Windows 10: Google Search new advancements to understand searches better

Discus and support Google Search new advancements to understand searches better in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If there’s one thing I’ve learned over the 15 years working on Google Search, it’s that people’s curiosity is endless. We see billions of searches... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google Search new advancements to understand searches better

Source: Understanding searches better than ever before

:)

Brink, Oct 26, 2019
  2. fussybob Win User

IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Google as default search

On my new Samsung Notebook 9 I want to make Google the default search engine in Internet Explorer. I open Explorer, click on tools, click on manage add-ons and then click on search providers. That shows me a list which includes Bing (twice) and Google.
    In the far right column under "search suggestions" Bing is listed as "enabled" and Google is listed as "not available." How do I make Google available?

JosephHHarrisonJr, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Search Question

I've done some searching on here over the years, and mostly been aggravated at the results. Case in point: 5 minutes ago I went to search for anyone having issues with 5.1 audio on Wolfenstein new order. So, I started simple with
    New Order
    . that didn't go well. So, I swapped to "New Order". That gave me this result

Search Results for Query: "new order"
    • The following words were not included in your search because they are too short, too long, or too common: new
    Is there any way to change or improve our search engine? Or is there a better way to search for something like that?

Ahhzz, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Search new advancements to understand searches better - Similar Threads - Google Search advancements

2. Google Search Display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Search Display: RE - Homepage Please see the attached image - How do I open a full page? The way it is now the homepage is 50% but I need it to open 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-search-display/8df7aaa1-2120-465f-91f7-6690d136599d
  3. Google Search Display

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Search Display: RE - Homepage Please see the attached image - How do I open a full page? The way it is now the homepage is 50% but I need it to open 100%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-search-display/8df7aaa1-2120-465f-91f7-6690d136599d
  4. google search

in Browsers and Email
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  5. google search

in Windows 10 Support
    google search: Hi, when I click on google search button, it connects to page and instantly, the page goes dull and will not respond to any instructions. This seems to have happened since last Windows update. Help please, thanks Best regards. David 150578
  6. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  7. Better search tool for windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Better search tool for windows: Hi, I work on windows and have to search in text files, and wonder if there is little better tool support ... I would like to have it: - search in many text files (best filtered by file extension / name / pattern) - search for texts / patterns - there should be some support...
  8. Advanced searching

in Windows 10 Support
    Advanced searching: Under windows 7. I can search files from any period 5/10/2007 - 12/11/2010. Under windows 10 I can only search Today, Yesterday, This week, Last Week, This month, Last month, This year, last year. This is stupid. Can't search before last year. 116567
  9. I need a better understanding of Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    I need a better understanding of Google Chrome: I just read on another post that Google Chrome is the most popular browser in the world. I'm interested in trying it on one of my computers but have seen problems on some of my friends computers. In this past month 2 of my friends had similar problems: slow as slow goes...
  10. Disabling Search History In Google Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Disabling Search History In Google Search: I have been trying to disable the Google Search History which shows up every time I use Google but cannot find any instructions on how to do it. I hope that someone can assist me in this matter. Thank you. Regards, 92456