Windows 10: Google search box history problem

Discus and support Google search box history problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello! I am wondering if you can permanently delete history from google search box. I've tried to do ctrl+h and in advanced settings deleting files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NickRiddle, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Google search box history problem

Hello!

I am wondering if you can permanently delete history from google search box. I've tried to do ctrl+h and in advanced settings deleting files from the start, but when I tried to type something again it saves yet again. Tried changing "myactivity" aswell, but nothing works. This is really annoying for me. Is there any solution or maybe extension to prevent saving searches?

I am thankful for any advices.

P.S. There's image to see what I mean, since my English isn't quite good enough.

Google search box history problem fd89560d-be4c-4ab9-bafd-e053bafe83f3?upload=true.png

:)

NickRiddle, Dec 5, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Dec 5, 2020
  3. search box history

I want to see my history list under the search box.

DavidAllen2, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Google search box history problem

Google Search History not saving

Thanks Bruce but still not sure I understand when I go into that link all that comes up it the Google search box in the middle of the screen, underneath is two options Google search and I'm feeling lucky, then underneath these two are option for different
    languages.

Sorry I have seen it now at the very bottom is the settings button and once in there it gives me the option to view my search history.

It was just easier previously when all you had to do with click on the downward arrow in your search box and all the sites you had visited came up in a list and then at the very bottom was the option to delete this history.

Really don't know why they have to change the way google works it seemed fine to me before, but I suppose I'm no expert.

Thanks again

happyhotspur1418, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Google search box history problem

1. Google search box history problem - Similar Threads - Google search box

2. Using the search box in File History

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the search box in File History: I have data from a previously owned laptop secured via File History. When I look for files using the Restore from File History interface, I noticed that the search box seems to only look for files that start with the text entered. So if I put "lamb" in the search box, it...
  3. Using the search box in File History

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the search box in File History: I have data from a previously owned laptop secured via File History. When I look for files using the Restore from File History interface, I noticed that the search box seems to only look for files that start with the text entered. So if I put "lamb" in the search box, it...
  4. Using the search box in File History

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Problems with Google Search

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Google Search: I am having trouble with my version of Windows 10 Professional. It comes under the category of unwanted pop ups, but this is new. If I go to google and input a query say about Windows 10, well I get the search results. However, in the top line on the screen it gives me a...
  6. Problems with Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Google Search: I am having trouble with my version of Windows 10 Professional. It comes under the category of unwanted pop ups, but this is new. If I go to google and input a query say about Windows 10, well I get the search results. However, in the top line on the screen it gives me a...
  7. Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse click not working on Google Search Suggestion Box: I did about two hours of research on this, and only found several similar issue, and none seem to have had a real fix. Some say it randomly stopped working, and then randomly started working again, and just about all said they reset about everything they can think of (which I...
  8. IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

in Browsers and Email
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?: Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either. I have...
  9. Bing Search history problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Bing Search history problem: Hi, I am using the Edge browser. I have a problem with my Bing Search History. Even though Ive cleared my Bing Search history and set the Search History switch to OFF under Change History settings/Show my recent searches in Search history...I have checked under...
  10. Disabling Search History In Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Search History In Google Search: I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I hope that someone can assist me in this matter. Thank you. Regards, 92456