Windows 10: got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop

Discus and support got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by KhylaIsland, Jun 3, 2020.

1. got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop

got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop.

:)

KhylaIsland, Jun 3, 2020

2. External drive

Hi Richard,

There are several factors that can cause your external drive to not read DVDs even though the system is recognizing the device. This could be caused by a driver that needs to updated or corrupted files. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions
    below:

• Just to confirm, the device that is not working properly is a external DVD optical drive?
    • Were there any recent changes or updates installed on your computer?
    • Have you tried to plug the external drive to a different port on your computer?

As a initial recommendation, we suggest that your run the built in troubleshooter in Windows 10. Kindly refer to the steps below:

• Type “Troubleshooting” in the Search bar and press Enter.
    • Click on “View All” in the top left corner.
    • This will display the list of troubleshooters which are built-in in the computer. You can click on
      Hardware and Devices from the list and you can run the troubleshooter.

This will check for common errors that affect hardware on your computer and attempts to correct them.

We look forward to your response after completing the steps.

Jordan Dom, Jun 3, 2020
  3. How to format & initialize a Lacie 1TB GPT external drive with Win 10 to make it a proper exFAT one?

Hello,

Thank you posting your query in Microsoft community.

I understand your concerns and I’ll help you out with this.

Method 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter

I would suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Please follow these steps:

1. Type troubleshooting in the search box on taskbar. 

2. Click troubleshooting in the search results.3. 

3. Click "View all" and then click "Hardware and Devices". 

4. Click "Next" and follow on-screen instructions. 

Since, your external hard drive is listed in Device Management. Try the following steps.

Method 2:

Step 1: I suggest you to check in device manager if the external hard drive is listed there.

1. Connect the external hard drive to the computer.

2. To open device manager, type devmgmt.msc in start search box and hit Enter.

3. Check if the external hard drive is listed.

4. In device manager, expand the hard drive listed in the device list.

5. If the hard drive is listed, right click on it >click Properties.

6. In General, under device status check for the message. Post back if there is any error message.

Step 2: Check if the external drive is getting detected in Disk Management.

If it the hard drive recognizes in the disc management and if there is no drive letter assigned, I would suggest you right click on the drive and assign a drive letter and check if it helps:

Try the following steps.

1. Right click on start.

2. Click Disk Management.

3. Right-click the drive that you want to change, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.

Do one of the following:

a. To assign a drive letter if one has not already been assigned, click Add, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

b. To change a drive letter, click Change, click Assign the following drive letter, click the letter that you want to use, and then click OK.

c. To remove a drive letter, click Remove, and then click Yes to confirm that you want to remove it.

Note:

• Some programs make references to specific drive letters. If you change a drive letter, these programs might not work correctly.

• If you get an error, the drive you are trying to change might be in use. Close any program or window that is using the drive and try again.

• You can't change a drive letter if the drive is either a system partition or a boot partition.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. We will be glad to assist you further.

Pushyanth K S, Jun 3, 2020
  4. Remon Ont Win User

got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 3, 2020
Thema:

got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop

1. got 1TB external drive trying to run an update and photoshop - Similar Threads - got 1TB external

2. CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive see Updates below

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive see Updates below: Hi - could an external hard drive get damaged when CHKDSK is running and the computer is shutdown is performed from the Start menu or by pressing the power button? Background: I suspect a process was running when a 1TB WD passport with 670 GB of data became disconnected...
  3. CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    CHKDSK on 1TB WD Passport external hard drive: Hi - could an external hard drive get damaged when CHKDSK is running and the computer is shutdown is performed from the Start menu or by pressing the power button? Background: I suspect a process was running when a 1T WD passport with 670 GB of data became disconnected...
  4. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  5. WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WD My Passport 1TB External Harfd Drive.: When I try to set up the WD Apps I get a message " This app can't run on your PC. " I am trying to restore files to a new PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wd-my-passport-1tb-external-harfd-drive/6ac13f82-25ef-47f3-b04d-8a2c40efd026
  6. Photoshop (and Ex Photoshop) users try The GIMP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Photoshop (and Ex Photoshop) users try The GIMP: Hi folks especially since Photoshop became "subscription" I'd suggest if you want something that has improved beyond all recognition recently, is Free, available on Windows and Linux (and Macbooks too I think) have a look at the GIMP. Has things like layers, filters effects...
  7. Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds

Reformating Seagate 1TB USB External driveds: I have a 1TB Seagate USB external hard drive I'm trying tor reformat to exFat file system to use data storage on a Chromebook. The disk worked perfectly for more than five years using NTSF file system before I tried to reformat it. It was in formatting stage for for about six...
  8. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  9. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  10. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...