Windows 10: Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1

Discus and support Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Google will hammer one more nail in Flash's coffin with a feature that will soon prevent many Flash ads from displaying in Chrome desktop. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Aug 27, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1

Source

:)

labeeman, Aug 27, 2015

2. windows 10 upgrade

1. correct

Your Flash Version

Your browser name

Edge (ActiveX)

Your Operating System (OS)

Windows (Window 10)

3. ‎Wednesday, ‎September ‎23, ‎2015, ‏‎2:48:28 PM this is Avira Free

4. Google Chrome Version 61.0.3163.100 (Official Build) (64-bit)

5. NO

OCRanger117, Aug 27, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Update

1a. The Dell Laptop is delivered on 15 May 2016 and Warranty is 1 year.

1b. Dell Official Website

1c. Brand New

2. Come with Windows 10 Home when delivered.

3. Yes. Come with it also

4. Yes. The Mcafee is expired.

5. Adobe Flash Player Version 27.0.0.187

6. Google Chrome Version 62.0.3202.94

7. Clean Master is use once every month, However since September 2017 I have stop using.

GhostDeveloper, Aug 27, 2015
  4. Cliff S New Member

This is very good news(slowly and painfully killing those unsecure add-ons like JAVA and Flash Player) I have had Flash Player as "click-to-play" for the last couple of years now in all my browsers..

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  5. CountMike New Member
    I disabled automatic Flash on FF long time ago. If I want to I can enable it but do it very occasionally.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    With HTML5 as default these days, I think we only need Flash to view ads*Wink

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    No, news sites for instance are full of Flash and so are older sites. In FF there's an obscure setting to stop playing any videos automatically but it's not 100% effective. Flv format is popular because of small file sizes.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

Oh ok, I probably generalized too much there, I need it on Major Geeks to see most video content and Softpedia as well.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  9. CountMike New Member
    Try Yahoo News, it's nothing but Flash.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Yahoo is to insecure for me, even with Malwarebytes Anti-Exploit running*092. But the major players in browser and internet content want to kill flash totally.
    It shouldn't effect Adobe "too bad" because it's free and they have a lot of very good pay to use products. Although it's free they will lose the money from businesses that advertise using their Flash Player, but at least they won't have to maintain it.

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  11. CountMike New Member
    Of all of Yahoo I just watch news and one old e-mail account. Yahoo was first search engine but fell behind. All of the Adobe I banished long time ago, too bloated SW and difficult to get rid of.

CountMike, Aug 27, 2015
  12. Cliff S New Member
    Adobe News Flash to Focus on PC Browsing and Mobile Apps; Adobe to More Aggressively Contribute to HTML5

Even Adobe wants to kill it.*Tongue

Cliff S, Aug 27, 2015
  13. zooburner Win User

This is great news

I have had flash set to 'ask to activate' for a good while, and don't even have the java plug-in installed

zooburner, Aug 30, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    Firefox uses Yahoo search as their default. What is Google going to do with YouTube?

15. altae Win User
    The stadard protocol on youtube has long been changed to html5, youtube is not dependant on flash anymore.

altae, Sep 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Google to hit pause on Flash ads in Chrome on September 1 - Similar Threads - Google hit pause

2. How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop Google Chrome pop up ads: Hello Community; I have an HP desktop PC with OS of windows 10 Home.Just recently, on boot up, there are pop up ads that appear on the right side of my monitor, also the ads will pop once in awhile when I am using the pc. In the top left corner of the picture is says " GOOGLE...
  3. Disabling YouTube Video Pausing in Google Chrome?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling YouTube Video Pausing in Google Chrome?: YouTube Video Pauses in Google Chrome and I need it disabled. I installed an App from Google store and it doesn’t work although it does come with a warning saying “not tested” and may not work. From what I can tell because I’m a sleep it is that it pauses after 2 to 3 hours...
  4. Google Chrome Sync Paused

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Sync Paused: Not sure what caused it but for some reason google chrome keeps pausing sync and I have to sign in every time I open the browser. I switched to the hidden administrator account and the issue is not there. I have uninstalled chrome, reset chrome, added the address to the...
  5. Google Chrome Sync Paused

in Windows 10 Support
    Google Chrome Sync Paused: Not sure what caused it but for some reason google chrome keeps pausing sync and I have to sign in every time I open the browser. I switched to the hidden administrator account and the issue is not there. I have uninstalled chrome, reset chrome, added the address to the...
  6. Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Protecting against resource-heavy ads in Google Chrome: Chrome is developed to be fast and responsive without harmful or annoying experiences. Recently, following the Better Ads Standards, we have taken steps to address ads that most people find unacceptable. Prior to that, we also launched a set of protections against abusive...
  7. Videos now with fewer intrusive ads in Google Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Videos now with fewer intrusive ads in Google Chrome: Chrome has always focused on creating the best possible experience for people browsing the web. We have a long history of protecting our users from annoying and harmful experiences—like blocking pop-up windows and warning users if a page has malware. For the last few years,...
  8. Google Chrome Random Pausing

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Random Pausing: I find it most irritable that Chrome has paused on occasions after Sleep or Hibernation. It does not happen often, but it does happen. Having tried some minor settings tweeks as specified on the web, it is not cured and still pauses. Does anybody have a solution to this...
  9. Google Chrome Flashes BLACK

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome Flashes BLACK: So, every so often, Google Chrome Version 70.0.3538.110 will flash BLACK, like it's refreshing or something. It's annoying, because if i'm streaming something, the stream stops and I have to refresh it. Is there any way to disable this? 122684
  10. Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will block all ads on websites running abusive ads: Last year, after hearing from Chrome users, we launched a set of user protections against “abusive experiences” -- experiences designed to intentionally mislead and trick users into taking action on the web. These protections blocked pop-ups and new window requests from sites...