Windows 10: google search with firefox gets reloaded?

Discus and support google search with firefox gets reloaded? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; bit of an odd question. when using firefox, i search (google by default) with the old separate search box. noticed today (or last day or 2?) that it... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by pzhndal, Mar 18, 2018.

1. pzhndal Win User

google search with firefox gets reloaded?

bit of an odd question. when using firefox, i search (google by default) with the old separate search box. noticed today (or last day or 2?) that it opens the results in a new tab (which is normal), but that is then reloaded immediately.

it would appear it first opens a google page with results, then redirects to another different google page.
    eg.. from
    bbc - Recherche Google
    to
    bbc - Recherche Google string of alphanumeric stuff without the brackets]

seems innocuous enough, just somewhat irritating even though the redirect is fast

wonder if it's just google doing its thing or if it's something caused by stuff like noscript/ublock origin/umatrix or some firefox setting.

just curious.

:)

pzhndal, Mar 18, 2018

2. Firefox for Windows 10

Downloaded Firefox from Mozilla.org

Originally downloaded from a google search for Firefox. The downloads are all the same...I get re-directed to an app store and it goes no further...no install.

J. KirbyVan Zandt, Mar 18, 2018
  3. Bing in windows Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393

My preferred browser is Firefox, even though it is set for google it still switches to Bing. Is there a way to get it set to Google and have it stay there without Bing opening when I do a search.

Marie-JoséeSimon, Mar 18, 2018
  4. pzhndal Win User

oddly enough.. that's not the case anymore this morning.. (so far anyway)..

or rather... as before it opens up in new tab (eg.. searching bbc)
    bbc - Recherche Google
    then when the page loads, the url is shown as
    bbc - Recherche Google alphanumeric stuff again]

pzhndal, Mar 19, 2018
  5. Callender Win User
    Callender, Mar 20, 2018
  6. pzhndal Win User
    what do those plugins do precisely?

ps.. it's back to redirecting again today XD think it's something on google's end.

pps.. and just like that it's stopped redirecting.. someone at google playing with me XD

pzhndal, Mar 22, 2018
  7. Callender Win User
    Callender, Mar 22, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

It could be that Google is re-directing you to 'Region Specific' results,
    Try experimenting with
    google search with firefox gets reloaded? [​IMG]
    , (no country redirect), as your search platform.

Edwin, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. google search with firefox gets reloaded? - Similar Threads - google search firefox

2. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  3. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?: This is a genuine question from me that I always ask myself. If I stay on the results page, am I safe? Is it likely or is it not? Sorry for all the questions but I have one more, how does it work if possible? Google , Firefox , and Edge...
  4. Can you get your Windows hacked by a Google,Firefox, or Edge Search?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I cant get firefox or google to work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I cant get firefox or google to work: So i can download both firefox and google, but they wont open on my computer. Ive made sure and my computer is update on windows and its on the current update. I cant even open google but when i restart my computer i can open firefox to the regular browser saying its offline...
  6. Signing into Google in Firefox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Signing into Google in Firefox: I'm currently on Windows 10. When I sign into Google in Firefox, close the Firefox application and open it up again it doesn't remember that I signed into Google. How do I set Firefox so that I stay signed into Google. submitted by /u/Maximus34672 [link] [comments]...
  7. Firefox - search with google irritation

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - search with google irritation: On my workstation I've had Firefox for many years, updating as required, and now at 65.0.2 (64bit). A short while back I recall seeing a bar pop up under the URL window as I entered data, with suggested search results a la 'search with google' I found this irritating and...
  8. why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?

in Browsers and Email
    why is FireFox (and Google) suddenly directing searches to a PUP site?: Staritng about yesterday, MalwareBytes Anti-Malware keeps blocking search results, because the search result wants to bring up mps.eanswers.com. I'm using FireFox V 63.0, 64-bit version. I edited FireFox preferences to remove all search engines except Google from my search...
  9. Getting Google on Firefox

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Getting Google on Firefox: I have my default search engine set for Google in Firefox. But Firefox will not allow google to come up. I get this error message: "Firefox prevented this page from automatically redirecting to another page". It does this twice after I click "allow" and then instead of...
  10. Bing to google for firefox

in Browsers and Email
    Bing to google for firefox: don't know if it has been posted yet but Install this script and no more bing with cortana *Party Bing to Google 13043