Windows 10: Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas

Discus and support Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I don't know where to post this but Google has been hitting me with a lot of "we've detected unusual activity" nonsense lately, especially if I run too... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by rivre, Dec 20, 2017.

1. rivre Win User

Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas

I don't know where to post this but Google has been hitting me with a lot of "we've detected unusual activity" nonsense lately, especially if I run too many searches in a few minutes (how many is anybody's guess as it seems arbitrary).

But their recaptchas are unsolvable. I mean absolutely unsolvable. It's infuriating - the images fade in and out slooooowly, and you have to click multiple times before you get them all. Then, you fail anyways, and have to start a new one. Over and over and over for 10 minutes or more, until I'm finally blocked for too many attempts. It's ridiculous. I get these captchas a lot when joining forums, posting comments, etc., but when I run a search on Google and suddenly they pop this up, that's where I draw the line.

Why do they hit me with these just for using their search engine for common searches? Why are their recaptchas impossible to solve? On some sites they seem to work okay - the images load much faster, and some puzzles actually work - like the bridges and buses, which just require 1 click and they are solved. But the ones that slowly fade away and more pop up are impossible, especially the ones with cars and signs and store fronts. Selecting the "audio challenge" option instantly results in a temporary block.

Is there a certain browser that works better with these nightmares? I use Firefox in private browsing mode most of the time. I've tried Chrome and I see no improvement. Why does Google want to make me hate the internet?

:)

rivre, Dec 20, 2017
  2. musum Win User

" SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

SO HERE'S THE LINK TO THAT PIC

http://i26.tinypic.com/2ihbdco.jpg

CAN U PLZ CHECK IT ACTUALLY I HAVE USED THE NOKIA SOFTWARE UPDATER B4 ... BUT I DONT KNW WHY I M GETTING THIS ERROR NOW

musum, Dec 20, 2017
  3. musum Win User
    " SOFTWARE UPDATE FAILED "

i have installed windows xp sp2

previously i was using windows media center i thought i might b facing this probs due to that but then i changed it to windows xp ! n moreover i have also shown to nokia service center executives but they were not having the latest updates available ......
    my pc suite is showing that new update version of firmware is available but i cudnt download it Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas :(

oh gawd wat to do ? Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas :(

i tried in another pc then again i got an error u need to have minimum 256 ram Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas :(

please cant it b rectified ? there must b any solution to this probs please help me guyz

god bless all of u thanx Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas :)

musum, Dec 20, 2017
  4. Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas

Hi rivre.

I just rattled off five searches with barely a second in between. No challenges by Google.

When the last time you ran a secondary scan for unwanted guest on your machine. You could try Malwarebytes from malwarebytes.com

Maybe I just didn't run enough searches to trip the alarms.

Maybe its the private browsing, that I didn't use. If I don't want my searches logged I use DuckDuckGo.

Caledon Ken, Dec 21, 2017
  5. I use Firefox as my browser and Google as my search engine.

I don't have such a problem.

How many searches do you have open at one time?

Jack

Layback Bear, Dec 21, 2017
  6. rivre Win User
    Only one search at a time.

I run Malwarebytes and Avast scans regularly. I have no infections.

I've also tried forcing new IP addresses in my router.

I still get the same issues. I suspect it's either the fact that I use prviate mode in my browser or perhaps certain search terms tend to get flagged as bot or spam. I don't know. It doesn't happen all the time. I'll go days without an issue, then suddenly, I'll be searching for something and Google pops up their recaptcha.

I know I'm not the only one because I've seen others post about this same issue for years on other forums. It's nothing new. A Google search will bring up lots of threads.

This still also doesn't explain why sometimes on some forums the re-captchas are easy to solve and the images load quick, and other times like when Google serves it up directly after a search, it is impossible to solve and the images load sloooow. Both of them are Google's pwn re-captcha. It seems the slooow ones are limited to cars and roads and streets. No matter how many times you fail, it just loads another one of those 3 until you're eventually blocked for failing too many times. The better puzzles are buses and bridges.

rivre, Dec 21, 2017
  7. Layback Bear, Dec 21, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Quite likely. The (very) few times I've seen a re-captcha from Google I've usually been searching for technical information with some keywords from html or psp.

