Windows 10: Google Sync

Discus and support Google Sync in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I repeatedly get messages to sync with Google though I have repeatedly done it via settings & confirmed request. If you look at settings it says sync... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mjpnouvelle, Mar 16, 2021.

1. Google Sync

I repeatedly get messages to sync with Google though I have repeatedly done it via settings & confirmed request. If you look at settings it says sync failed but mail is sync'd. I get this message almost daily - help!

:)

mjpnouvelle, Mar 16, 2021

2. Unable to sign in to Google Backup and Sync

Hello,
    I am having trouble logging in Google Backup and Sync on one particular Windows 10 PC in my house.
    It started around the April updates.
    All my other PCs could log in to Backup and Sync without problem, but my main PC cannot.
    I tried many methods (registry cleanup, firewall, antivirus, etc.) and even using the ISO to reinstall Windows 10 (still keeping my apps and files) but I still get an "Error Something went wrong. Your account might not have been added" message when I tried to log in on the first step for Backup and Sync after reinstalling the software. When tried to log in with a browser, after all the steps the browser got stuck on a blank page without anyway to proceed.
    I sought support from the Google Drive forum, but the suggestions they gave still did not solve my problem, and then they just gave up. I wonder if anyone here could help me?

Here is the error message (the next button was unresponsive): Imgur: The magic of the Internet
    I checked the log generated by Backup and Sync, and I noticed an error at the end and not sure if it is related: Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Here is the post I made on the Google Drive forum: https://productforums.google.com/for...ve/N3ZwAB6-R_c

Thank you

aoironowind, Mar 16, 2021
  3. s427 Win User
    Google account (mail / calendar) not syncing in Windows 10

I'm having a problem with the default Mail and Calendar apps in Windows 10. For a while I was able to sync my Google account emails (Gmail) and calendar in those apps, but about a week ago, it has stopped working: the calendar is empty (no events, and no calendars listed), and the emails that were already synced are still there, but syncing doesn't bring any new email.

I tried deleting my Google account from the mail (or calendar) app, by going to "settings -> accounts", and then re-creating the account. I did that three times. Each time I was able to complete the following steps:

1. enter my Gmail address,
    2. then my Google account password,
    3. then the confirmation code sent by SMS,
    4. and finally got to the screen "Windows would like to..." (permissions listing), on which I clicked "Accept" (obviously).

The first time, I then got a Windows message "Something went wrong", followed by an error code (I didn't write it down).

The second time, I didn't get this error message, so it looked like the account was successfully created (it appeared in my accounts list in the settings of those apps), but nothing was synced: both apps (mail / calendar) remained empty. (I tried syncing manually by clicking the sync button in the mail app: still nothing, even though the app confirmed that it was "up to date".)

For my third attempt, I had found this question, so I went and created an "app password" in my Google account, specifically for those apps. But when I got to the password screen (step 2 described above) and entered this app password instead of my regular account password, I got an error message (from Google) asking me to enter my account password and not an app password. So I did that, and that got me exactly the same result as my second attempt (account created but nothing synced).

I also tried both answers given on the same question (first via "settings > accounts > add account > Other account", and second via "settings > accounts > add account > Advanced setup"), but none of them worked for me (again, account created but nothing synced).

Has anyone experienced the same problems? How can I make this work?

UPDATE: a few months back (early October 2015) I received an email from Microsoft inviting me to "reconnect to Google" (that was the title of the email). I ignored it for a while, but recently followed the steps in this email and now everything seems to be working fine. So I'm guessing that MS somehow fixed whatever bug it was.

4. EAsonA Win User

Google Sync

syncing google contacts

Hi, NasraJamal. Is there any error code or message appearing in your phone's screen? In the meantime, try performing the suggestions below:

• Check your contacts by going to
    https://people.live.com/
    using a web browser.

• Sync the Google account setup on your phone by going to Settings > email+accounts > tap & hold Google > sync.

• Check if the Google contacts are filtered by going to People > ... > settings > filter my contacts list.

Let us know the outcome.

EAsonA, Mar 16, 2021
Thema:

Google Sync

1. Google Sync - Similar Threads - Google Sync

2. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  3. How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I use Google Drive and sync my computer with it?: I'd like to learn how to use Google Drive. I have about 11 thousand downloads stored on my computer, and I'd like to back them up into the cloud in case anything happens to my computer, but I have a few concerns and questions. My first and most important question is: How do I...
  4. The context menu has dropped the option to sync with Google Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The context menu has dropped the option to sync with Google Drive: I'm running Windows 11 Version 22H2 KB5030219I've seen and used the context menu option in the past to sync files or folders to Google Drive.But it appears that since the latest Windows update on 9/13 the option has disappeared it was always only visible when you selected...
  5. The context menu has dropped the option to sync with Google Drive

The context menu has dropped the option to sync with Google Drive: I'm running Windows 11 Version 22H2 KB5030219I've seen and used the context menu option in the past to sync files or folders to Google Drive.But it appears that since the latest Windows update on 9/13 the option has disappeared it was always only visible when you selected...
  6. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync: Hello,after few minutes from when the Google Drive for Desktop is uploading data I get a BSOD.Each time it seems to have these details:FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime Stringntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+410d29 fffff803`7a400000 fffff803`7b446000...
  7. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync

BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync: Hello,after few minutes from when the Google Drive for Desktop is uploading data I get a BSOD.Each time it seems to have these details:FilenameAddress In StackFrom AddressTo AddressSizeTime StampTime Stringntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+410d29 fffff803`7a400000 fffff803`7b446000...
  8. BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe makes a BSOD when Google Drive for Desktop is making a backup sync

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Microsoft Outlook will sync from Google Calendar but silently removes any appointment or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Outlook will sync from Google Calendar but silently removes any appointment or...: HelloI have my Google calendar added as an Internet Calendar in Outlook 365 via the secret link.Entries flow correctly from Google to Outlook 365, but any appointment I add in Outlook not only does not sync to Google, but vanishes altogether, silently, shortly afterwards. I...
  10. Microsoft Outlook will sync from Google Calendar but silently removes any appointment or...

Microsoft Outlook will sync from Google Calendar but silently removes any appointment or...: HelloI have my Google calendar added as an Internet Calendar in Outlook 365 via the secret link.Entries flow correctly from Google to Outlook 365, but any appointment I add in Outlook not only does not sync to Google, but vanishes altogether, silently, shortly afterwards. I...