Windows 10: Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

Discus and support Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google is experimenting with multiple changes on Chrome browser for Windows 10. According to the latest findings, the search engine giant is working on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

Google is experimenting with multiple changes on Chrome browser for Windows 10. According to the latest findings, the search engine giant is working on a dark mode and a feature similar to Microsoft Edge’s tab viewer.

Modern tabs

Microsoft Edge has failed to attract customers but the software giant has done great work on bringing new features and improvements such as the tab previewer. In Windows 10, Microsoft Edge can show a small thumbnail when you hover the mouse over open tabs.

It appears that Google is working on a similar feature and it’s called Tab Hover Cards. As spotted by Leo, in Google Chrome Canary, there is a flag called ‘Tab Hover Cards’ and according to the description, the feature is supposed to enable a popup containing tab information.

Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 Chrome-flags-menu.jpg

In Chrome Canary, you can enable the feature and here’s how it looks:

Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 Chrome-tab-hover.jpg

As you can see in the above screenshot, the browser does not display the thumbnail or the content of webpage like Edge browser does.

Dark mode for Chrome browser

A report published earlier this week also revealed that Google is testing dark mode on Windows 10. According to a finding, there is a way to enable the dark mode in Google Chrome Canary for Windows 10 but there are noticable glitches.

The post Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019
  2. Gowrish_S Win User

Missing Google Chrome system notification icon.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please answer these questions for us:

1. Was there any changes made on the computer prior to the issue?
    2. Are you able to see other notification icons?
    3. Have you tested the issue on a different user account?
    Please try this step and let us know:

As you have already tried enabling the settings in Google Chrome and Windows 10, I would suggest you to create a new user account by following the

link
    and test the issue.

Note- The notification icon will be missing if you access the Google Chrome in Incognito mode. Please access the browser in normal mode.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Gowrish S

Microsoft Community –Moderator

Gowrish_S, Jan 4, 2019
  3. P4-630 Win User
    YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Jan 4, 2019
  4. Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10

1. Google tests new tab hover cards, dark mode for Chrome on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Google tests tab

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  4. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  5. Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome for Windows gets experimental tab hover cards, new extensions menu: Google recently started testing a Microsoft Edge-like tab hover cards feature for Chrome and the feature was added to Chrome Canary in February. After testing the feature with Canary users, Google has added two new flags to Chrome 75 to enable new tab previewing experience....
  6. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  7. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  8. Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome Canary on Windows 10 gets new dark tab, downloads page: Multiple reports and findings last year revealed that Google Chrome is slated to support a built-in dark mode on Windows 10 soon. Currently, the search engine giant is testing this feature in Chrome Beta and Canary distributions. Dark theme is a new trend and it’s quite...
  9. Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome: How to: Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Card Images in Google Chrome How to Enable or Disable Tab Hover Cards and Tab Hover Card Images in Google Chrome Starting in Google Chrome 78, tooltips for tabs has been replaced by Tab Hover Cards. Tab Hover Cards enables a...
  10. Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser

in Windows 10 News
    Google is testing a new interface for single tab in Chrome browser: Being the most popular web browser with almost 60% market share, Google Chrome is already way ahead of the rivals. But that doesn’t stop Google from experimenting with new features to improve the user experience. Google is testing a new design for Chrome when a single tab is...