Windows 10: Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search

Discus and support Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Like Microsoft, Google is also actively working on cross-platform UI solutions. Flutter is an open-source UI framework for desktop, mobile, and web.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 26, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search

Like Microsoft, Google is also actively working on cross-platform UI solutions. Flutter is an open-source UI framework for desktop, mobile, and web. Google’s Flutter-based apps are already available on the web and mobile platforms, and Google is also actively working on Windows 10 support.

Earlier this year, Google published Flutter-based UWP apps for Windows 10, which were meant to be ‘proof of concept’.

Google allows developers to use Flutter as a single code base for writing apps for Android, iOS, and now Windows 10. The Flutter team at Google believes in cross-platform development and their vision is similar to Microsoft’s Universal Windows Platform (UWP)

The UWP support, which was added earlier this year, should help developers bring their mobile apps to Windows 10.

Yesterday, Google published a new UWP Flutter app that uses Unsplash API to enable a new photo search experience. The Unsplash API uses modern JSON API to render content from Unplash (one of the best platforms for freely-usable images) and the experience is surprisingly smooth.

Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search Google-Flutter-desktop.jpg

The app is titled “Flutter Desktop Photo Search” and it’s another proof of concept (not intended for consumer use). Google is currently targeting desktop PCs, but the app also works well on more mobile solutions like Surface Go with and without touch support.

It’s worth noting that the demo app published by Google is scrapping photos from the web, but it’s still offering a native experience with an adaptive user interface, which is impressive.

Using Google Flutter, developers can soon create wallpaper apps and photo viewer that will work across all platforms including Windows 10.

It’s unclear when Google will bring its own consumer apps to the Microsoft Store, but you can expect third-party Windows 10 apps based on Flutter platform next year.

Developers can already begin writing apps using Flutter and target both mobile and desktop PCs. According to Google, there are currently more than “100,000 Flutter apps in the Google Play Store”.

The post Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 26, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Google announces alpha release of Flutter support for Windows 10

Read more: Announcing Flutter Windows Alpha | Flutter

Brink, Nov 26, 2020
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Nov 26, 2020
  4. Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search

Google Photos not visible in Pictures library

Hi Jdmuratore,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. Were you able to see the Google photos folder in the File Explorer Pictures Library previously?
    2. Have you enabled the Sync feature in the Google Drive app?
    3. Are you able see the photos in the path under "C:\Users\,username>\Google Drive\Google Photos?

However, let us follow these methods to check if that works.

Method 1: Suggest you to Index the Google Drive folder and check if that helps. Refer to the suggestion provided by ‘Marc Cai’ from this thread:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/windows-10-search-does-not-show-google-drive/c1560c83-0e77-4387-8ac0-d3e945729c16

Method 2: Suggest you to refer to the steps from this Google article to see if that helps.
    See photos & videos with Google Photos & Google Drive:
    https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6156103?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en&oco=0

Alternatively, you may also contact
    Google support
    for further help.

Note: Since the websites are not hosted by Microsoft, the links may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Let us know the result of the steps performed so that we can help you further.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Nov 26, 2020
Thema:

Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search

1. Google shows off its Flutter app for Windows 10 with new Photo Search - Similar Threads - Google shows off

2. Google Photos-took photos off my phone and added them to the app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Photos-took photos off my phone and added them to the app: Hi, i need urgent help please. I have an Samsung A53, unfortunately Google Photos removed photos and videos from my phone and uploaded them to my google photos app. I have recently purchased a SD card with 128GB and would now like to install these photos back onto my phone....
  3. Google Photos-took photos off my phone and added them to the app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Google Photos-took photos off my phone and added them to the app: Hi, i need urgent help please. I have an Samsung A53, unfortunately Google Photos removed photos and videos from my phone and uploaded them to my google photos app. I have recently purchased a SD card with 128GB and would now like to install these photos back onto my phone....
  4. New video editor in Google Photos app

in Windows 10 News
    New video editor in Google Photos app: [ATTACH] Last year, we launched a new, more helpful photo editor in the Google Photos app on Android with easy-to-use granular adjustments and smart suggestions to help perfect your shots. Today, we’re adding even more editing capabilities to Google Photos so...
  5. Google announces alpha release of Flutter support for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google announces alpha release of Flutter support for Windows 10: Our mission is to provide developers with an open source, high-productivity framework for building beautiful, native apps on any platform. So far, we’ve shipped production-quality support for Android and iOS, with eight stable releases and over 100,000 apps...
  6. Our first look at Google’s Flutter-based UWP apps for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Our first look at Google’s Flutter-based UWP apps for Windows 10: Flutter cross-platform UI framework is one of the fastest-growing languages on Github for mobile apps, web apps, and even desktop apps. Google first announced Flutter in December 2018 for the mobile platform before expanding the frameworks to the web, macOS, Linux, and now...
  7. MS Photos app freezing while searching for new photos

MS Photos app freezing while searching for new photos: I am attempting to move files from my iPhone X to my Windows 10 laptop via the Photos app. I have done this numerous times in the past including recently. I plugged in my phone via USB cable, the photos app opens and begins searching for new photos and videos, it finds what...
  8. A new look for Google Search

in Windows 10 News
    A new look for Google Search: Our goal with Search always has been to help people quickly and easily find the information that they’re looking for. Over the years, the amount and format of information available on the web has changed drastically—from the proliferation of images and video, to the...
  9. Cortana popup search page flutters

in Cortana
    Cortana popup search page flutters: So when I do a search on Cortana the black hello or black pop up search page flutters for 10 to 15 seconds then it's OK till next search. It does it on every search, Is there an issue with this or a fix ? New laptop with Windows 10 Pro 64, Thanks...
  10. Google Photos app

Google Photos app: So I had the Google Photos app installed in my computer and I loved when I discovered that it was available in the store, recently I formatted my PC and while reinstalling all my apps I noticed that it's no longer there. What happened?...