Windows 10: Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please)

Discus and support Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please) in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello guys! So I've got a low-spec laptop lying around (4 GB RAM, Intel i3 7020U 2.3 GHz, integrated graphics 620 HD and 1 TB HDD with about 400 GB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thetechsavvyguy, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please)

Hello guys!

So I've got a low-spec laptop lying around (4 GB RAM, Intel i3 7020U 2.3 GHz, integrated graphics 620 HD and 1 TB HDD with about 400 GB for the C drive. I can't switch to an SSD currently, probably not before Christmas due to the severity of the pandemic and daily online classes.

It takes 10 minutes to boot, and gosh, if I press the start button or any other button on the taskbar, it takes almost 10 seconds to open. Can you imagine pressing the start button and waiting for 10 seconds?

I need Windows 10, so I can't go back to a previous version of Windows.

Can you give me any tips to make it even a bit faster?

Note - All I do is play a bunch of REALLY old games, or games with LITERALLY ZERO requirements (Like Among US, GTA - VC/SA or Spaceflight Simulator), open PDFs, use a browser with a MAXIMUM of 8 tabs, Microsoft Office, and do some REALLY BASIC coding in VS Code (I'm just learning how to code).

Most of the time, I have a browser open with 2-4 tabs and nothing else.

Sometimes, I open an smartphone emulator (It is a really light one). However, I do it only once a few days.

Out of 4 GB, almost 3 GB is taken by Windows (when idle). I have no problems with the CPU and integrated graphics as they hardly ever peak more than 5% when idle.

I only have 2 apps as startup applications, Realtek something (I can't remember the exact name) for sound and another similar application without which my laptop won't probably function properly.

Any help provided would be appreciated...

P.S. - I don't have an issue with the boot time the only main issue of mine currently is probably the RAM usage, as I think it is the one which slows my laptop down

submitted by /u/thetechsavvyguy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thetechsavvyguy, Nov 23, 2020

2. Laptop overclocking adventures

hey guys I'm trying to get clockgen to work on my laptop but can't get any of the plls to work, can you please post like exactly what steps I need to take to test each pll to see if it works? my specs are listed to the left
    thanks!

nflesher87, Nov 23, 2020
  3. low battery alarm

We suggest that you check if the low battery notification is turned
    on. Kindly follow these steps:

• On the search box, type Power Options to see the laptop's power plans.
    • Click on Change Plan Settings.
    • Click on the Change Advanced Power Settings.
    • Scroll down and look for Battery.
    • Expand it see Low battery notification, turn it on for both
      On battery and Plugged in.
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Nov 23, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please)

n-ster, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please)

1. Got a low-spec laptop, any tips to make it faster? (Read description please) - Similar Threads - Got low spec

2. read description

in Windows 10 Gaming
    read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  3. read description

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    read description: I have two accounts on my pc one has no Microsoft account and the other which is this one that I’m typing in does, they both have admin privilege's but when I try to delete the one with no Microsoft account it wont let me I even try to change that account to a user account...
  4. read description

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I make my low-end laptop faster?: Here are my specs:cpu: i7 -4610M 3 GHzRam: 16 Gb DDR3SSD C: 97 GbSSD D: 140 GbGpu: Intel HD graphics 4600 dedicatied video ram = 576 mbIs there a way to make my low-end laptop faster?...
  6. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

How do I make my low-end laptop faster?: Here are my specs:cpu: i7 -4610M 3 GHzRam: 16 Gb DDR3SSD C: 97 GbSSD D: 140 GbGpu: Intel HD graphics 4600 dedicatied video ram = 576 mbIs there a way to make my low-end laptop faster?...
  7. How do I make my low-end laptop faster?

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. How to make Nox Player faster on a low spec pc

How to make Nox Player faster on a low spec pc: Hello guys! My name is Tanzil and I'm using a Windows 10 pc. I use the Nox App Player all the time to play games on my PC. It used to run just quite fine before. Recently I've been getting much lag after a clean installation of my graphic card (I had some serious problems...
  9. How to make Nox Player faster on a low spec pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to make Nox Player faster on a low spec pc: Hello guys! My name is Tanzil and I'm using a Windows 10 pc. I use the Nox App Player all the time to play games on my PC. It used to run just quite fine before. Recently I've been getting much lag after a clean installation of my graphic card (I had some serious problems...
  10. please make my computer faster

please make my computer faster: please make my computer faster https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_people/please-make-my-computer-faster/af22c3fe-3f8d-428d-8393-9ed9633fad77