Windows 10: Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS

Discus and support Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; When you’re traveling somewhere without access to the internet or don’t want to use your data plan, you can still use the Google Translate app on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Brink Win User

Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS

Source: Google Translate improves offline translation

:)

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!

Alas, according to the Google website, offline languages are only available for the Android- and iOS-based Google Translate app.

Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS [​IMG]

So sorry for the inconvenience, but if you must "take it with you" on holiday, you'll have to do it on an Android or iOS device (such as an iPad). According to the information I can find, there is not Windows equivalent or alternative.

HTH,
    --Ed--

PS: here's the link where I found that information https://support.google.com/translate...OS&hl=en&oco=1

EdTittel, Dec 19, 2019
  3. moggie Win User
    Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!

I have an Acer Win10 Tablet and since going Windows from my old Android Tablet I cannot get OFFLINE Google translator. This is important to me as I need to translate Greek sometimes when on my hols and there is no wifi available.
    I know I used to have it - so is it because of Windows? I do not mind paying for it but have tried to download many time to no avail.
    Thanks everyone

moggie, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Google Translate now provides gender specific translations

Source: Reducing gender bias in Google Translate

Brink, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Google Translate improves offline translation on Android and iOS - Similar Threads - Google Translate improves

2. Improve Translations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Improve Translations: Is posiible modify Windows translations? I want to improve my language and make it more bettere because is imprecise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-translations/3198d754-dba4-4265-98d2-d21019447107
  3. Improve Translations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Improve Translations: Is posiible modify Windows translations? I want to improve my language and make it more bettere because is imprecise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/improve-translations/3198d754-dba4-4265-98d2-d21019447107
  4. New Microsoft Translator app update for Android and iOS - Dec. 22

in Windows 10 News
    New Microsoft Translator app update for Android and iOS - Dec. 22: Microsoft Translator is a free, personal translation app for 60+ languages, to translate text, voice, conversations, camera photos and screenshots. You can even download languages for offline translation for free to use when you travel! Microsoft Translator version 4.0.478i...
  5. Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Google improving search in Google Drive on Android and iOS: What’s changing We’re launching new features for the Google Drive mobile apps that will help you search more quickly and efficiently. Now, Android and iOS users with the latest versions of the Drive app will be able to: See and re-run recent...
  6. Google API subtitle translator

Google API subtitle translator: Hi folks anybody tried this yet ---- Machine translations seem to be getting better as the A.I improves -- probably a lot easier to do a machine rough translate and then fix manually than try the whole thing. The only problem seems to be that it's an "online" translate--...
  7. Offline installation of translate app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Offline installation of translate app: I would like to install translate app to a PC with no internet access and no provision to have one. Is this possible ? Please let me know the procedure for the same....
  8. Google Translate instant camera translation gets an upgrade

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate instant camera translation gets an upgrade: Google Translate allows you to explore unfamiliar lands, communicate in different languages, and make connections that would be otherwise impossible. One of my favorite features on the Google Translate mobile app is instant camera translation, which allows you to see the...
  9. Google Translate now provides gender specific translations

in Windows 10 News
    Google Translate now provides gender specific translations: Over the course of this year, there’s been an effort across Google to promote fairness and reduce bias in machine learning. Our latest development in this effort addresses gender bias by providing feminine and masculine translations for some gender-neutral words on the Google...
  10. Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!

Win 10 tablet - problem with offline Google Translator!: I have an Acer Win10 Tablet and since going Windows from my old Android Tablet I cannot get OFFLINE Google translator. This is important to me as I need to translate Greek sometimes when on my hols and there is no wifi available. I know I used to have it - so is it because of...