Windows 10: Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection

Discus and support Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; We’re always working to make sure your data is protected, whether you’re using Google products or checking out your favorite websites and apps. Today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection

Source: Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection

:)

Brink, Feb 5, 2019

2. How to disable Password protection for user account?

*Original Title: password protection

all of a sudden I now need a password to mopen account never had before don't like don't want. I have googled and did all they have suggested even say ing don't want password protection at power options. Still requires password any suggestions to getting
    rid of this requirement. Appreciate any help . Would I be able to go back to win 8 never had problems with .

bakerman747, Feb 5, 2019
  3. password protect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you referring to BIOS password as Boot password?
    • Is it a login password which you are referring when Windows starts?
    If Login password, provided you are using Local Account on Windows 10 you may follow the below steps:
    • Press Windows + R keys to open Run command
    • Type " control userpasswords2 "
    • Select the account and uncheck "user must login with password"
    • Select apply and Ok.
    If Boot password you may have to contact your computer manufacturer.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 5, 2019
  4. Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection

New Administrator account with windows 10 AU - not password protected

Last week, I got Windows 10 AU and now find that I have two admin accounts - my original admin account (password protected) and this new Admin account which is not password protected. I also have a password protected "work" account which I use on a daily basis.

I couldn't find a way of deleting the new account so looked at making it password protected but get a message " If you do this Administrator will lose all EFS-encripted files, personal certificates and stored passwords for web sites and network resources".

I certainly don't feel comfortable having an admin account that anyone can access - especially by a hijacker.

What would anyone suggest - leave as is or password protect. Incidently, I did come across something that I could deactivate the account but, in my low tech knowledge, it would still be there for a hijacker to damage my computer.

Abstemious, Feb 5, 2019
Thema:

Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection

1. Google rolls out Password Checkup and Cross Account Protection - Similar Threads - Google rolls Password

2. Google Android 11 rolling out to Pixel devices first

in Windows 10 News
    Google Android 11 rolling out to Pixel devices first: A few times a year, your Pixel receives a boost with software updates that send new features, tricks, and apps to your phone. And this time, with new Pixel-first features on Android 11, your Pixel has even more smarts to make it better and more helpful—like giving...
  3. Better password protections in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Better password protections in Google Chrome: Many of us have encountered malware, heard of data breaches, or even been a victim of phishing, where a site tries to scam you into entering your passwords and other sensitive information. With all this considered, data security has become a top concern for many people...
  4. Verified SMS and Spam Protection rolling out on Google Messages

in Windows 10 News
    Verified SMS and Spam Protection rolling out on Google Messages: In addition to enhancing messaging on Android with Rich Communication Services (RCS) and bringing you helpful features with Messages, we also want to provide a safer messaging experience. Today we have two new updates to share on that front. Trustworthy business messages...
  5. New Password Checkup built-in password manager for Google Account

in Windows 10 News
    New Password Checkup built-in password manager for Google Account: We’ve all been there. Compromising security for convenience, we put our personal information at risk with poor password habits. One in four Americans use common passwords—like Abc123, Password1111, and L: [email protected] Sixty-six percent of Americans admit to using the...
  6. Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop

in Windows 10 News
    Google rolling out redesigned News tab in Search on desktop: Over the next couple weeks we’re rolling out a redesigned News tab in Search on desktop. The refreshed design makes publisher names more prominent and organizes articles more clearly to help you find the news you need. Check it out: Tweet — Twitter API (@User) View on...
  7. Google begins rolling out dynamic email in Gmail

in Windows 10 News
    Google begins rolling out dynamic email in Gmail: Over the past decade, our web experiences have changed enormously—evolving from static flat content to interactive apps. Yet email has largely stayed the same with static messages that eventually go out of date, or are merely a springboard to accomplish a more complex task....
  8. Google's new Password Checkup Chrome extension?

in Browsers and Email
    Google's new Password Checkup Chrome extension?: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...jodfhijclecjno Came across this for the the first time today. Anyone using this and care to comment? TIA. 126669
  9. In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    In my google account's security checkup> recent security events one changed password event...: I changed my google account password a couple of times on my desktop today (firefox browser), but when I view my google account, in its security checkup> recent security events one changed password event is extra. I changed password once and after hours only I changed once...
  10. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default: Four months ago we announced that we’d be moving to HTML5 By Default to offer a safer, more power-efficient experience. As a reminder, this change disables Adobe Flash Player unless there’s a user indication that they want Flash content on specific sites, and eventually all...