Windows 10: Google Search in Taskbar?

Discus and support Google Search in Taskbar? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is it possible to get a google search bar for the taskbar, which opens a popup for the results, but doesn't open the browser? Similar to how the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tonysopranoxcvii, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Google Search in Taskbar?

Is it possible to get a google search bar for the taskbar, which opens a popup for the results, but doesn't open the browser? Similar to how the cortana search shows results from bing, but does not actually open the browser. I want to use it for things like definitions and small bits of info when writing essays/studying. This way I don't need to have chrome and word open side by side, or need to open chrome, do a search then minimise it.

Thank You for any suggestions

submitted by /u/tonysopranoxcvii
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tonysopranoxcvii, Jan 16, 2020
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Taskbar search

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When you say "taskbar search function", do you mean the Start menu search field?
    • Are you getting any error messages upon accessing the taskbar search?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the System file checker and DISM tool to fix issues with corrupted system files that may be causing the issue. To do this, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type or copy these commands followed by hitting Enter:

sfc /scannow

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Jan 16, 2020
  4. Google Search in Taskbar?

Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

Google Search in Taskbar?

1. Google Search in Taskbar? - Similar Threads - Google Search Taskbar

2. Google Default Search

in Cortana
    Google Default Search: Soooo I screwed up and decided to try microsoft rewards. Not sure why, probably boredom. Now bing is my default search EVEN IN CHROME. How do I make it Google again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-default-search/f9b24ff7-941d-4113-abde-9c5e18c67f0f
  3. Google Search Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Search Display: RE - Homepage Please see the attached image - How do I open a full page? The way it is now the homepage is 50% but I need it to open 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-search-display/8df7aaa1-2120-465f-91f7-6690d136599d
  4. Google Search Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Search Display: RE - Homepage Please see the attached image - How do I open a full page? The way it is now the homepage is 50% but I need it to open 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-search-display/8df7aaa1-2120-465f-91f7-6690d136599d
  5. Problems with Google Search

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Google Search: I am having trouble with my version of Windows 10 Professional. It comes under the category of unwanted pop ups, but this is new. If I go to google and input a query say about Windows 10, well I get the search results. However, in the top line on the screen it gives me a...
  6. Problems with Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems with Google Search: I am having trouble with my version of Windows 10 Professional. It comes under the category of unwanted pop ups, but this is new. If I go to google and input a query say about Windows 10, well I get the search results. However, in the top line on the screen it gives me a...
  7. Google Taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Taskbar?: Recently I've got two task bars, well a google one at the top how do I get rid of it? Because it takes up the top of the screen an i don't really like it there. Anything that can help me would be nice. Thanks....
  8. google search

in Browsers and Email
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  9. google search

in Windows 10 Support
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  10. Google search for Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Google search for Edge: I have set Google as my search engine for Edge but when I launch Edge I get msn.com with the Bing. I have followed the tutorial and its not working. In settings under "search in the address bar with" it shows Google. Is it that you just use the address bar and it...