home page (google.com) The settings revert back to ISRAEL as the region. I keep putting it back to the USA but after a few minutes of browsing, it keeps going back to Israel.

On other browsers (FF, Opera, etc) this does not happen.
    Meaning, when I go to search settings\region, in Chrome it will be set to my current region and in other browsers, it will be set to the USA.

This itself is confusing because I would think that the changes made to the Google account settings should be global and not browser cookie-based.

These are the things I have already tried and did not work:

1. Logging out of all other locations and logging back in.
    2. Using this url: Google
    3. Clearing all history, cookies, etc.
    4. Allowing Google cookies.
    5. Location is disabled in my Google account settings.
    6. No one else is using my Google account.
    7. No other apps are changing this setting.

I spent hours searching this issue on Google forums, but no one gave any more suggestions as to what’s causing this and why it only started happening a few days ago.

What else could be causing this and what can I do?

Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region [​IMG]

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 20, 2020
  3. mandelore Win User
    mandelore, Mar 20, 2020
  4. Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region

How to change region in Counter-Strike?

When I try to add Counter-Strike:Source to my games list and I fill in the key, I get a message saying: This prduct is only valid for Russia and nearby territories. Since you are not currently in this region, this product code cannot be activated. I am in Russia, so there must be somthing wrong with the settings. Any way to change my region?

Dark Falcon, Mar 20, 2020
Thema:

Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region

1. Google Region settings in Chrome keep reverting back to Current Region - Similar Threads - Google Region settings

2. Region Settings on Windows 10

in Cortana
    Region Settings on Windows 10: Hello, I have a question regarding Microsoft's region settings on Windows 10.Even if I am not living in the US, if I set my Region Settings to United States, will it be deemed illegal by Microsoft?Hope I was able to ask clearly. The reason why I ask this, is because when I...
  3. Different regional keyboard settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different regional keyboard settings: Hello,I have Windows 10 10 Pro Edition, version 20H2, OS build 19042.985, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.2020.0By default I have UK regional settings enabled. After enabling BitLocker I realised that during start up default keyboard settings are US, not UK. So...
  4. How to set permanent Chrome browser region settings in Google search?

in Browsers and Email
    How to set permanent Chrome browser region settings in Google search?: I'm changing my Google Chrome search seting and they don't change back to defult except the regoin setting. I want the region would be the USA, even though I live in Israel, but it changing back to current region. It's happened after I clearing all history, cookies, etc. (I...
  5. Region settings

Region settings: Dear All, I have a problem with region setting. I need to customize date format for two different languages. I would like that both english US and spanish Spain short date formats are dd-MMM-yyyy. I change english without problem, then I switch to spanish and change it...
  6. Region settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Region settings: Has the 2004 edition of win 10 pro have different Region setting to the 1909 win 10 edition because I have a program that keeps asking to adjust the reign settings to allow it to work . After changing all different settings i still get the fault. The program...
  7. No region date

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No region date: I work on server 2012 clients cant work bcuz of region time and date it needs to be dd/mm/yyyy but that aint an option region is dutch and so is the language submitted by /u/Saibotnl1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ew56qt/no_region_date/
  8. Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale

Group Policy Preferences Regional Settings - Regional format Unknown Locale: Hi all, We have a problem with GPO Regional settings, DC servers Windows Server 2016 standard, all workstation are Windows 10 Pro. We need to change Regional format, we make changes on GPO, force update policy, but on workstation side Regional Format is Unknown locale like...
  9. Keyboard or regional location settings

Keyboard or regional location settings: My at symbol '@' and my ' " ' symbols have changed places and i am unable to find the settings to change them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-or-regional-location-settings/2600e103-00ae-4831-bea3-cb899e8fc08a
  10. Region-Language change back

Region-Language change back: I messed up, I changed my language to Spanish )mex9c0=, I want to change it back to US English, how do I do that_ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/region-language-change-back/a0de07ac-1330-451d-a360-19e4fda91584