Windows 10: Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features

Discus and support Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; If you’re using Google Chrome as your primary web browser on Windows 10, a new update is rolling out with several improvements. Google Chrome... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Oct 23, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features

If you’re using Google Chrome as your primary web browser on Windows 10, a new update is rolling out with several improvements. Google Chrome 78.0.3904.70 or newer comes with new customization abilities on the new tab page (NTP), and as well as a built-in password checkup tool.

More customization options

Google Chrome has always allowed users to add a background to the New Tab page and install themes from the Chrome Web Store.

Google is making significant changes to the existing customization options in Chrome. After the update, “Customize” button located in the bottom-right corner of the New Tab page will launch a new customization panel.

It has three sections – Backgrounds, Shortcuts, Colours and Themes. As the name suggests, the Background tab will let you set your own wallpaper on the New Tab Page.

Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features Chrome-background.jpg

You can choose your own custom photo for the background or select one of the backgrounds offered by Google.

With the shortcuts tab, you should be able to customize the grid of websites displayed under the search bar o New Tab Page. You can edit favicons (icons of the websites), customize most visited sites, and you can also hide shortcuts.

Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features Chrome-customization.jpg

Colour and theme panel lets you change the colour and as well as the for theming Chrome. Google is offering up to 23 combinations, and you can also choose the colour of your choice with the help of colour picker.

Tab hover cards

Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features Chrome-hover-cards.jpg

The update also adds Tab hover cards, a new feature that displays an overlay when you hover your mouse over the tabs. This is helpful if you open several pages in Chrome.

Password Checkup

Chrome 78 comes with built-in Password checkup tool, which has been designed to warn users of compromised logins during sign-in.

The post Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Arul_D Win User

Google Chrome not working windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Are you facing any issues with Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer?
    • Is the issue confined to Google Chrome?
    • Have you tried uninstalling/re-installing Google Chrome?
    There could be several reasons for this cause. I would suggest you to try the steps below and check the result.

Uninstall Google Chrome and then re-install

Press Windows key + X and click Programs & Features

Right click Google Chrome and click Uninstall

Re-install Google Chrome and check.

If the issue still persists, please contact the developer of Google Chrome.

Google Chrome Support Forum

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Arul_D, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

1. Google updates Chrome on Windows 10 with new features - Similar Threads - Google updates Chrome

2. family features blocking google chrome!!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  3. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family features blocking google chrome!!: there already an old thread but it had a non working solution. i am considering formatting the pc and putting Linux on it if this is not something that can be solved by changing Windows settings. thank you....
  4. family features blocking google chrome!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Google Chrome to get new features including Downloads hub on Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome to get new features including Downloads hub on Windows: By default, Google Chrome download prompts or status appear within the downloads shelf at the bottom of the screen. On the other hand, Microsoft Edge downloads show up in the toolbar when you’re downloading something, and it’s also possible to pin the Downloads button or hub...
  6. Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s new feature will improve productivity web apps: Both Microsoft and Google are working on new features to improve the web apps experience on Windows 10 and other desktop platforms. For those unaware, PWAs or web apps are web pages that can be installed like native apps with support for offline viewing, push notifications,...
  7. Google tests new features for Chrome on Windows and other platforms

in Windows 10 News
    Google tests new features for Chrome on Windows and other platforms: Google is testing a new feature called Tab Groups for Chrome in the latest Canary builds. The feature is designed to organize your browsing experience by allowing you to group tabs. You can enable the feature from Chrome’s flags menu by searching for ‘Tab Groups’. Once...
  8. Google Chrome and family features.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome and family features.: I just got a PC and I downloaded google chrome and it says to ask for permission but it doesn't send an email. I tried doing it manually but there is no settings for my Microsoft account to allow google chrome. I tried changing my families, I tried viewing my devices...
  9. New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    New Windows Update Made Google Chrome Break: I got my Surface Pro computer 2 years ago and no update has messed my computer up this badly. Most schools and colleges use Chrome and all Google associated apps as a medium, but now Microsoft Edge has been forcefully downloaded onto my computer. Yesterday (10/27/2018) I...
  10. A closer look at Google Chrome 69 new design and features on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    A closer look at Google Chrome 69 new design and features on Windows 10: Google Chrome users have waited too long for a revamped interface of the web browser and today the search engine giant finally delivered a big update across all supported platforms, including Windows 10. Google Chrome 69 comes with a new design and it’s gradually rolling out...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Google Chrome 78.0.3904.70 not respond issue

2. Google chrome 78.0.3904.70 problem