Windows 10: Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

Discus and support Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I add any events to my google calendar, I don't get any indications that they have synched to windows calendar, I press the time date in the lower... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BerryBenson, Jun 23, 2020.

1. Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

If I add any events to my google calendar, I don't get any indications that they have synched to windows calendar, I press the time date in the lower right corner, when it opens a wheel spins but no change takes place. I have to manually open the mail program for changes to synch, and if I close the program synching will stop again. Hi, My issue is that I have to open the calendar program for windows to sync my changes to google calendar. I have enabled email and calendar: to run in the background, notifications, to run on start up, access contacts. If I click on the time panel in the task bar when the calendar opens a wheel spins but no changes appear in the calendar.

:)

BerryBenson, Jun 23, 2020

2. Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

If I add any events to my google calendar, I don't get any indications that they have synched to windows calendar, I press the time date in the lower right corner, when it opens a wheel spins but no change takes place. I have to manually open the mail program for changes to synch, and if I close the program synching will stop again. Hi, My issue is that I have to open the calendar program for windows to sync my changes to google calendar. I have enabled email and calendar: to run in the background, notifications, to run on start up, access contacts. If I click on the time panel in the task bar when the calendar opens a wheel spins but no changes appear in the calendar.

BerryBenson, Jun 23, 2020
  3. windows calendar is not synching

Hello,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the Calendar is not synching in Windows. We will help you.

• Is the Calendar not synching in Windows Phone or PC?
    If the Calendar is not synching in PC I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps you.

Let's try the below steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1: I suggest you to run the
    Troubleshooter for Windows App and see if it helps to resolve the issue.

Refer:
    Windows 10 Apps troubleshooter

Step 2: If the issue persists, then I suggest you to
    remove and reconfigure the account back in the Mail app.

Reconfiguring the account should force it to sync again and resolve the issue.

For reference: Refer:

Calendar app

Keep us posted if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 23, 2020
  4. s427 Win User

Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

Thema:

Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

1. Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar - Similar Threads - Google sync doesn't

2. How to synch windows 10 calendar with google calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to synch windows 10 calendar with google calendar: Hello,My Windows 10 Calendar no longer syncs with my Google Calendar.I only use the Windows calendar when I receive a meeting invitation in a format that doesn't automatically appear in my Google Calendar.Google is the only calendar I want to use.How can I get my Windows 10...
  3. Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sync Google calendar with Microsoft calendar: I have added my Google account to Microsoft calendar to no avail...deleting and adding again. And they just won't sync.I have windows 10 version 21h2....
  4. Sync Windows with Google Calendar

Sync Windows with Google Calendar: So I can't link my google calendar cause it's a different email than the one I use for the windows account? And you call that "the way I want it" ? No, it's very much the way you want it. Here's what I want: keep the current email address associated with this windows account...
  5. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar

Windows 10 calendar not syncing with google calendar: Hi, i noticed that events i put into my windows 10 calendar, which is on my laptop, are no longer syncing with my google calendars which are also on my laptop and more importantly my phone. This means if I only have my phone to look at I'm missing appointments. this sync...
  6. Windows 10 calendar not syncing with Google

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 calendar not syncing with Google: Hi guys - a strange one here. For years I have been syncing my Windows calendar with my Google calendar - both ways, full functionality. Today I noticed that my Windows 10 calendar will not sync TO Google - but it does receive dates/notes FROM Google calendar. And I can...
  7. syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar

syncing Windows 10 calendar with Google calendar: Fir years I have been successfully syncing my calendars - my Windows 10 calendar and my Google calendar - both ways, full functionality. Today I have noticed that my Windows 10 calendar will not send dates/events to my Google calendar, although it works fine Google to Windows...
  8. Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft calendar not syncing with google calendar.: For some reason, my calendar stopped syncing with my google calendar. I had received a message to "fix" my Microsoft account. I did that and my calendar is no longer syncing. Mail is working fine. I have the calendar set up with my google account. Any suggestions on what I...
  9. Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar

in Windows 10 Support
    Google sync doesn't automatically synch with windows 10 calendar: If I add any events to my google calendar, I don't get any indications that they have synched to windows calendar, I press the time date in the lower right corner, when it opens a wheel spins but no change takes place. I have to manually open the mail program for changes to...
  10. Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows calendar sync with google calendar issue?: Hi, My issue is that I have to open the calendar program for windows to sync my changes to google calendar. I have enabled email and calendar: to run in the background, notifications, to run on start up, access contacts. If I click on the time panel in the task bar when the...