Windows 10: Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

Discus and support Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stephanie busch, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake?

:)

stephanie busch, Feb 7, 2023
  2. pepanee Win User

Random Auto-Locking of Computer Screen

Nobody suggested checking out Event Viewer?

When your computer randomly locks, search for, and open: Event Viewer

Under Windows Logs, Check out:
    • Application
    • Security, and
    • System

See if you can find something that states anything that could be related to your computer locking. The newest events are listed at the top of each section, so finding an event log would be pretty easy to find. Hopefully we can find what is causing the computer to lock.

pepanee, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Computer stuck at lock screen and after Anniversary Update on Windows 10

Hi,

Do let us know if you are able to see any error message/ error code with locking the computer.

Let us try the below steps to unlock and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to restart the computer, try to unlock and check if the issue persists.
    • Use On-screen keyboard to type in your password and check if it helps.
    Click on the Ease of access on the lock screen at the right-bottom corner, turn on
    On-screen keyboard to type the password.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of unlocking the device for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 7, 2023
  4. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

computer keeps locking up...

him your computer locks up.... check what your running and see if it affects it cause this shouldn't happen it could be your ram or your mouse but i'm just giving a suggestion

k0rn_h0li0, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

1. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a... - Similar Threads - Got message computer

2. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  3. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...: I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install ultraviewer, is it a scam? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-got-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/3e0e03af-b00c-4a51-abcc-076948ed4fb4
  4. I got message that my computer was locked up and the support number wanted me to install...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. if i got the computer security locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  6. if i got the computer security locked

if i got the computer security locked: call "877 747 1134" idk if its a scam, but i also downloaded an app to give them control of my computer but i closed out the application and he doesnt have anything on me nd didn't sign into my banking info like they asked, can anyone confirm it was a scam for me? wish i...
  7. Computer locked message

Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  8. Computer locked message

Computer locked message: Hello I received a message that my computer was locked and IP address compromised. I was told to call 1-888-514-2999. I did not call. I hit control alt del and signed off. Is my computer infected. If so what should I do?Lisa...
  9. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...: Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/947f9438-5ca3-4889-a43d-afba1ddffb14
  10. Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Got a message that my computer was locked up and that I should call188884688 is this a...: Got a message saying my computer is locked up and should call +1-88-846-8834 is this fake? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/got-a-message-that-my-computer-was-locked-up-and/947f9438-5ca3-4889-a43d-afba1ddffb14