Windows 10: Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10

Discus and support Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google has been trying to reduce memory usage of Chrome on Windows 10 and Chrome 87 was recently shipped with performance upgrade. Unfortunately,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Nov 21, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10

Google has been trying to reduce memory usage of Chrome on Windows 10 and Chrome 87 was recently shipped with performance upgrade.

Unfortunately, Chrome still eats up a lot of RAM, but Google now claims that it’s working on another very useful change that should reduce memory usage and hopefully end its reputation as a RAM-hogging browser.

Chrome engineers are working on ‘PartitionAlloc FastMalloc’ to keep the worst-case active memory usage less than 10% for certain processes. In other words, Google will get better at RAM management and caching to improve the overall performance of the browser.

Google was originally planning to use Windows 10’s new feature called ‘SegmentHeap’, which is a modern heap implementation with memory improvements to reduce app’s overall RAM usage.

Microsoft claimed that it observed a substantial 27% reduction in memory usage of Chromium-based Edge after using Segment Heap and Google also confirmed that it’s willing to adopt it for Chrome.

Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10 Chrome-memory-usage.jpg

It now seems like Google has completely given up on ‘SegmentHeap’ feature because Microsoft is unable to offer “control over heap types”. Without control over heap types in Windows 10, Google says it’s not able to enable the segment heap for just some processes or just some heaps or both.

Segment Heap is also causing “performance regression” in CPU-intensive processes, and Google has abandoned the project.

As we mentioned above, Google is now planning to use a new function called PartitionAlloc FastMalloc instead of Segment heap.

This feature is basically a memory allocator to improve the browser’s security and performance at the same time.

Google will improve the browser cache by enabling dedicated partitions. When PartitionAlloc is enabled, the number of operations in Chrome will be optimized and it’s also designed to be extremely fast when allocating resources.

According to a commit, Google has already enabled this feature in Chrome Canary and it could be released to users next year.

In a Github post, Microsoft noted that they’re also making improvements to Segment Heap to address performance concerns. These improvements will benefit all browsers and Microsoft will backport the improved version of Segment Heap to older versions of Windows 10 via monthly cumulative updates.

The post Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Nov 21, 2020

2. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Nov 21, 2020
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Nov 21, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Google still plans to fix Chrome’s biggest problem on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google still plans

2. A problem in google chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A problem in google chrome: Hi and welcome. I have a problem when trying to search anything in google. This problem appeared a week ago, when trying to search for anything in Google, the error message that I will attach below appears. I've tried set the date and time again, I've tried changing wi-fi...
  3. Google Chrome is crashing on Windows 10 – here’s the fix

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome is crashing on Windows 10 – here’s the fix: A bug in the latest update today sees the Google Chrome browser consistently crash on Windows 10, according to numerous user reports. This issue affects Google Chrome on Windows 10 only and users haven’t flagged the same problem with the macOS or Linux versions. This crash...
  4. Windows 10: Google seeks Microsoft’s help to fix Chrome’s biggest problem

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Google seeks Microsoft’s help to fix Chrome’s biggest problem: After Microsoft started rolling out Windows 10 May 2020 Update, the tech giant claimed that it had found a way to fix Chromium-based browsers RAM usage. The fix is ‘Segment Heap’, which is now included in Windows 10 and it should help reduce memory usage with some Win32...
  5. Problem with Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with Google Chrome: When I'm in my email app and click a link, google chrome flashes orange on my task bar showing a tab opened but stays minimized. I'm new to windows 10 and this issue. I have looked at the settings and have yet to fix it, which is frustrating for me since I usually figure it...
  6. Google Chrome problem?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome problem?: Since updating to Windows 10 every time I go to a web site a pop up states "do you want this app to make changes to your computer?" It states it's Google Chrome. This has never happened before and how do I make it stop? Thank you!...
  7. Fix ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error on Google Chrome on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error on Google Chrome on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Google Chrome is the world’s most used web browser. But like any other software, it is prone to errors. One such error is the ERR_UNSAFE_PORT error. This is caused due to data being accessed using a port that is not recommended. [...] This post Fix...
  8. google chrome problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    google chrome problem: I have a laptop, about five years old, has Windows 8.11. It recently had a complete power failure. I just got it working again and after booting up I noticed there were websites I couldn't get to; claimed the website was not responding. Amazon, ebay and some others like my...
  9. Fixing to dump Google Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Fixing to dump Google Chrome: II open Chrome, do my searches etc. etc. When I am done, I go to Ccleaner and clean. Go back to chrome an open history - clean nothing there except for the current browser opening. I then go to the search box and type in ONE LETTER and a box opens off the search box showing...
  10. Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Roll-out plan for HTML5 by Default: Four months ago we announced that we’d be moving to HTML5 By Default to offer a safer, more power-efficient experience. As a reminder, this change disables Adobe Flash Player unless there’s a user indication that they want Flash content on specific sites, and eventually all...