Windows 10: Google

Discus and support Google in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have lost access to Google after getting it on my Surface for three years. What is happening?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CorryDastur, Sep 14, 2018.

1. Google

I have lost access to Google after getting it on my Surface for three years. What is happening?

:)

CorryDastur, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Sep 14, 2018
  3. fussybob Win User
    IE11 Google Toolbar no auto search suggestions, no search history?

Since the last Win 10 update my Google Toolbar won't list any search suggestions as I type and there is no search history listed. The Google tool bar will allow a search, but after a few searches no search history shows and no "clear search" button is listed either.

I have turnd on "Suggest searches as you type", and "store search histroy on my computer" in the Google Toolbar options.

Any suggestions to fix this?

fussybob, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Google

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

Google

1. Google - Similar Threads - Google

2. Google Chrome

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Google Chrome: I'm having a problem when trying to get into Chrome. So one day I tried to get into chrome but then it didn't work because you had send the email and stuff, but my family was just my mom and she never uses her email that was in the family section, so I left that family and...
  3. Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can’t save word Documents to Google Drive on iPad: I bought an iPad pro 2017 to make notes and write while on the go. But whenever I try to save a document to google drive - for which I spend £2.49 every month for 200GB, it comes up with the message “sorry something went wrong and this file can’t open”. Its very frustrating,...
  4. Google remote desktop works very well.

Google remote desktop works very well.: It has been fun to sit here on a Linux Ubuntu PC and work using my win 7 downstairs PC as if I was sitting right next to it. I was able to easily resolve some network sharing issues. The remote desktop streams video perfectly too. I need to set this up on win10 too. 125601
  5. Google remote desktop works very well.

in Windows 10 Support
    Google remote desktop works very well.: It has been fun to sit here on a Linux Ubuntu PC and work using my win 7 downstairs PC as if I was sitting right next to it. I was able to easily resolve some network sharing issues. The remote desktop streams video perfectly too. I need to set this up on win10 too. 125601
  6. Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update has hijacked my Google search and redirects to Bing!: Both my Surface and my desktop updated on 1/17. Suddenly every time I do a search in Google, "my search" redirects to Bing. I've tried deleting and references to Bing on my root drive - my system says I don't have permissions! I tried going through the apps uninstall, the...
  7. Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo

in Browsers and Email
    Duck Duck Go and Tor versus Google Chrome and Yahoo: I try to clear the cookies, search engines and the search history from my laptop every week, sometimes every two weeks. Generally, I use Google Chrome as my browser and Yahoo as my search engine. I have an email address with yahoo and I like their start page with the...
  8. All Googled fixes for getting newly added / recycle bin restored files to populate on the...

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Googled fixes for getting newly added / recycle bin restored files to populate on the...: The subject pretty well covers it. I have Googled many fixes but they do not work. If there is something in Windows that insists on putting all new files added and restored from Recycle on the right there must be a way to switch it to the right. I am familiar with the...
  9. Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...

Anyone else having problems with SSMS crashing when saving files to a Google Drive File...: I would suggest you open a new instance of SSMS for this... Open SSMS Open a saved .SQL file saved to your Google Drive via g:\ Do a query (can be as simple as you like). Make a small change to the file (add and remove a space). Press Save button or Ctrl+S and watch SSMS...
  10. What is new with Google Fi in 2019

in Windows 10 News
    What is new with Google Fi in 2019: As we dive into 2019, we’re bringing new updates to Google Fi subscribers. Starting today, we’re upgrading default messaging on eligible phones to RCS, and in the coming weeks, if you’re using a phone designed for Fi, you’ll get faster data coverage in more places around the...