9. rivre Win User
    rivre, Dec 27, 2017
  10. rivre Win User
    Okay, I'm signed into Google at the moment on my PC and I was managing some settings and it just gave me the same ridiculous "suspicious activity" captcha after I clicked to open a setting in a new tab. I hate Google.

rivre, Dec 27, 2017
  11. Caledon Ken, Dec 27, 2017
  12. rivre Win User
    I was actually using Firefox. I had just been in my activity and notifications and nothing is unusual. I'm convinced Google is extremely fussy with either private browsing mode, or maybe it hates certain IP address ranges. I have no idea but it's been an issue for me for a long time.

rivre, Dec 27, 2017
  13. Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas

Caledon Ken, Dec 27, 2017
  14. rivre Win User
    This is exactly what I've been facing and it drives me nuts. I've tried everything and it seems hopeless. That link gives a list of "triggers' and things to try, but most of those don't apply.

Check your IP address
    This happens even though I've changed my IP address many, many times. It may not like my "range" of addresses?

Check your network
    Does not apply.

Stop using VPN
    I'm not using a VPN.

Avoid unknown proxy servers
    I'm not using a proxy.

Use Google public DNS
    I use OpenDNS in my router.

Stop searching illegal queries
    What do they consider "illegal"? I get these captchas when searching totally legal search terms.

Slow your clicks
    See below.

Stop sending automated queries
    I don't.

Search like a human
    What does this even mean?

Check for malwares and browser extensions

No malware according to Avast and Malwarebytes.

The only thing I can think of is that it either doesn't like my IP range, or it hates the way I search. Its says this under "slow your clicks":

"If you are not using VPN, proxy and your IP and ISP are good then the most probable cause could be the unusual clicks from you. When you enter the keyword and hit the enter key very fast, Google will match your activity with the automated bots and stop you.

So slowdown your mouse clicks and speed and use normal speed to avoid the CAPTCHA message."

So I have to purposefully slow down my searches? Seriously, Google? That or it has a very loose definition of what it considers illegal searches.

rivre, Dec 27, 2017
  15. rivre Win User
    And none of that explains why their captchas are literally unsolvable in many instances. Some sites that spring up Google recaptchas work well and quickly, others serve up puzzles that are sloooow to load and impossible to pass regardless of what you click. In their quest to block bots, Google is making their search service a nightmare to use for some people.

rivre, Dec 27, 2017
Thema:

1. Google - "unusual activity" recpatchas - Similar Threads - Google unusual activity

2. sign in unusual activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    sign in unusual activity: tried to sign in to email, had to change password because i could not remember mine; successfully changed, but then got 2 emails from MS account team, stating unusual sign-in activity; then i rec'd text and got a link to AKA.MS/ALCA; so now do not know what to think, have i...
  3. Unusual sign_ in activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual sign_ in activity: Have received two emails from noreply@ microsoft.com regarding unusual sign-in activity over the past week. is that a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusual-sign-in-activity/37716fe5-55ac-4b50-ae14-318a8e3aa670
  4. Unusual sign_ in activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unusual sign_ in activity: Have received two emails from noreply@ microsoft.com regarding unusual sign-in activity over the past week. is that a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unusual-sign-in-activity/37716fe5-55ac-4b50-ae14-318a8e3aa670
  5. Unusual sign_ in activity

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Unusual activity

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unusual activity: I have been receiving notices of unusual sign in activity . I changed my passed word today. I want to know if there is anything else I need to do or even if this is a legit email as it is coming in my junk mail. If there was someone to talk with the problem would have been...
  7. Unusual activity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unusual activity: I have been receiving notices of unusual sign in activity . I changed my passed word today. I want to know if there is anything else I need to do or even if this is a legit email as it is coming in my junk mail. If there was someone to talk with the problem would have been...
  8. Unusual activity

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. "Unusual sign-in activity".................

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Unusual sign-in activity".................: Hi,I got into my Junk Email folder the message below:Is this message from Microsoft?If yes, why this message was placed in the Junk Email folder?What action should I take? Should I click on "No it wasn't me"?Thank you....
  10. Unusual activity sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unusual activity sign-in: Hi, I just want to ask if the email is a scam email or authentic from Microsoft. Situation: Recently bought Windows 10 Home on December 2020. Then yesterday I received an email from Microsoft account team that i had an unusual activity sign-in. The location where it...