Windows 10: Google search is hijacked to yahoo

Discus and support Google search is hijacked to yahoo in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by NanookTC, May 5, 2020.

1. NanookTC Win User

Google search is hijacked to yahoo

My security is up to date but something is hijacking my browser from google to yahoo and who knows what else it is doing. I've reinstalled windows but it is still happening. How do I fix this?

:)

NanookTC, May 5, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Microsoft Edge Hijacked by yahoo

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What do you mean by Microsoft Edge hijacked by yahoo?

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Microsoft Edge?

• What are the steps have you tried?

• Since when are you facing the issue?

Reply with necessary information so that we can assist you better.

Thanks and Regards.

Arun B J, May 5, 2020
  3. Shaurija Win User
    Windows 10: Search Engine changed to Google but still searches with Yahoo: Firefox, Edge, Chrome

I can change the default search engine to Google on Firefox/Chrome/Edge, but whenever I search something, it still searches with Yahoo despite the default being Google.

My Process:

Firefox:

Step 1.

Click on the Magnifying Glass in the Search Box: Go to Change Search Settings

Default Search Engine: Select Google

Google now shows as the default search engine. Even when I open the magnifying glass on the search box, Google is shown as the search engine being used- But when I actually search, it searches with Yahoo. The only way I can successfully use the search box
    to search with Google is to take it off default so that I can click the google symbol when I open magnifying glass (when I click the symbol while it's the default, it searches with Yahoo instead).

Step 2.

Go back to Change Search Settings

Remove Yahoo from the One-Click Search Engines

The problem persists anyway.

Chrome:

Click on the stack of lines on the right: Go to Settings

Under Search: Click on Manage Search Engines...

Hover over Google: Make Default

Hover over Yahoo: Click on the X and remove it

Click Done

Search in the Omnibox and... It still uses Yahoo.

Microsoft Edge:

Click on the 3 Dots on the Right: Go to Settings

Go to View Advanced Settings

Find "Search in the address bar with" and click Change

Open Google's Homepage so that it can discover it

Click on the discovered Google and Select: Set as Default

Click on Yahoo and Select: Remove

(Bing, the only other search engine provided in the list, can't be removed even though it isn't the default search engine)

Still searches with Yahoo.

Please Help.

Shaurija, May 5, 2020
  4. Edwin Win User

my default search eng is google but i see yahoo on the tab

Chrome/Settings/Search Engine: Yahoo►'Remove from this List'

Google search is hijacked to yahoo [​IMG]

Edwin, May 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Google search is hijacked to yahoo - Similar Threads - Google search hijacked

2. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  3. Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Searching in Yahoo when searching in normal Google Chrome, links like ''laxsearch'' can be...: Hello, when I try to search something on Google Chrome, it directs me to Yahoo automatically and weird links are visible in the searchbar like ''Laxsearch''. I tried to go into my extensions and see if the problems were there and yup, Laxsearch was there as an extension. When...
  4. remove hijacker search

remove hijacker search: How can I remove the Yahoo search engine. Prefer using Microsoft tools only. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/remove-hijacker-search/4205478c-57b0-4382-8b84-fb8878a7e08d
  5. Removing "Cool New Tab Theme" virus & Yahoo! Search Hijacker from Chrome

Removing "Cool New Tab Theme" virus & Yahoo! Search Hijacker from Chrome: Anyone else suddenly seeing the yahoo! search engine with an unusual name in front of it?! It's plaguing the best of us, and I had a question about how to remove this low-level hijacker search all week. I have scoured the Interwebs for the answer. The usual answers were not...
  6. Google and Yahoo

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google and Yahoo: So I'm searching something like what is 2+2 on Google and while it is loading and the search at the top says coolnewtabtheme and then goes straight too Yahoo here is the link what can I do to fix it here's the...
  7. 80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    80% of the time when I google something in google chrome it opens a search on yahoo?: On the other occasion, it will even open a random site related to it. For example, I was doing some research on a famous geologist named Charles Lyell, when I clicked to the Wikipedia website it opened a Wallmart page for a painting of him. Help please. submitted by...
  8. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!: Both my Surface and my desktop updated on 1/17. Suddenly every time I do a search in Google, "my search" redirects to Bing. I've tried deleting and references to Bing on my root drive - my system says I don't have permissions! I tried going through the apps uninstall, the...
  9. search engine hijack

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    search engine hijack: hi , had my gmail email account hi jacked by a search-switch dot com how do I delete it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-engine-hijack/8136a05a-33e4-4598-8dc6-a2db274369ee
  10. Search on page hijack

Search on page hijack: My problem is unique. When entering in a search, web site or anything, the entry window changes to a Search on page drop down. this happens on IE, Edge and others. I need to retype my request sometinges 2-3 times to get it to search for the connection I need. Search on page...