Windows 10: Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

Discus and support Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kureome, Jun 12, 2021.

1. Kureome Win User

Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing

Google keeps erasing all the letters that I try to type into the search bar and some of the apps I open seem to close on its own, I can’t access my windows start button either by clicking on it and I have to use the windows button instead but it would still close sometimes. A few days ago I installed a windows update and it’s been buggy ever since. When I logged into my computer it was a black screen with only a cursor and I followed this method made by Suvese:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-black-screen-with-cursor-after-login/1d471d5f-c88e-

:)

Kureome, Jun 12, 2021
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jun 12, 2021
  3. KevinCiz Win User
    Can't Type inside the Search Bar (i can only type 1 letter and it will freeze and close the search bar)

The only way to use the search right now is by using Voice To Speech through Cortana, i cant manually type in what i want to search...

For example i want to type Testing.... when i type the letter T the search bar will freeze and whatever i key in wont be shown and search bar will close automatically a few second later... Help me pls !

i've tried PowerShell code: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}, and many other ways that i could possibly
    googled.

Is there anyway for me to reinstall my search bar?... This happened after i did a clean reinstall of windows 10.

KevinCiz, Jun 12, 2021
  4. Leah01 Win User

Search bar not responding to typed input after 6/12/18 Windows Update

I did the 06/12/18 Windows Update (Windows 10 Home 64 bit), and now the search bar doesn't respond to any typed input. I type in the first few letters, and the search/Cortana window just closes on me and the Search bar is blank. Cannot open apps or do any searching via the bar.

Any suggestions, please?

Leah01, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Google search bar erases my letters when I try to type and programs closing - Similar Threads - Google search bar

2. When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I type Windows Search closes. I have tried everything.: Basically when I type a few letter into the Windows Search bar no results show up, I can't type anymore then the search bar closes. I have tried using DISM with multiple parameters, sfc, regedit, clearing my cache, Windows Search Troubleshooter, reindexing my files but...
  3. Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.

in Cortana
    Typing 1 letter in the search bar causes it to crash.: Recently I just have been using the desktop for a while and this is the first time that I got this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/typing-1-letter-in-the-search-bar-causes-it-to/68a0eaec-75e5-43d8-833a-771bf41a1068
  4. Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Search Bar closing when I try to write something in it.: When I write one letter in my search bar, it s just freezing 1 second and then closing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-bar-closing-when-i-try-to-write-something/c88740fc-749c-4c96-820d-cc024a78386d
  5. Microsoft programs crash when I try using the search bar.

in Cortana
    Microsoft programs crash when I try using the search bar.: So I've been having this issue for a long time, every solution I've seen online doesn't work. Basically, the issue is that I am unable to use any Microsoft search service; When I click on the search bar in the bottom left, it will just close the start menu. If I try to type...
  6. every time i try to type in google search bar it keeps entering it and searching it after i...

every time i try to type in google search bar it keeps entering it and searching it after i...: title submitted by /u/NINJAMASTEREPICNESS [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k4a70b/every_time_i_try_to_type_in_google_search_bar_it/
  7. everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    everything closes when i type 2 letters in browser: I have always used the browser to search. Today, when i tried this, all tabs closed. I had never used the bing search, however this is now the only way i can search. I tried cleaning cache, restarting, updating, and resetting. Still not resloved. This is maddening and I...
  8. Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter

in Cortana
    Cortana Search Bar Crashes when type a Letter: You can solve this problem with the solution given below: 1. Press Win Key + R on the keyboard 2. When the dialog box appears, Type Services in it then Press Enter on the keyboard 3. When the Services dialog box appears. Scroll down and find the option for "Windows...
  9. Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something

Search Bar keeps crashing when I try to type/click something: Title says it all, it stays up for like half a second then closes on me, this started happening like maybe 2-3 days ago?? Is anyone else having this issue? After some digging I saw that a lot of people were getting this same problem this week which makes me think it has...
  10. My search bar freezes when I type in it

in Windows 10 Support
    My search bar freezes when I type in it: Hi :) I navigate my computer by pressing the Windows key and then typing to search. Lately I've been experiencing issues, that it won't register that I'm typing, and/or it freezes when I type and I have to restart "Windows Explorer" Through the task manager. Additionally,...