Windows 10: Got a black vignette screen after the feature update

Discus and support Got a black vignette screen after the feature update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10, version 21H1. On 9/13/2021, I updated the Windows version KB5005101 as it showed as an optional feature update. After the update was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Anon. User, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Got a black vignette screen after the feature update

I have Windows 10, version 21H1. On 9/13/2021, I updated the Windows version KB5005101 as it showed as an optional feature update. After the update was downloaded, when my PC was restarting, I noticed a pale black vignette on my screen. I have read the highlight of this preview version September 1, 2021—KB5005101 OS Builds 19041.1202, 19042.1202, and 19043.1202 Preview microsoft.com, then I saw "Updates an issue that resets the brightness for standard dynamic range SDR content on high-dynamic-range HDR monitors. This occurs after you restart your device or reconnect to the device

:)

Anon. User, Sep 14, 2021

2. Black Screen after update

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try pour best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you perform the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to access the desktop.

Method 1:

Step 1: Perform Power Drain and check if you are able to access your desktop screen.

• Unplug the charger and remove the battery of your laptop, if using a desktop remove the power cord.
    • Press and hold the Power button for 30sec.
    • Plug the charger/power cord and restart system.

Step 2: If you can access the desktop check if your system is functioning as normal. Also check which update got installed in your system, by opening Control Panel and then opening Programs and Features.

Method 2: Inaccessible Desktop.

If you are unable to access the desktop screen and you are stuck on the
    Black Screen,
    then I would suggest that you refer to the article
    Troubleshoot black screen problems provided in the link below and check if you are able to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Sep 14, 2021
  3. Peer_Sam Win User
    Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Sep 14, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Got a black vignette screen after the feature update

black screen

Hi,

To assist you better regarding your concern, we would like to know more information:

• Did you get any error messages?
    • Have you tried updating the drivers?
    We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps suggested by Sharath Srinivasa on this

link

You can also check the article about troubleshooting black screen problems on the link below.

windows-10-troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Hope this information helps. Please post us back if you need any further assistance.

Remon Ont, Sep 14, 2021
Thema:

Got a black vignette screen after the feature update

1. Got a black vignette screen after the feature update - Similar Threads - Got black vignette

2. Black screen after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen after update: In 2019 laptop ran out of battery during an windows update. After rebooting with poweradapter plugged in, my laptop gave black screen. Was working perfectly fine before that.I've tried every possible sollution I could find online, for example:- rolling back the update- ctrl...
  3. White vignette on screen suddenly?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    White vignette on screen suddenly?: Not a super techy person so bear with me. I was on my relatively new under 1 yr Surface laptop, closed it while charging, left the house, came back 2 hours later and opened the screen. The screen has a white vignette boarder around it, with a random strip going across the...
  4. White vignette on screen suddenly?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White vignette on screen suddenly?: Not a super techy person so bear with me. I was on my relatively new under 1 yr Surface laptop, closed it while charging, left the house, came back 2 hours later and opened the screen. The screen has a white vignette boarder around it, with a random strip going across the...
  5. White vignette on screen suddenly?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi,Some time ago, my computer wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. All i could see is a cursor and a black screend. I tried looking up the issue to find a solution, but I couldn't follow any...
  7. Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update

Black Screen after December 2020 Windows 10 feature update: After waiting hours for the latest Windows 10 Feature Update, on restart of my laptop, I am greeted with a permanent black screen. This has happened twice now within 2 weeks. I am forced to hold the power button to turn the laptop off. On booting up again, it reverts the...
  8. Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen

Windows Feature Update Causes Black Screen: Hi, Some time ago, my laptop wanted to perform a Windows feature update. After the update, when I tried to sign in, Windows took me to a black screen. I could see a cursor and a box in the corner labeled Personalized Settings but nothing else worked. I tried looking up the...
  9. I got black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I got black screen: I tried upgrade to Win 10 but after the login its all black I can do Ctrl Alt Delete to open Task Manager. What should I do? Coming from Win 8 submitted by /u/IntelligentAdvanced [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6ln9w/i_got_black_screen/
  10. Screen got black and white

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen got black and white: Maybe by mistake I hit the hotkey Win + Ctrl + C . Even toggling off and on color filers does not work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-got-black-and-white/752c3a23-5dfb-45f7-87db-02c61823dcd3