Windows 10: Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not

Discus and support Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I`ve got my music on a network share, and I have 2 windows 10 machines with Groove installed on them pointed to that share. One machine shows the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by scoob101, Dec 9, 2016.

1. scoob101 Win User

Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not

I`ve got my music on a network share, and I have 2 windows 10 machines with Groove installed on them pointed to that share.

One machine shows the album art for the music perfectly. I can delete the library and re-create it, and still the album art appears exactly as it should on that machine.

On the other machine, The same albums show up, but 90% of them don't have any album art. I have tried resetting the library and re-creating and I`ve also tried re-registering the app with powershell commands. Nothing I have tried so far changed this behaviour - I just continue to get albums without art.

Anyone got any recommendations? I`m at a loss...

:)

scoob101, Dec 9, 2016

2. Groove Music on Lumia 830 running 10.0.10586.318

The latest update to Groove Music is not showing the correct album art... I have 4 albums of mp3's on my phone, each album has it's own album art, but on playing the music, only one album art is shown for all albums, it is not showing the album art for each
    album.

I am using Core Music Player and it is showing the correct album art for each album.

Jack Smook, Dec 9, 2016
  3. N73 Album/Artist name not displayed

in my n73 music player..albums does show up..but one thing i noticed is that..if the file is WMA file..artist and album appears to be unknown...but with mp3 files...everything is fine...even the album art does show up in the music player...

frozenflame---01, Dec 9, 2016
  4. scoob101 Win User

Bump. Guys, any ideas?

scoob101, Dec 16, 2016
  5. I don't really know the answer but on my rig groove is a bit unpredictable with album art. It shows most of it but some pesky art refuses to show despite other software like windows media player or iTunes showing it fine. I don't really use groove though as my player of choice is iTunes purely because we are invested in the Apple eco system with regards tablets and mobile phones.

does your album art show ok in explorer view when using thumbnail view? If it doesn't here then groove is not going to get it either. I struggle to remember but I had an issue with the art in thumbnail view via explorer too (only m4a and m4p) and downloaded Icaros to handle certain thumbnails which fixed things right up

Scottyboy99, Dec 16, 2016
  6. scoob101 Win User
    Ye, art looks good, I really don't get it.

scoob101, Dec 17, 2016
  7. Hmm, not sure then. Have you tried resetting the app and then re launching it? Mine is missing a few album artworks too but they are sporadic. Although several versions of groove back I did find many more missing and it improved over time. Is this a relatively new setup? Maybe give the machine a good amount of idle time to see if anything builds in the background - I think these are unlikely to help but there is nothing to lose

personally I think groove is lousy and many of the MS native apps aren't too great but I suppose if someone has a windows mobile then groove is essential

I hope you find a fix eventually and if you do share it on the forum

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Goove Music on 2 machines - one shows album art, the other does not - Similar Threads - Goove Music machines

2. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  3. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  4. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  5. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?: Hello, how can one add album art using WMP? The "Paste Album Art" does not appear as an option when right clicking on an album. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/paste-album-art-does-not-appear-as-an-option-how/8701ff6d-4a6b-4757-a3ae-7f64d347c445
  6. Paste Album Art Does Not appear as an Option. How to add Album Art?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. How to add album art in groove music

How to add album art in groove music: Is there any way to add an album art (cover photo) in Groove music app? Have searched forum but no results. I am using Windows 10. Thank you! 176627
  8. Groove Music's album art not showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music's album art not showing: [ATTACH] I have been trying to edit the album's info. The tags are still able to edit but when I tried to upload the art but it keeps showing the JPG file. I have tried many ways like resize the picture or use mp3tag but it just doesn't work....
  9. Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art

Groove Music Unknown Album/Artist Album Art: Having this issue with Groove Music for a long time where it acquires a random album art from the music collection and assigns it to files without a specific Album or Artist name in its metadata. It's really annoying and I was wondering if anyone here knew how to fix it. I've...
  10. Groove not showing album art

Groove not showing album art: Groove isn't showing album art for 85% of the albums. I really like the live tile feature so not having album art is annoying. VLC does this fine, but I want to use Groove for the interface. The Groove app on my phone has no trouble showing album art for all of my albums....