Windows 10: Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

Discus and support Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kureome, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Kureome Win User

Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my windows start button either by clicking on it and I have to use the windows button instead but it would still close sometimes. A few days ago I installed a windows update and it’s been buggy ever since. When I logged into my computer it was a black screen with only a cursor and I followed this method made by Suvese:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-black-screen-with-cursor-after-login/1d471d5f-c88e-

:)

Kureome, Jun 12, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 12, 2021
  3. KevinCiz Win User
    Can't Type inside the Search Bar (i can only type 1 letter and it will freeze and close the search bar)

The only way to use the search right now is by using Voice To Speech through Cortana, i cant manually type in what i want to search...

For example i want to type Testing.... when i type the letter T the search bar will freeze and whatever i key in wont be shown and search bar will close automatically a few second later... Help me pls !

i've tried PowerShell code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}, and many other ways that i could possibly
    googled.

Is there anyway for me to reinstall my search bar?... This happened after i did a clean reinstall of windows 10.

KevinCiz, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing - Similar Threads - Google search bar

2. Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous dots when trying to type into search bar: I have tried different keyboards, mouse, touch screen, fresh install of windows and problem persists. Any other suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continuous-dots-when-trying-to-type-into-search/60e9425e-15da-4ec2-9077-58289ab7bdcf
  3. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Cortana
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  4. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters: I have tried safe mode, it didnt work there.I tried reinstalling the app, didnt work. Any other ways I can get to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-keeps-closing-before-i-get-to-type-any/b537b00e-6e5e-432d-bd22-d378d609873c
  5. Search bar keeps closing before I get to type any letters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar: A little while back I stopped being able to type in my search bar and just today when I tried to open my settings app it flashes for a brief second and then closes instantly and I cannot change anything. I cannot reinstall Windows or anything since I can't open my settings...
  7. Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar: A little while back I stopped being able to type in my search bar and just today when I tried to open my settings app it flashes for a brief second and then closes instantly and I cannot change anything. I cannot reinstall Windows or anything since I can't open my settings...
  8. Settings app instantly closes when I try to open it and I cannot type in the search bar

in Windows 10 Customization
  9. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.: When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-closing-when-i-try-to-write-something/c88740fc-749c-4c96-820d-cc024a78386d
  10. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...